Original Annie

theatreboi11
#0Original Annie
Posted: 6/17/05 at 12:45am

Who was the original Annie?

(Martha Graham from a letter to Agnes de Mille) "There is a vitality, a life force, a quickening That is translated through you into action, And because there is only one of you in all time, This expression is unique. If you block it, It will never exist through any other medium And be lost. The world will never have it. It is not your business to determine how good it is, Nor how valuable it is, Nor how it compares with other expressions. It is your business to keep it yours, clearly and directly, To keep the channel open. You do not even have to believe in yourself or your work. You have to keep open and aware Directly to the urges that motivate you. Keep the channel open. No artist is pleased. There is no satisfaction whatever at any time. There is only a queer, divine dissatisfaction, A blessed unrest that keeps us marching And makes us more alive than others."

luvtheEmcee Profile Photo
luvtheEmcee
#1re: Original Annie
Posted: 6/17/05 at 12:46am

Andrea McArdle?

A work of art is an invitation to love.

trpguyy
#2re: Original Annie
Posted: 6/17/05 at 12:46am

yeah, Andrea McBloodCurdle
Updated On: 6/17/05 at 12:46 AM

theatreboi11
#3re: Original Annie
Posted: 6/17/05 at 12:47am

Thanks guys....*goes and rubs it in boyfriends face*

(Martha Graham from a letter to Agnes de Mille) "There is a vitality, a life force, a quickening That is translated through you into action, And because there is only one of you in all time, This expression is unique. If you block it, It will never exist through any other medium And be lost. The world will never have it. It is not your business to determine how good it is, Nor how valuable it is, Nor how it compares with other expressions. It is your business to keep it yours, clearly and directly, To keep the channel open. You do not even have to believe in yourself or your work. You have to keep open and aware Directly to the urges that motivate you. Keep the channel open. No artist is pleased. There is no satisfaction whatever at any time. There is only a queer, divine dissatisfaction, A blessed unrest that keeps us marching And makes us more alive than others."

doodlenyc Profile Photo
doodlenyc
#4re: Original Annie
Posted: 6/17/05 at 11:13am

Saw her in I Remember Mama ages ago...she is a good singer...She also sang God Give Me Strength (Bacharach)...great song!

"Carson has combined his passion for helping children with his love for one of Cincinnati's favorite past times - cornhole - to create a unique and exciting event perfect for a corporate outing, entertaining clients or family fun."

"In Oz, the verb is douchifizzation." PRS

BroadwayGirlWicked Profile Photo
BroadwayGirlWicked
#5re: Original Annie
Posted: 6/17/05 at 11:49am

Annie sucks i cant stand that musical, because whenever i audition for plays at our theatre the people who know nothing always sing Annie i am so sick of that show!

_CORRIE_--Most annoying member of 2005- AVATAR- Credit: copyright GregoryJbara.com-- DONT PEOPLE UNDERSTAND THAT NOT EVERYONE USES PUNCTUATION?
Updated On: 6/17/05 at 11:49 AM

Gothampc
#6re: Original Annie
Posted: 6/17/05 at 11:55am

And McArdle was really too old to play Annie. If you look at pictures of Reid Shelton hoisting her up into his arms, you realize why "Annie" was his last show. She gave the man a hernia.

If anyone ever tells you that you put too much Parmesan cheese on your pasta, stop talking to them. You don't need that kind of negativity in your life.
Updated On: 6/17/05 at 11:55 AM

hushpuppy Profile Photo
hushpuppy
#7re: Original Annie
Posted: 6/17/05 at 1:15pm

I thought Ethel Merman was the original Annie re: Original Annie

'Our whole family shouts. It comes from us livin' so close to the railroad tracks'

Beergoggles
#8re: Original Annie
Posted: 6/17/05 at 1:19pm

durr... she was the origional Oliver! Get your facts right man!! lol

Jesus Loves You... Everybody else thinks you're an idiot!

Mister Matt Profile Photo
Mister Matt
#9re: Original Annie
Posted: 6/17/05 at 1:27pm

Andrea McArdle - love her, love Annie

"What can you expect from a bunch of seitan worshippers?" - Reginald Tresilian

CATSNYrevival Profile Photo
CATSNYrevival
#10re: Original Annie
Posted: 6/17/05 at 2:15pm

Sarah Jessica Parker was the best annie ever... wasn't that her Broadway debut? I think so... re: Original Annie

DivaBrigader Profile Photo
DivaBrigader
#11re: Original Annie
Posted: 6/17/05 at 2:39pm

"The Innocents" was SJP's Broadway debut in 1976 :).

CATSNYrevival Profile Photo
CATSNYrevival
#12re: Original Annie
Posted: 6/17/05 at 2:47pm

thank you. re: Original Annie