pixeltracker

Chicago on Broadway welcomes Luba Mason..

Chicago on Broadway welcomes Luba Mason..

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#0Chicago on Broadway welcomes Luba Mason..
Posted: 5/24/05 at 9:18pm

This should be very interesting. FINALLY Broadway's Chicago gets some new blood!

http://www.playbill.com/news/article/93126.html

I think she will be great - apparently shes a fantastic vocalist - so I will love to hear what she does with Velma.

Also I wonder if they will give her a brunette wig? Or keep her blonde, because on Broadway sometimes they give the blond Velma's darker wigs (Sharon Lawrence) Or maybe they will keep her blonde like Ute Lemper. Should be interesting.
Updated On: 5/24/05 at 09:18 PM

jonartdesigns Profile Photo
jonartdesigns
#1re: Chicago on Broadway welcomes Luba Mason..
Posted: 5/24/05 at 10:29pm

i'd love to finally hear her do something other than hedy in H2$, i'm kinda hoping to see a return to the velma bob wig they had when bebe was in (and others i'm sure)

"Grease," the fourth revival of the season, is the worst show in the history of theater and represents an unparalleled assault on Western civilization and its values. - Michael Reidel

justme2 Profile Photo
justme2
#2re: Chicago on Broadway welcomes Luba Mason..
Posted: 5/24/05 at 11:42pm

I saw her in Will Rogers Follies in SF and LA years ago when she was one of the "six single sisters"..I think I even have her autograph on one of the programs. I think her name was Luba Gregus at one point. I also remember seeing her on Law and Order a couple of years back. She played the mother of a psychotic 10 year girl who was going around killing kids.

Congratulations Luba!

"My dreams, watching me said, one to the other...this life has let us down."

Sheri Profile Photo
Sheri
#3re: Chicago on Broadway welcomes Luba Mason..
Posted: 5/25/05 at 12:39am

Yay for Luba Mason! LA theatre will not be the same without her, but I'm so happy for her! re: Chicago on Broadway welcomes  Luba Mason..

FosseBoi
#4re: Chicago on Broadway welcomes Luba Mason..
Posted: 5/25/05 at 1:50pm

SO does anyone know if shes good or not?

"I've always secretly longed for an actress to get to the top of the cherry picker and projectile vomit all over the guards below."- Wonderwaiter in the "Defy Gravity?" thread. ~~~~~~~~My dream? Sutton Foster as Cassie in A Chorus Line

decotodd
#5re: Chicago on Broadway welcomes Luba Mason..
Posted: 5/25/05 at 2:29pm

She was quite good in the Reprise PIPPIN of a few months back. She played his mother.

TxTwoStep Profile Photo
TxTwoStep
#6re: Chicago on Broadway welcomes Luba Mason..
Posted: 5/25/05 at 2:35pm

i posted on the other board asking if anyone had seen her dance that much. She's a great belter and looks very sexy of course. Was there much Chita-style dancing as Fastrada in that PIPPIN concert?

Will: They don't give out awards for helping people be gay... unless you count the Tonys. "I guarantee that we'll have tough times. I guarantee that at some point one or both of us will want to get out. But I also guarantee that if I don't ask you to be mine, I'll regret it for the rest of my life..."

mule
#7I saw her 5 years ago in Jekyll & Hyde
Posted: 5/25/05 at 3:22pm

I saw her 5 years ago in Jekyll & Hyde

She is really beautiful with a voice to match.

I have no idea if she can dance but she can act.

Her natural beauty and sex appeal will play well in Chicago.

TxTwoStep Profile Photo
TxTwoStep
#8I saw her 5 years ago in Jekyll & Hyde
Posted: 5/25/05 at 3:28pm

yeah, it's just that Velma is so dance-centric. The two numbers specifically: "When Velma Takes the Stand" and "I Simply Cannot Do It Alone."

Will: They don't give out awards for helping people be gay... unless you count the Tonys. "I guarantee that we'll have tough times. I guarantee that at some point one or both of us will want to get out. But I also guarantee that if I don't ask you to be mine, I'll regret it for the rest of my life..."

Videos