Illegal Wicked productions

fiyero8132
#0Illegal Wicked productions
Posted: 5/25/05 at 10:55pm

It seems like there are a lot of people saying that they are doing shows of Wicked. Obviously, that's illegal cuz the rights aren't out yet. I'm not being a jackass but I'm just wondering how complete your shows are? Anyone have pictures? I personally have a copy of the complete piano/vocal score to the show but I was wondering how the show is done if you don't have it.

Aigoo Profile Photo
Aigoo
#1re: Illegal Wicked productions
Posted: 5/25/05 at 10:59pm

You can request the music to Stephen Schwartz' assistant for "special purposes" such as these. I believe you're limited to 3 songs from the show if you happen to be doing a recital like this.

This is my signature.

Joshua488
#2re: Illegal Wicked productions
Posted: 5/25/05 at 11:03pm

Yes, but a lot of people claim that they are putting on full productions of the show, not just small recitals. Highly illegal. I do not advocate this!

Aigoo Profile Photo
Aigoo
#3re: Illegal Wicked productions
Posted: 5/25/05 at 11:07pm

This is interesting. I know the script is available on that one site are they just using the Wicked songbook for the songs?

This is my signature.

FindingNamo
#4re: Illegal Wicked productions
Posted: 5/25/05 at 11:19pm

My school totally did an illegal production of it and it was pretty good but kinda tragic because they used the big tire from the end of the illegal production of Cats they did a couple years ago and at the end of Defying Gravity, our Elphaba blew threw the roof. They had to cancel act 2.

Twitter @NamoInExile Instagram none

Whiteguy2088 Profile Photo
Whiteguy2088
#5re: Illegal Wicked productions
Posted: 5/25/05 at 11:30pm

We did a medley for a show...No One Mourns the Wicked - What Is This Feeling - Popular - One Short - Defying Gravity - For Good.... We have a man that wrote the parts for us...SATB (was 6 parts)...he is amazing...he just listens to recording and makes them. Was great fun being an Ozian :) And also our choreographer had seen the production about 4 times and took notes...so much of the dance moves were the same - But its High School Choir....they dont really care what we do.

JKM2159
#6re: Illegal Wicked productions
Posted: 5/25/05 at 11:44pm

My friend told me about a company in California who had to cancel their production because they were caught illegally doing a show that used parts from "The Wizard of Oz," "The Wiz," and "Wicked." Seems like it would have been an interesting show...

Thenardier Profile Photo
Thenardier
#7re: Illegal Wicked productions
Posted: 5/25/05 at 11:48pm

Namo - I WAS THERE!

Really sad, I though the Elphaba would tear up NGD...guess not...

FindingNamo
#8re: Illegal Wicked productions
Posted: 5/25/05 at 11:48pm

Oh yeah, "The WickWizWiz." I heard that was good.

Twitter @NamoInExile Instagram none

RentBoy86
#9re: Illegal Wicked productions
Posted: 5/26/05 at 12:11am

What do you mean you used the "tire." How does that work in Wicked? Also what do you mean she tore through the roof? Like she ruined her voice? .... that's why illegal productions shouldn't happen!!

RentBoy86
#10re: Illegal Wicked productions
Posted: 5/26/05 at 12:11am

What do you mean you used the "tire." How does that work in Wicked? Also what do you mean she tore through the roof? Like she ruined her voice? .... that's why illegal productions shouldn't happen!!
Wickeds a hard show vocally.

Aigoo Profile Photo
Aigoo
#11re: Illegal Wicked productions
Posted: 5/26/05 at 12:13am

I think they meant that she literally "tore through the roof".

This is my signature.

Thenardier Profile Photo
Thenardier
#12re: Illegal Wicked productions
Posted: 5/26/05 at 12:16am

In Cats, when they ascend to the Heavyside layer, they are on a tire that lifts them up. That's what happened - just it went through the roof, a la Willy Wonka's Glass Elevator.

