News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for theatrefanatic17

Member Name: theatrefanatic17
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: How hard would CATS be?
 Sep 14 2005, 04:02:13 PM
I`ve been in cats before and let me tell you- it`s NOT simple at all. All the make up, the costumes, the set,the lighting, and most imporantly, the voices. Secondly, try perfoming this in June when it`s 90 degress out with fur, makeup, tights... yuck. Yes,sadly, we were not in an air conditioned facility, which makes things hard. Plus, you gotta have a choregographer who really knows what he/she is doing. Lots and lots of dancing. So, to answer your question, don`t take on this show all by yours
Broadway Festival question...
 Sep 3 2005, 01:57:44 PM
I knew who all of those performers were, but I am clueless as to Elphaba was in the Wicked clip. Is that Kristy? I seriously have no idea. I don`t recognize the face either.
re: Into The Woods
 Sep 3 2005, 01:22:19 PM
Oh yes, do tell. When is it??? I saw "Behold the Lamb" down there back in 2000/2001, I think. This was just a COMMUNITY THEATRE and it was absolutly astonishing. I kid you not! Live animals, amazing voices,lighting, set..... I can`t even explain it.
Just a question
 Sep 3 2005, 01:18:01 PM
Being that broadway shows run for a large piece of the week, what do you all think about the casts performances? I mean, do you think they do a better job early on in the week while their voices are all fresh from the break or later in the week after they`ve done it a few times???
re: Ana replacing Shoshana in January?
 Aug 16 2005, 06:50:28 PM
yea. Block annoys me as well. Shoshana will always be my favorite.
proper/improper singing?
 Aug 15 2005, 04:09:18 PM
Ok, just a question. Is there a way to tell if a person who is singing has had major vocal lessons? Also,do people who have never had lessons and sing frequently danger their voices? And lastly, is their a way to be able to coach yourself, as in acquiring your abilities? Thanks so much.
re: WICKED - 8/13 matinee
 Aug 14 2005, 04:19:04 PM
You had me thinking. If people don`t really applaude for Shoshana when she first enters, but they do when she levitates during "Defying Gravity", what is the difference? I can see because she is singing, but is it because of the whole situation, people realize the girl can kick it with her vocals by this point, or does it just look cool? That had my mind boggled for a bit. Also, just another thing. If I remember correctly, back in Oct. of `04 when she would u/s for Idina, the applause wasn`t re
re: YAY for Joss.
 Aug 14 2005, 04:15:36 PM
OK, thanks. I apologize if I caused any problems with this post.
re: YAY for Joss.
 Aug 14 2005, 02:48:45 PM
Oh really? lol ok. How so?
YAY for Joss.
 Aug 14 2005, 02:44:10 PM
Hey, who thinks that Joss Stone should be on Broadway?? I most certainly do. Any thoughts?
re: Idina's gasping
 Aug 5 2005, 07:02:06 AM
Yes, this is all true. I have downloads from the SF preview and her "Defying Gravity".... at that time was absolutly amazing. I also have some of "No Good Deed" and D.g from around july-nov of `04 and I just can`t stand the annoying gasping. So,yes Idina really killed her voice for a while there. However, before I saw this show back in April of this year, I knew nothing about it at all. I knew none of the music or anything, so naturaly I saw Shoshana Bean. I`m sitting there, watching this show a
Wicked on April 7th, 2005.
 Aug 4 2005, 07:40:15 PM
Did anyone attend "Wicked" on Thursday, April 7th, 2005 for a 2nd time or more? If so, what did you think of the performance that night? was it a good night for Sho, Megan (jlt was out that night) and the company? thanks.

Ps~Sorry that this is Wicked related,but I`m curious.

please help...
 Jul 31 2005, 12:28:27 AM
Hey everyone,
I know this is way off topic, but I need people to see this.

I will be in an American Idol like competition this nov. and I have to sing two songs from the 60s,70s,or 80s. I can`t come up with anything. Can you please give me some ideas? It would be greatlyyyyyyyy appreciated. I am a tenor. Thanks so much.
~Cameron.

Is it over yet?
 Jul 25 2005, 09:27:08 PM
Hey guys,
I know this has NOTHING to do with broadway at all, but have any of you heard Whynonna Judd`s song "is it over yet?"? I find it to be a beautiful song with a lot of meaning to it. It`s such a sad song though. Tell me what you think.

re: Defying Gravity
 Jul 25 2005, 10:04:07 AM
yes, that is definatly not supposed to happen. It sucks that you didn`t get to see her fly. However, I`m glad that she won`t "defy gravity" if she is not safely locked in. We don`t need any more rib injuries.
re: Saycon Reviews?
 Jul 24 2005, 05:20:48 PM
yea, defyingEDCT. Shoshana seldom misses a show and I gotta tell you, you really DO want to see her. I hope you get the oportunity like I had. Yea, her voice is more mature than Idina`s, but boy..... she will blow your mind. She doesn`t ever go off key and the best thing is- she SINGS and doesn`t scream,which is good and it`s also nice to understand the words and lastly..... she doesn`t gasp for air, ever!! Best of luck to you. - Cameron

ps: this isn`t too important, but she sounds so

re: song..
 Jul 24 2005, 03:39:37 PM
oh really? I find it to be quite a sad song. Sad as in you wanna cry sad.
re: Vocal Nodes
 Jul 24 2005, 02:00:12 PM
Yea... I don`t have or have nodes before, but when they go away, are you able to sing just as well as before?
song..
 Jul 24 2005, 01:56:30 PM
hey all,
what do you think of Shoshana Bean`s song "Home"? I find it to be a beautiful song with major meaning to it.

re: Sho was possibly sick?
 Jul 23 2005, 11:39:28 PM
YESSS. I love Shoshana Bean. Have you heard her song "Home"? I love it.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You