Little Women song

Practically Perfect Profile Photo
Practically Perfect
#0Little Women song
Posted: 5/12/05 at 11:11am

In the broadway.com video of the cast recording for Little Women, Sutton Foster sings a song with the lyrcis 'Everything I promised was for them, everywhere, no matter where or when. How can that be lost forever...' etc. I haven't seen the show, and my CD has not arrived yet. I was just wondering if someone could tell me which song it is, and if maybe someone could send me a file of it, as I think it sounds wonderful?

Thanks in advance,

Mary P x

EponineThenardier Profile Photo
EponineThenardier
#1re: Little Women song
Posted: 5/12/05 at 11:47am

I believe it's "The Fire Within Me." But I'm not 100% sure.

Tom1071 Profile Photo
Tom1071
#2re: Little Women song
Posted: 5/12/05 at 11:51am

It is "The Fire Within Me."

AmaraCaledonia
#3re: Little Women song
Posted: 5/12/05 at 11:53am

As already stated, it's "The Fire Within Me". It's such a beautiful song. <3

"There's a butt naked princess, lounging in a bed, calling your name. What exactly didn't you realize? Before our wedding night, pack up some of that dried monkey meat and have the royal cartographer draw you a map of the female body, captain. Maybe then you'll be more inclined to come explore!"

Practically Perfect Profile Photo
Practically Perfect
#4re: Little Women song
Posted: 5/12/05 at 1:30pm

Thanks very much guys. I can't wait for my CD!

Mary P x

Shoshana BeanieBaby
#5re: Little Women song
Posted: 5/12/05 at 6:12pm

The CD is wonderful.......I wish there was a bonus version of Astonishing sung by Julie Foldici She was amazing!!!

stylinbohemian
#6re: Little Women song
Posted: 5/12/05 at 6:55pm

Shoshana BeanieBaby was Julie Foldici really good?

"If There's One Thing to Learn it's You Just Can't Go Wrong If You Follow Your Heart, and End With A Song"

My Fair Lady Profile Photo
My Fair Lady
#7re: Little Women song
Posted: 5/12/05 at 7:04pm

I saw Sutton, but not Julie Foldesi. Julie Foldesi got mixed reviews from what I heard. Some people said that she wasn't good at all and others really liked her performance. However, I don't think anyone can compare to the amazing Sutton Foster.

ElphieDefiesGravity Profile Photo
ElphieDefiesGravity
#8re: Little Women song
Posted: 5/12/05 at 10:09pm

Actually, I believe that song in the video is "Astonishing." If she is wearing pants in the video, which I believe she is,then it IS "Astonishing." If she is wearing a dress, it is "The Fire Within Me."

"Blow out the candles, Robert, and make a wish. Want something. Want something."

Wishes come true, not free.

ashley0139
#9re: Little Women song
Posted: 5/12/05 at 10:15pm

I don't think it's astonishing. Astonishing sounds completely different.

"This table, he is over one hundred years old. If I could, I would take an old gramophone needle and run it along the surface of the wood. To hear the music of the voices. All that was said." - Doug Wright, I Am My Own Wife

ElphieDefiesGravity Profile Photo
ElphieDefiesGravity
#10re: Little Women song
Posted: 5/12/05 at 10:24pm

Wow, sorry, you are totally right. I was thinking of a different video, I think.

"Blow out the candles, Robert, and make a wish. Want something. Want something."

Wishes come true, not free.

ashley0139
#11re: Little Women song
Posted: 5/12/05 at 10:27pm

Yeah. You were probably just thinking of something different.

"This table, he is over one hundred years old. If I could, I would take an old gramophone needle and run it along the surface of the wood. To hear the music of the voices. All that was said." - Doug Wright, I Am My Own Wife

kangaroo Profile Photo
kangaroo
#12re: Little Women song
Posted: 5/12/05 at 10:43pm

I love the CD... it's songs are vary in style, but it gives you a central theme in all of them.

~kangaroo re: Little Women song

NIL MAGNUM NISI BONUM "No greatness without goodness."

RENThead, enLIGHist, Ozalot, Grobanite, Ringer, Pickwick LW, Wicked, Lost, American Dreams, West Wing
Lea S. Hugh J. Adam P. Idina M. Matt M. Taye D.

Videos