pixeltracker

And...Daniel Davis is working Again!

And...Daniel Davis is working Again!

LaCageAuxFollesFan2 Profile Photo
LaCageAuxFollesFan2
#0And...Daniel Davis is working Again!
Posted: 7/8/05 at 10:25am

Bravo you SOB! You are one hell of a talented actor, I hope you are a happy man @ this job. Knock um dead, put one back, and break a leg!

http://www.playbill.com/news/article/93929.html Updated On: 7/8/05 at 10:25 AM

TheatreDiva90016 Profile Photo
TheatreDiva90016
#1re: And...Daniel Davis is working Again!
Posted: 7/8/05 at 10:30am

Yes, all the way in LA, as he won't be able to work in NY for a while.

"TheatreDiva90016 - another good reason to frequent these boards less."<<>> “I hesitate to give this line of discussion the validation it so desperately craves by perpetuating it, but the light from logic is getting further and further away with your every successive post.” <<>> -whatever2

SamIAm Profile Photo
SamIAm
#2re: And...Daniel Davis is working Again!
Posted: 7/8/05 at 10:47am

Last time I checked, LA qualified as reputable work for an actor.

As for whether he will work in NY anytime soon, it is unfortunate that NO ONE in the production or anywhere else ever made a statement to exonerate or accuse Davis of ANYTHING. This was based on gossip and Davis was gentleman enough to remain silent and not call names.

To say that he is difficult to work with and claim that he didn't get along with Beach, when Beach himself has said this was untrue, was really wrong. This community should stop spreading idle chorus boy gossip and get back to work. If he isn't perfect...well, then neither is any one of us.

Suffice it to say that there were also rumors of other reasons that he was let go and they had nothing to do with HIM being difficult. Davis is a talented actor and I wish him much luck.

"Life is a lesson in humility"

LaCageAuxFollesFan2
#3re: And...Daniel Davis is working Again!
Posted: 7/8/05 at 10:58am

Amen Sam!

grizzabella
#4re: And...Daniel Davis is working Again!
Posted: 7/8/05 at 11:05am

Good to hear Daniel Davis is working again. He's too talented an actor not to be! Bravo!

"And the postman sighed as he scratched his head, you really rather thought she ought to be dead..."

TheatreDiva90016
#5re: And...Daniel Davis is working Again!
Posted: 7/8/05 at 11:07am

I have first hand information about his "antics".

Nuff said.

"TheatreDiva90016 - another good reason to frequent these boards less."<<>> “I hesitate to give this line of discussion the validation it so desperately craves by perpetuating it, but the light from logic is getting further and further away with your every successive post.” <<>> -whatever2

gymman Profile Photo
gymman
#6re: And...Daniel Davis is working Again!
Posted: 7/8/05 at 11:13am

tell us!!

Rathnait62 Profile Photo
Rathnait62
#7re: And...Daniel Davis is working Again!
Posted: 7/8/05 at 11:21am

I'm sure everyone is under a gag order. Including Davis.

Have I ever shown you my Shattered Dreams box? It's in my Disappointment Closet. - Marge Simpson

SamIAm Profile Photo
SamIAm
#8re: And...Daniel Davis is working Again!
Posted: 7/8/05 at 11:27am

TheaterDiva: You may have first hand information about his 'antics' but there are also people who say they were backstage and that he was fine and they missed when he left.

AGAIN...all I'm saying is that there is no hard information about this and why it happened...so let's stop spreading rumors. Most people who are THAT difficult are well known for it in every production...not just in one project...

I've been in and around theater a long time and there are always troubled productions and misunderstandings. It's the rumors that get out of hand. Unless you have some personal axe to grind with Davis, I would say give the guy the benefit of the doubt.

"Life is a lesson in humility"

TheatreDiva90016
#9re: And...Daniel Davis is working Again!
Posted: 7/8/05 at 1:31pm

I can go back 25 years with proof. It wasn't just this production. I've been an eye witness and have seen it first hand.

I'm glad you enjoyed his performance though. But unless you have actually worked with him, as I have, then you are only an audience member who enjoyed the show.

