News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Movin' Out

WickedGeek28 Profile Photo
WickedGeek28
#0Movin' Out
Posted: 8/29/05 at 9:37am

I'll be seeing Movin' Out tomorrow evening. I read that there are some people that don't do all performances. Would you guys be able to tell me who is in tomorrow evening?

Also, I'll probably buy the cast recording tomorrow as well, so if you could please review that and the show here.

Finally, do they have a program available?

"You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view - until you climb into his skin and walk around in it."
To Kill A Mockingbird

kikki327 Profile Photo
kikki327
#1re: Movin' Out
Posted: 8/29/05 at 12:31pm

On a Tuesday you'll probably see most of the leads, i know before the schedule changed Tuesday was Elizabeth Parkinson's day off and Michael Cavanaugh alternated between the Tuesday and Sunday perfs. Programs are avaliable for $10 at the theater. The CD is wonderful! Michael Cavanaugh is amazing. I reccomend also getting his solo cd. The show is incredible, you'll definately enjoy it.

YankeesFan175
#2re: Movin' Out
Posted: 8/29/05 at 1:41pm

the show is amazing. totally original, and its just really fun. the one thing about the CD you should know is that not all of the songs are on there (it was recorded live pre-broadway, so its missing the opening song "its still rock and roll to me" and some of the chorus words of "we didnt start the fire" and the little bit of "NY state of mind". thats the only issue i had with the CD, so dont let that stop you from getting it!!! the shows amazing, very touching and believable. ill stop rambling, all i can say is enjoy the show, and enjoy the CD b/c its worth the money!!

*turns on movin out CD*

Bob: "there is a chance, albeit a microscopic one, that our baby at some point in his or her formative years will get lodged in a tree" ~Related~
Updated On: 8/29/05 at 01:41 PM

WickedGeek28
#3re: Movin' Out
Posted: 8/29/05 at 2:22pm

Thanks for your help, I'm so excited!

"You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view - until you climb into his skin and walk around in it."
To Kill A Mockingbird

LilMissBway14
#4re: Movin' Out
Posted: 8/29/05 at 4:26pm

If you like Billy Joel and amazing dance then there's no way you can't enjoy this show! I really do think Twyla Tharp is a genius and she did an amazing job with this show. Plus I am a hardcore Billy Joel fan. Have a great time!

YankeesFan175
#5re: Movin' Out
Posted: 8/29/05 at 4:57pm

amen lilmissbway! twyla tharp is a genius at telling the story. and the dancers are amazing actors with their facial expressions. heck, i was in tears at the end of act 1 when absolutely no dancing was going on, just instrumental music (wont spoil it for ya wickedgeek!). a genius show that in my opinion DOES NOT deserve to be closing to make way for tarzan!

Bob: "there is a chance, albeit a microscopic one, that our baby at some point in his or her formative years will get lodged in a tree" ~Related~

mebice Profile Photo
mebice
#6re: Movin' Out
Posted: 8/29/05 at 5:09pm

I agree yankees...I guess what disney wants, disney gets. i realize how much power they have to be shutting down a show playing at 75-80%. I really loved this show. I saw it three times on tour, and once on broadway. if i didn't have school, i would travel from ohio to nyc any second to see it again before it closes. but i am def seeing it when it comes to akron this season. it is a spectacular production with a wonderful cd that always plays anywhere i am, and not many cds i can do that with. i have the program right next to me and it too is very cool. i hope you enjoy yourself...there is no way you wont!!!!

"Hold up your head. Never be afraid to shine. Viva la difference in my body and my mind. All out with loneliness Such a waste of time. Come in from the outside" ~ Taboo

YankeesFan175
#7re: Movin' Out
Posted: 8/29/05 at 5:13pm

gah, disney is a monopoly! it must be to overpower billy joel!! mebice, my program is right near me, too and river of dreams/keeping the faith/only the good die young is currently playing on my stereo right now! i saw it when it came here and im trying to get my dad to take me again when it comes to nearby canada! ill shut up, its just always nice to talk to a fellow movin out fan! and just so i stay on topic, ill say again, wickedgeek, this will def be one of the best shows youll see. all around amazing. alright now im done rambling. sorry all, i just get excited about shows i <3!!

kikki327 Profile Photo
kikki327
#8re: Movin' Out
Posted: 8/29/05 at 8:26pm

yay for Movin' Out lovers!! there dont seem to be many other hardcore fans like me...its good to see that not everyone believes its "not a real musical" ugh..dont get me started on that!

YankeesFan175
#9re: Movin' Out
Posted: 8/29/05 at 8:40pm

well youve just found another hardcore fan! and it IS a real musical, just different. a musical is just a show told in song...hence movin out!

Changed_for_the_better Profile Photo
Changed_for_the_better
#10re: Movin' Out
Posted: 8/29/05 at 8:48pm

Count me in! I've seen Movin' Out 3 times and loved it! Michael Cavanaugh is THE man!