Updated On: 5/26/05 at 12:16 AM

RentBoy86
#13re: Illegal Wicked productions
Posted: 5/26/05 at 12:17am

Oh haha, literally...that sucks...

FosseBoi
#14re: Illegal Wicked productions
Posted: 5/26/05 at 12:18am

OMG! Your serious!? I thought you were being sarcastic!

"I've always secretly longed for an actress to get to the top of the cherry picker and projectile vomit all over the guards below."- Wonderwaiter in the "Defy Gravity?" thread. ~~~~~~~~My dream? Sutton Foster as Cassie in A Chorus Line

HeyMrMusic Profile Photo
HeyMrMusic
#15re: Illegal Wicked productions
Posted: 5/26/05 at 12:22am

I think they were.

~Steven

Bwaybaby109
#16re: Illegal Wicked productions
Posted: 5/26/05 at 12:38am

i think it's appalling people are actually doing this, it's so illegal and it's wrong! I hate it when people do this, I've even heard illegal productions of POTO...now that really pisses me off. Grrr! Sorry I'll get off my soap box but I just hate it!

"Have a child for warmth and a baker for bread and a prince for... whatever!"

StephanietheStar Profile Photo
StephanietheStar
#17re: Illegal Wicked productions
Posted: 5/26/05 at 12:40am

I was just talking today about how if/when they ever release the rights for Wicked how CRAPPY the productions will be...

and people are doing it illegally..taht must suck!

and all that I could do because of you was talk of love...

MatthewAddison Profile Photo
MatthewAddison
#18re: Illegal Wicked productions
Posted: 5/26/05 at 1:27am

So, you could say...

These people are Defying Legality?

(I crack myself up. Ah...)

Bwaybaby109
#19re: Illegal Wicked productions
Posted: 5/26/05 at 1:29am

:: da dum da CHING (on the cymbals):: lol very clever!

"Have a child for warmth and a baker for bread and a prince for... whatever!"

Thenardier Profile Photo
Thenardier
#20re: Illegal Wicked productions
Posted: 5/26/05 at 1:36am

If it weren't 1:30 am I wouldn't laugh....

But it is, and I did...

So hand to me a contract
And let me sign away
It seems in every legal matter
All celebs deserve to get their way

And if I'm truly cheating
The stock market or at craps
To those who try to indict me
Watch this anarchist fly the trap

Tell them how I am defying legality
I'm striving hard defying legality
And soon I'll take my cash and flee

And nobody in all of D.C.
Now government officiality
Is ever gonna indict me!

INDICT ME!!!!!

NANANANANANANANANANANANANA!

Updated On: 5/26/05 at 01:36 AM

FosseBoi
#21re: Illegal Wicked productions
Posted: 5/26/05 at 1:55am

And the chorus will sing:"Boo Boo!"

"I've always secretly longed for an actress to get to the top of the cherry picker and projectile vomit all over the guards below."- Wonderwaiter in the "Defy Gravity?" thread. ~~~~~~~~My dream? Sutton Foster as Cassie in A Chorus Line

Thenardier Profile Photo
Thenardier
#22re: Illegal Wicked productions
Posted: 5/26/05 at 1:57am

No, they will sing:

MARTHA
MARTHA
STEWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAART!

FosseBoi
#23re: Illegal Wicked productions
Posted: 5/26/05 at 2:13am

HAH! I was saying "BOO BOO!" because she sang "NANANANANANA". But the Martha thing is SOOO MUCH better!

badkarma719 Profile Photo
badkarma719
#24re: Illegal Wicked productions
Posted: 5/26/05 at 2:28am

Shame shame on u all for doing Illegal productions of a show

In the words of the great MargoChanning "Broadwayworld.com -- Your One Stop on the Internet for All Things Broadway, Nasty Political Discussions, Meltdowns, Name-Calling and General Nonsense along with being a Premiere Pick-up Joint for Hotties, Shut-ins, Rambunctuous Teenagers With Bad Grammar, and All Manner of Bitter, Jaded Theatre Queens with WAY Too Much Time on Their Hands"?

Videos