Is it possible....

Born2cthelightsofbway Profile Photo
Born2cthelightsofbway
#0Is it possible....
Posted: 7/4/05 at 8:53pm

for there to be a really young (17-19) Belle or christine if they have an amazing voice? I know they usually put 20s, but if there was someone really amazing and young would there be a chance at broadway or a national tour? thanks, i'm just curious, I was having this debate with a friend the other day.

"You alone can make my song take flight, it's over now, the Music of the Night!!!!!"

luvtheEmcee Profile Photo
luvtheEmcee
#1re: Is it possible....
Posted: 7/4/05 at 8:54pm

Christy Carlson Romano played Belle, and I think she's only about nineteen... maybe twenty. Not that she has an amazing voice, but it's certainly been done.

A work of art is an invitation to love.

#2re: Is it possible....
Posted: 7/4/05 at 8:56pm

I think she was the youngest Belle ever.

She was pretty good at Bway on Bway... but heck Im a fan.

I think as Belle it would work and if Im not mistaken Emmy was only 16 when she was cast in Phantom.

loganp37 Profile Photo
loganp37
#3re: Is it possible....
Posted: 7/4/05 at 9:12pm

In my opinion it would be better to cast these two roles with someone younger.

Sandra Joseph looked too old to play Christine, or too tired when I saw the show in April.

buffyactsing Profile Photo
buffyactsing
#4re: Is it possible....
Posted: 7/4/05 at 9:13pm

I would think the minimum they would probably want was 18 unless the kid was an independent due to child labor laws.

"This ocean runs more dark and deep than you may think you know...I'll be the fear of the fire at sea." -Marie Christine

Popular Profile Photo
Popular
#5re: Is it possible....
Posted: 7/4/05 at 9:14pm

Megan Campbell was only 18 (or 19 at the most) when she covered Sutton in Mille.

Born2cthelightsofbway Profile Photo
Born2cthelightsofbway
#6re: Is it possible....
Posted: 7/4/05 at 9:40pm

thanks, just bumping this

"You alone can make my song take flight, it's over now, the Music of the Night!!!!!"

CapnHook Profile Photo
CapnHook
#7re: Is it possible....
Posted: 7/4/05 at 9:42pm

They won't care if you lie that you're 20 on your resume. re: Is it possible....

"The Spectacle has, indeed, an emotional attraction of its own, but, of all the parts, it is the least artistic, and connected least with the art of poetry. For the power of Tragedy, we may be sure, is felt even apart from representation and actors. Besides, the production of spectacular effects depends more on the art of the stage machinist than on that of the poet."
--Aristotle

wonderland
#8re: Is it possible....
Posted: 7/4/05 at 11:02pm

Until you get in huge trouble with Equity- under 18 is a different contract. And just for the record, I've been told not to put your age on your resume anyway- it makes the auditors look at you in a different light instead of seeing how you look on stage.

CatieElphie1 Profile Photo
CatieElphie1
#9re: Is it possible....
Posted: 7/5/05 at 12:58am

i don't know. seems like sometimes people just look at past work instead of newer potential

Was that a fat joke?
Updated On: 8/7/06 at 12:58 AM

Racetrack Profile Photo
Racetrack
#10re: Is it possible....
Posted: 7/5/05 at 1:05am

It would be possible. Someone already said Christy Carlson Romano for Belle. I think if the person is good and has technique and the auditors liked what they saw then a person younger than twenty should be cast. As someone else said I wouldn't put my age on a resume anyway.

"The weight of this sad time we must obey, Speak what we feel, not what we ought to say. The oldest hath borne most; we that are young Shall never see so much, nor live so long"-Edgar in King Lear

Videos