YAY for Joss.

theatrefanatic17
#0YAY for Joss.
Posted: 8/14/05 at 2:44pm

Hey, who thinks that Joss Stone should be on Broadway?? I most certainly do. Any thoughts?

BobbyBubby Profile Photo
BobbyBubby
#1re: YAY for Joss.
Posted: 8/14/05 at 2:45pm

I thinks she's very very very overrated.

Georgeanne Profile Photo
Georgeanne
#2re: YAY for Joss.
Posted: 8/14/05 at 2:47pm

I agree with BobbyBubby.

Me, I like to live.
Me, I like to laugh.
Me, I like to love.

theatrefanatic17
#3re: YAY for Joss.
Posted: 8/14/05 at 2:48pm

Oh really? lol ok. How so?

Patronus Profile Photo
Patronus
#4re: YAY for Joss.
Posted: 8/14/05 at 2:50pm

I like Joss Stone, but why "should" she be on Broadway?

I don't really think her voice has too much broadway quality to it and she isn't really "big" enough to carry a show based on name value yet.

She is a nice listen in the morning while I am getting ready for work, but I also love listening to the B-52s and U2 in the mornings and I don't particularly want to seem them in a Broadway show either.
Updated On: 8/14/05 at 02:50 PM

Georgeanne Profile Photo
Georgeanne
#5re: YAY for Joss.
Posted: 8/14/05 at 2:50pm

Just because someone is a a singer does not necessarily mean that they are an actor as well.

People seem to forget this.

Me, I like to live.
Me, I like to laugh.
Me, I like to love.

Justice Profile Photo
Justice
#6re: YAY for Joss.
Posted: 8/14/05 at 2:52pm

Did oss stone audition for the Dreamgirls movie?? She's make a great Lorell.

"Do you know what pledge time is, Andrew"? said the PBS Executive. "Yes", Lloyd Webber replied. "My 50th birthday special must be one program that gets done a lot." "No", mused the man from PBS heedlessy. "Not so much. Our Stephen Sondheim Carnegie Hall concert. That's a big one." Spoons, forks and knives seemed suddenly to suspend their motion in horror, all around the table.

BobbyBubby Profile Photo
BobbyBubby
#7re: YAY for Joss.
Posted: 8/14/05 at 2:53pm

Joss Stone just reads like a product of the record industry. Just enough artistry to become the new buzz word (ie Nora Jones). She just doesn't leap at you the way truly great artists should. Remember the Grammys? She did that Joplin song, and it was so boring. When Etheriidge came out she cleaned the floor with Stone. She just doesn't have that big spark that I require my favorite performers to have. SHe just seems, at least to me, to be a product of the record label.

Justice Profile Photo
Justice
#8re: YAY for Joss.
Posted: 8/14/05 at 2:58pm

I hate to say it, but she was a find. An incredible voice at the age of 16 who worked with the legendary Betty Wright on her first album.

"Do you know what pledge time is, Andrew"? said the PBS Executive. "Yes", Lloyd Webber replied. "My 50th birthday special must be one program that gets done a lot." "No", mused the man from PBS heedlessy. "Not so much. Our Stephen Sondheim Carnegie Hall concert. That's a big one." Spoons, forks and knives seemed suddenly to suspend their motion in horror, all around the table.

Aigoo Profile Photo
Aigoo
#9re: YAY for Joss.
Posted: 8/14/05 at 3:01pm

She has such a classy voice, but I find her to be my "iRiver" filler, rather than my "showtunes" filler.

This is my signature.

silent
#10re: YAY for Joss.
Posted: 8/14/05 at 3:03pm

I agree with Bobby. They keep hailing this girl as the "new" Aretha and she is far from it. Her attitude sucks too.

zoran912 Profile Photo
zoran912
#11re: YAY for Joss.
Posted: 8/14/05 at 3:06pm

I like her. True, she's no Aretha, but I like her. She's more like the lovechild of Aretha and Dusty Springfield.

BobbyBubby Profile Photo
BobbyBubby
#12re: YAY for Joss.
Posted: 8/14/05 at 3:07pm

I guess I heard her too far after all the hype. Hype tends to ruin some of these new performers for me.

zoran912 Profile Photo
zoran912
#13re: YAY for Joss.
Posted: 8/14/05 at 3:18pm

I liked her before everyone else knew about her.

HOWEVER, I don't think she has any place on Broadway.

theatrefanatic17
#14re: YAY for Joss.
Posted: 8/14/05 at 4:15pm

OK, thanks. I apologize if I caused any problems with this post.

zoran912 Profile Photo
zoran912
#15re: YAY for Joss.
Posted: 8/14/05 at 4:18pm

No apology needed. You sparked conversation. Thanks for expressing your opinions.

Katecab99 Profile Photo
Katecab99
#16re: YAY for Joss.
Posted: 8/14/05 at 4:26pm

i like her, but not as a broadway talent.

Patronus Profile Photo
Patronus
#17re: YAY for Joss.
Posted: 8/14/05 at 4:27pm

No need to apologize for your opinions at all! That's the joy of these boards.

Rathnait62 Profile Photo
Rathnait62
#18re: YAY for Joss.
Posted: 8/14/05 at 6:29pm

She's absolutely electric and mind-blowing as a live performer. What she did with Etheridge didn't show her off at all, not her fault - just not a good song for her.

Why do you say her attitude sucks? When I've seen her live, or interviewed, what I get from her is that she is thrilled to have the opportunities she's had and is quite humble.

And like others have said - Broadway? How do we know she can act?

Have I ever shown you my Shattered Dreams box? It's in my Disappointment Closet. - Marge Simpson

Georgeanne Profile Photo
Georgeanne
#19re: YAY for Joss.
Posted: 8/14/05 at 6:31pm

I like her voice, but I just don't think she's cut out for Broadway.

Like I said, just because someone is a great singer doesn't necessarily mean that they're a great actor, as well.

Me, I like to live.
Me, I like to laugh.
Me, I like to love.

Videos