I tried to get tickets the last performance, but they had already been snatched up by the Ticket Scalpers. Did anyone get lucky?

YankeesFan175
#11re: Movin' Out
Posted: 8/29/05 at 8:50pm

hehe, soon movin out will need its own fan club name....we only need about 200 more fans! anyone else out there??

WickedGeek28
#12re: Movin' Out
Posted: 8/29/05 at 11:01pm

Thanks for all of your help. I'm really looking forward to seeing it. I'll post a review on this thread tomorrow night or on Wednesday.

To Kill A Mockingbird

jeremykushnier1fan Profile Photo
jeremykushnier1fan
#13re: Movin' Out
Posted: 8/29/05 at 11:13pm

Enjoy the show! Movin' out fan forever, plus i LOVE Billy and dance is my life.

WickedGeek28
#14re: Movin' Out
Posted: 8/29/05 at 11:31pm

Is there a story I should know before going? Or is it a simple plot?

To Kill A Mockingbird

YankeesFan175
#15re: Movin' Out
Posted: 8/29/05 at 11:33pm

theres the story in the playbill, but here it is anyway..

ACT I
Long Island in the ‘60s. The king and queen of prom, Brenda and Eddie, are finished, while forever sweethearts James and Judy are ready for marriage. Their friend, Tony, is looking for that kind of love, and finds it with Brenda, who has become her own woman. War takes the men away from home, leaving their loved ones to pick up the pieces. James loses his life in combat, while Tony and Eddie return home broken as Judy grieves.

ACT II
The vets try to cobble their lives back together. Tony can’t seem to find a way to reconnect with Brenda, while Eddie can’t connect with anyone. Spiraling into a lonely existence of drugs and self-loathing, Eddie takes a tour through a nightmare of his past, projecting Judy as his guide. By chance, he encounters Judy jogging in the park, and her forgiveness allows him to finally set his life back on track. Brenda and Tony rediscover the love needed to heal their wounds. The friends reunite to discover they have all found their way back home.

PS- everybody join THE MOVERS!!
https://forum.broadwayworld.com/readmessage.cfm?thread=865516&dt=082905112811

WickedGeek28
#16re: Movin' Out
Posted: 8/30/05 at 1:01pm

It sounds so good, only 7 hours!

To Kill A Mockingbird

Broadwayballerina Profile Photo
Broadwayballerina
#17re: Movin' Out
Posted: 8/30/05 at 4:24pm

Huge Movin out fan! Right here!!!

"I look before I leap I love margins and discipline I make lists in my sleep Baby what's my sin?"- Joanne, Rent

YankeesFan175
#18re: Movin' Out
Posted: 8/30/05 at 5:52pm

broadwayballerina, post the movin out love here....and join THE MOVERS!
https://forum.broadwayworld.com/readmessage.cfm?thread=865516&dt=083005042438

Updated On: 8/30/05 at 05:52 PM

WickedGeek28
#19re: Movin' Out
Posted: 8/31/05 at 12:26am

Hey guys, as promised here is my review of Movin' Out, the evening performance on August 30, 2005.

The show was amazing. I wasn't expecting the energy level to be so high. The lighting was really great, so perfect. The cast was perfect. I saw Karmine as Brenda and Mabel as Judy. Both were great. The intensity of the show was crazy. They were sweating so badly, they worked so hard. The music was great, and I'm listening to the cast recording right now.

I stage doored the show, and there was like no one there, it was me and two other people. The 5 principles came out really quick and we were done with that in like 5 minutes. Great show, I really like the program. It's definabtely worth seeing. The audience loved it when I saw it. The orch was pretty full. Good night folks!

To Kill A Mockingbird

YankeesFan175
#20re: Movin' Out
Posted: 8/31/05 at 12:29am

wickedgeek, thats awesome, i knew youd enjoy the show!! are you going to become a MOVER now? lol. PM me if you want to! hehe.

WickedGeek28
#21re: Movin' Out
Posted: 8/31/05 at 10:43am

Yes, you can definately consider me a MOVER!

To Kill A Mockingbird

citylights
#22re: Movin' Out
Posted: 8/31/05 at 12:28pm

I'm a huge fan of the show...I saw it on tour in Boston and then later on B'way, and I'm so sad it's closing! It was the first all-dance professional show I'd seen and it made me want to go out and see more :)

WickedGeek28
#23re: Movin' Out
Posted: 9/3/05 at 5:31pm

I'm giving this a much needed BUMP because the show is amazing and I'm obsessed!

Also, C if for Company is seeing it tonight so I bumped it so he could post his review here.

Go see Movin' Out!

We said we'd all go down together.

To Kill A Mockingbird

mint0621 Profile Photo
mint0621
#24re: Movin' Out
Posted: 9/3/05 at 6:01pm

what time is the show over? I'd like to drop by if I'm nearby to meet the leads if I can't see the show again before it closes...

Videos