"Nunsense"--love or hate?

roquat
#0"Nunsense"--love or hate?
Posted: 7/31/05 at 9:57pm

I know this show is done much too much (it is considered "safe"), but I still love it. How many of you are with me and how many can't stand it? Who could care less?

I ask in all honesty/What would life be?/Without a song and a dance, what are we?/So I say "Thank you for the music/For giving it to me."

little_sally Profile Photo
little_sally
#1re: 'Nunsense'--love or hate?
Posted: 7/31/05 at 9:59pm

I hate it. I was in a production of it two years ago and absolutely hated it.

A little swash, a bit of buckle - you'll love it more than bread.

harris007 Profile Photo
harris007
#2re: 'Nunsense'--love or hate?
Posted: 7/31/05 at 10:32pm

love it seen it maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaany time and it still makes me laugh

Attend the tale of Bovine Boy His party threads we all enjoy But does he have Mad Cow Disease? He doesn't eat beef - but cows skating? - oh please!!! With cocoa!?! And lemonade!?! The heifer-mad poster of Broadway (World)

ilovespamalot
#3re: 'Nunsense'--love or hate?
Posted: 7/31/05 at 10:54pm

Love it! But, i like Late Night Catechism better.

alterego Profile Photo
alterego
#4re: 'Nunsense'--love or hate?
Posted: 7/31/05 at 10:55pm

I liked the first one, the second seemed like a variation on the first and the Christmas show seemed like the same story in a Christmas setting. Haven't seen Jamboree or the Jewish/shipboard one. I guess if it ain't broke why fix it.

From what I've seen on the Nunsense website the new one Nunsensations looks good. Anyone seen it?

Broadway_Bound_Star Profile Photo
Broadway_Bound_Star
#5re: 'Nunsense'--love or hate?
Posted: 7/31/05 at 11:00pm

LOVE IT!!!! Its one of my #1 shows!

MisterRussell Profile Photo
MisterRussell
#6re: 'Nunsense'--love or hate?
Posted: 7/31/05 at 11:52pm

HATE!!!

NY212
#7re: 'Nunsense'--love or hate?
Posted: 8/1/05 at 12:01am

Love it!
I think Nunsense A-Men! is even better. Having men play it just sends some jokes over the top.

BobbyBubby Profile Photo
BobbyBubby
#8re: 'Nunsense'--love or hate?
Posted: 8/1/05 at 12:02am

Well as they say: Nunsense is habit forming!

I like the first one. Cute. If you like cute.

Parts 2, 3 4, 5, 6, 61/2, 7, 8, 9, and 10 do nothing for me.

CostumeGirl2 Profile Photo
CostumeGirl2
#9re: 'Nunsense'--love or hate?
Posted: 8/1/05 at 12:28am

OMG!!!! Absolutely love this show. I have been involved with 3 different productions. The music is the best. I could listen to it over and over. ahhhh.....memories!

lfae Profile Photo
lfae
#10re: 'Nunsense'--love or hate?
Posted: 8/1/05 at 2:51am

first show I did, so some sentimental love, but I doubt I'd ever actually go and see it, lol.

Joshua488
#11re: 'Nunsense'--love or hate?
Posted: 8/1/05 at 3:40am

I have only seen Nunsense 2: The Second Coming. I was the stage manager for a regional production of it. It was a long run, so I ended up picking up every character's lines and songs. It came in handy, though; the actress who played Sister Robert Anne was MIA, so I was prepared to go on... I was in costume and warming up and the other stage manager was preparing to make the announcement and everything, when the actress suddenly rushes in. I was sad that I never actually got to go on as Sister Robert Anne.

phantom_tenor Profile Photo
phantom_tenor
#12re: 'Nunsense'--love or hate?
Posted: 8/1/05 at 7:29am

I loathe this show with a passion. Especially the sequel

#13re: 'Nunsense'--love or hate?
Posted: 8/1/05 at 8:20am

It's a fun show... I don't know that I would ever act in it again... but it's fun! :)

Videos