Andrew LIPPA in australia

jefflang007
#0Andrew LIPPA in australia
Posted: 6/18/05 at 12:07am

Saw Lippa in adelaide last night. Did the majority of Wild Party and some other new bits from asphalt and betty boop.

Wasn't too bad. Loves himself a little. Still don't we all?

And please those Ausies who like Kate TUCKERMAN.....
Why the woman in awful! And she wants to play Eplhaba here. Please no!
Updated On: 6/18/05 at 12:07 AM

Pinguin Profile Photo
Pinguin
#1re: Andrew LIPPA in australia
Posted: 6/18/05 at 2:06am

Andrew is an awesome guy, but he definitely thinks he's God's gift to gay men :0)

I wish that the Betty Boop would have been ready for workshop this summer...

-Anyone want to turn anarchist with me?

"Bless you and all who know you, oh wise and penguined one." ~YouWantItWhen????

lfae Profile Photo
lfae
#2re: Andrew LIPPA in australia
Posted: 8/13/05 at 7:13am

I know this is old to be replying to, but I was wondering after the full cast of the concert version of the Wild Party, since I missed it re: Andrew LIPPA in australia

and for the record I like Kaye Tuckerman from what I have seen but NO WAY is she an Elphaba. Tamsin Carroll, please re: Andrew LIPPA in australia

wildcat Profile Photo
wildcat
#3re: Andrew LIPPA in australia
Posted: 8/13/05 at 10:30am

Tamsin is indeed brilliant but I don't know that she has the vocal range for Elphaba. I'd put my money on Amanda Harrison, late of WE WILL ROCK YOU and currently starring in LEADER OF THE PACK in Melbourne.

ozbwayfan
#4re: Andrew LIPPA in australia
Posted: 8/13/05 at 10:44am

Updated On: 8/13/05 at 10:44 AM

ozbwayfan
#5re: Andrew LIPPA in australia
Posted: 8/13/05 at 10:45am

Amanda is indeed very spesh.

But it doesn't matter who it is, if it tours to Perth it'll be with Rachel Beck. Every time...Rachel Beck. Not that it'll ever tour to Perth.

wildcat Profile Photo
wildcat
#6re: Andrew LIPPA in australia
Posted: 8/13/05 at 10:55am

How true. Even with Lisa McCune as Glinda??

lfae Profile Photo
lfae
#7re: Andrew LIPPA in australia
Posted: 8/14/05 at 2:52am

No one but Lucy Durack as Galinda :)

and Tamsin will be busy with Dusty anyway, if they go ahead with Wicked anytime soon. Sigh.

LotP doesn't show off Amanda's range well enough. She's fantastic but I didn't come out of the show thinking, Elphie. However I *did* think that about Alinta Chidzey!

stage_door76 Profile Photo
stage_door76
#8re: Andrew LIPPA in australia
Posted: 8/14/05 at 3:38am

interesting thoughts boys and girls

very interesting...

"...But Kungurtseva reels off multiple fouettes and the tape is stopped so she can take a bow. The Jester, an abomination introduced to Swan Lake in Soviet times, extorts applause from the audience. The cuts don't help the storytelling, the production is bare bones and they go for the '50s-style happy ending. The audience cheers like mad at the end. It's the Russian ballet, after all..."

wildcat Profile Photo
wildcat
#9re: Andrew LIPPA in australia
Posted: 8/14/05 at 5:15am

Who was that???

Prof. Harold Hill getting off at River City...?

I adore Lucy Durack. What a lovely thought!

stage_door76
#10re: Andrew LIPPA in australia
Posted: 8/14/05 at 5:52am

i'd like to see lucy as glinda eventually, but frankly, if the amanda murmurs are solid, then they'll probably need lisa's name on the marquee to bring in the initial public.

rachel will probably take over both leads in perth and adeliade. ahh, what an amusing thought!

dream cast would include a cameo elphaba performance by tina arena as far as i'm concerned. either her or someone completely new and fresh...a raw powerhouse voice

see you all soon

"...But Kungurtseva reels off multiple fouettes and the tape is stopped so she can take a bow. The Jester, an abomination introduced to Swan Lake in Soviet times, extorts applause from the audience. The cuts don't help the storytelling, the production is bare bones and they go for the '50s-style happy ending. The audience cheers like mad at the end. It's the Russian ballet, after all..."

paradox_error Profile Photo
paradox_error
#11re: Andrew LIPPA in australia
Posted: 8/14/05 at 6:09am

oh god no...

Not Wicked in Australia! It was bad enough when the tweens got hold of the cast album, but if they actually give them a production to see....

argh!

lfae Profile Photo
lfae
#12re: Andrew LIPPA in australia
Posted: 8/14/05 at 6:33am

I like Lisa but really can't see her as G(a)linda at all. Really!

and latest rumour I've heard is Feb 2006...I really hope so...who cares if the 'tweens' get to see it if the rest of us get to see it too? re: Andrew LIPPA in australia

wildcat Profile Photo
wildcat
#13re: Andrew LIPPA in australia
Posted: 8/14/05 at 6:44am

I heard June at the Capitol in Sydney.

Also AVENUE Q and SPELLING BEE àt the Melbourne Theatre Co. next year, with their production of URINETOWN transferring to Sydney.

jefflang007
#14re: Andrew LIPPA in australia
Posted: 8/14/05 at 7:29pm

it had Chelsea GIBB, David HARRIS, Simon Burke, Bert La BONTE, Tony Mc GILL, Sharon MILLERCAMP, Eddie PERFECT, Lisa SONTAG, Kaye TUNKERMAN (erk), and David LAMPARD

RentBoy86
#15re: Andrew LIPPA in australia
Posted: 8/14/05 at 8:19pm

Hm. Betty Boop the musical? Hm, interesting. I can't wait to hear asphalt beach.

lfae Profile Photo
lfae
#16re: Andrew LIPPA in australia
Posted: 8/14/05 at 8:28pm

who played which role though? All I know is which Sharon and Kaye were...I didn't even know Lisa was there, aww! Doubly sad I had to miss it now re: Andrew LIPPA in australia

jefflang007
#17re: Andrew LIPPA in australia
Posted: 8/15/05 at 3:55am

well thats hard, He is no longer alowed to preform the "wild party" as the owner of the other wild party owns the rights to the poem and won't allow him to call it the wild party so, there were collections from the show and it was called a wild party with Andrew LIPPA. Confused?

stage_door76
#18re: Andrew LIPPA in australia
Posted: 8/15/05 at 4:07am

with regards to wicked, i do think it would be great if it came to australia, and it will - regardless of what anyone says; as the market is relatively ripe for it.

i'd hate for it to open in sydney though. HATE. it's a melbourne show. it's just such a different vibe to perform in nsw, plus i have bad memories of the capital

i was at a small concert some months back where a current third year waapa student did a sort of edited medley of lippa's wild party. she was good.

if i could only remember her name...

p.s. boy from oz with hugh...here i come!

lfae Profile Photo
lfae
#19re: Andrew LIPPA in australia
Posted: 8/15/05 at 5:30am

Oh it so is a Melbourne show...not just because I don't want to have to keep flying up to Sydney if it opens there lol but it really is. It has that Melbourne vibe.

Videos