So, as an actor, I guess he's done his job. But as a person, he leaves a lot to be desired.

gymman Profile Photo
gymman
#10re: And...Daniel Davis is working Again!
Posted: 7/8/05 at 1:35pm

He refused to do "The Nanny" reunion, for what it's worth. Drescher would have scheduled to accomodate him, but didn't want to to it, for some reason. God knows, he made some $$$ from that show,

TheatreDiva90016
#11re: And...Daniel Davis is working Again!
Posted: 7/8/05 at 1:40pm

Hmmmm.

There's another FACT.

melissa errico fan Profile Photo
melissa errico fan
#12re: And...Daniel Davis is working Again!
Posted: 7/8/05 at 1:43pm

He may be a dick backstage, but he's an excellent performer, and that's what counts (to me, at least).

TheatreDiva90016
#13re: And...Daniel Davis is working Again!
Posted: 7/8/05 at 1:45pm

It's just that theatre is a group of people putting on a show. When one of them is as nasty as can be, it ruins it for everyone. It's not about one person.

gymman Profile Photo
gymman
#14re: And...Daniel Davis is working Again!
Posted: 7/8/05 at 1:45pm

Don't misunderstand--I think he's a good performer, and I have enjoyed his work. Hell, I even started to catch "The Nanny " re-runs, since I had never seen the original. Odd, though, that his character is so obviously gay on that show, but they play him straight.
Updated On: 7/8/05 at 01:45 PM

bonna
#15re: And...Daniel Davis is working Again!
Posted: 7/8/05 at 1:46pm

The Nanny reunion was taped last June in California when The Frogs was opening in New York. That's why he wasn't there.

LaCageAuxFollesFan2
#16re: And...Daniel Davis is working Again!
Posted: 7/8/05 at 1:48pm

Pretty sure he couldnt do THE NANNY reunion because of THE FROGS perf or LA CAGE rehearsal.

gymman Profile Photo
gymman
#17re: And...Daniel Davis is working Again!
Posted: 7/8/05 at 1:48pm

According to Drescher, she would have done it when he could have attended...she thought of him as a big part of the show's success.

TheatreDiva90016
#18re: And...Daniel Davis is working Again!
Posted: 7/8/05 at 1:50pm

But you have no proof.

It's nice that you think the best about everyone. I just hope you are never backstage with him when his looses his temper.

bonna
#19re: And...Daniel Davis is working Again!
Posted: 7/8/05 at 1:54pm

Where and when did she say this, gymman? Do you have a link?

gymman Profile Photo
gymman
#20re: And...Daniel Davis is working Again!
Posted: 7/8/05 at 1:57pm

This was when she was doing promo for the special last summer; the topic came up in several interviews, since he was a major cast member. She also brought it up when Howard Stern questioned her about it on his show, and seemed not too pleased. I guess she felt she did him a big favor, and wanted some acknoledgement of that. Sometimes, folks just want to move on, I guess.b

Greekmusicalfan Profile Photo
Greekmusicalfan
#21re: And...Daniel Davis is working Again!
Posted: 7/8/05 at 2:01pm

Well, I don't know how he behaves backstage, but the fact is that LA CAGE nosedived after his departure ! Maybe if they hadn't fired him the show would still be running. I don't know, I am just guessing.

gymman Profile Photo
gymman
#22re: And...Daniel Davis is working Again!
Posted: 7/8/05 at 2:03pm

I wonder--do you think he is a draw?

TheatreDiva90016
#23re: And...Daniel Davis is working Again!
Posted: 7/8/05 at 2:06pm

Not unless you were a fan of the Nanny

grizzabella
#24re: And...Daniel Davis is working Again!
Posted: 7/8/05 at 2:42pm

gymman, back in May, Mamie (on this board) posted the attendance percentages and grosses for La Cage from previews through what was present at that time. Whether it was Nanny fans in the audience or not,(I saw it and wasn't particularly a Nanny fan) the numbers tanked by about 15 percent when Davis left, from which they never recovered. He was obviously a bigger draw than Goulet was.

"And the postman sighed as he scratched his head, you really rather thought she ought to be dead..."

Videos