News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Movin' Out

YankeesFan175
#25re: Movin' Out
Posted: 9/3/05 at 7:00pm

i really have nothing to say, just posting my love for movin out! so this post wasnt worthless, heres a little review of when i saw the show on tour:

the opening notes burst out, scaring me half to death. from that moment on, i was entranced. the dancing was beautiful and moving. darren holden was an amazing singer (the few songs i knew i couldve sworn it was a billy joel concert). some songs were fun, some were very moving. the dancers did an amazing job conveying their emotions. i felt everything they felt even though they did not say one word. (i felt judys emotions during the act 1 finale. she was so amazing/heartbreaking to watch.) all in all, this show was just amazing, and i would go again in a heartbeat. I LOVE MOVIN OUT! TARZAN SHOULD NOT BE KICKING IT OUT! (mini rant over)

Bob: "there is a chance, albeit a microscopic one, that our baby at some point in his or her formative years will get lodged in a tree" ~Related~

xM3L24x Profile Photo
xM3L24x
#26re: Movin' Out
Posted: 9/3/05 at 8:23pm

i saw movin' out last night and I thought it was really good although it's not my type of show. Afterwards my parents told me that theyre goign to Billy Joels cousin's wedding which I thought was pretty cool although I doubt he'll be there. I really wanna see Tarzan the musical. I saw a Tarzan show at Disney World this summer and I really liked it, so I imagine it would be even better on broadway.

WickedGeek28 Profile Photo
WickedGeek28
#27re: Movin' Out
Posted: 9/3/05 at 8:47pm

The show is two hours long. It is over at a little before 10/ The leads come out very quickly. I got to the stage door at 9:58 and left at 10:06 with all the leads signatures.

"You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view - until you climb into his skin and walk around in it."
To Kill A Mockingbird

mint0621 Profile Photo
mint0621
#28re: Movin' Out
Posted: 9/3/05 at 8:52pm

thanks!

WickedGeek28
#29re: Movin' Out
Posted: 9/3/05 at 9:54pm

np

"You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view - until you climb into his skin and walk around in it."
To Kill A Mockingbird

jarred03
#30re: Movin' Out
Posted: 9/4/05 at 2:04am

I'm a little confused! Do the actors sing the songs or are they just played in the background? Is there any talking in the show or not? I'm bringing my girlfriend to see it on broadway in October for her birthday(it's a surprise), and I was just curious about things.

YankeesFan175
#31re: Movin' Out
Posted: 9/4/05 at 2:28am

theres a band that performs all the songs on an upper stage. the dancers act out the story through dance onstage. so all the songs are sung by a singer/band and the action is dnaced. there is NO dialoue. i will once again say its incredibly moving and beautiful, and just a good time.

Bob: "there is a chance, albeit a microscopic one, that our baby at some point in his or her formative years will get lodged in a tree" ~Related~

#32re: Movin' Out
Posted: 9/4/05 at 2:37am

I wanted to see it in Dallas, but didn't get to.

jarred03
#33re: Movin' Out
Posted: 9/4/05 at 4:39am

Thank you YankeesFan175, I was confused by previous comments, so thanks for clearing that up for me. I normally don't like shows with no dialogue but I loved CONTACT, so I'm sure I'll like this because I already like the music and I love dancing. I can't wait to see it.

bostonbroadwayfan
#34re: Movin' Out
Posted: 9/4/05 at 7:49am

Nice to see so many positive posts lately about this show.
I always thought this show got disrespected on this board.

bostonbroadwayfan
#35re: Movin' Out
Posted: 9/4/05 at 7:55am

I got emotional at the end of Act 1 when they present the american flag to the widow, some around me were crying.

WickedGeek28
#36re: Movin' Out
Posted: 9/4/05 at 10:49am

Act 1 ending is so touching! It really is quite moving and depressing. I saw Mabel Modorino(spl) as Judy and she was amzing, I can't imagine anyone being better than her.

To Kill A Mockingbird

bostonbroadwayfan
#37re: Movin' Out
Posted: 9/4/05 at 1:49pm

Julietta Gross played Judy on the tour both times I went, she was amazing.

YankeesFan175
#38re: Movin' Out
Posted: 9/4/05 at 3:27pm

bostonbroadwayfan, i saw julieta gros on tour, too. i thought she was amazing! i can still remember just the look on her face and the look in her eyes. i will never forget it!

jarred03, no problem! if youve got any other questions about the show, you can post or PM me, ill do my best to answer! the show itself can get a little confusing b/c theres no dialogue. so if youve got any questions, ask away!

kikki327 Profile Photo
kikki327
#39re: Movin' Out
Posted: 9/4/05 at 3:35pm

I saw Ashley Tuttle as Judy 3 times and she was amazing. Esp. her dancing en pointe...that was incredible. I was like embarassed to go back to class and put on my pointe shoes after seeing her dance...lol

WickedGeek28
#40re: Movin' Out
Posted: 9/4/05 at 5:01pm

I Know the dancing is so intense fo rJudy during the ballet number.

Mabel was great and I love saying her name.

To Kill A Mockingbird

#41re: Movin' Out
Posted: 9/4/05 at 10:00pm

I've only seen Movin' Out on tour, but I totally fell in love with the production. It's so sad to see it close on Broadway. I agree...the CD is amazing. It's one of the CDs that is constantly on the playlist in my car. :)

~Rosalynn

WickedGeek28
#42re: Movin' Out
Posted: 9/4/05 at 10:46pm

It's so obvious that it closed for stupid Discney. It could ahve lasted much longer, I feel sorry for the cast members, they're so perfect in their roles. I wish Disney would just stop adding more shows.

To Kill A Mockingbird

YankeesFan175
#43re: Movin' Out
Posted: 9/4/05 at 10:57pm

ditto wickedgeek!

Marway44 Profile Photo
Marway44
#44re: Movin' Out
Posted: 9/4/05 at 11:07pm

Does anybody know what row the orchestra starts at? I heard row CC is first, but Ticketmaster told me row A is?
Thanks!
Updated On: 9/4/05 at 11:07 PM

kikki327 Profile Photo
kikki327
#45re: Movin' Out
Posted: 9/5/05 at 2:25pm

row A is the second row, row CC is the first and usually those are the student rush tickets you buy at the theater.

robin99
#46re: Movin' Out
Posted: 10/7/05 at 4:57pm

Can anyone fill me in on the view from Row A? I'm concerned as the stage is pretty high. And is rush really confined to students? How does that work? Last time I saw the show the people in CC certainly were unusual for students - older middle-age.

I love the show and plan to see it again before it closes. The music is great, Michael Cavanaugh is wonderful, and the dancing is amazing. I think what impresses me most is how expressive the dancers are - whether they are expressing joy or sorrow or anger, it's all right there.

jeremykushnier1fan Profile Photo
jeremykushnier1fan
#47re: Movin' Out
Posted: 10/7/05 at 5:52pm

I know after i see this musical i'll be so jealous of ever dancer on that stage.

lildogs Profile Photo
lildogs
#48re: Movin' Out
Posted: 10/7/05 at 5:58pm

I saw Ashley Tuttle a few days ago and yes, she is wonderful...easily the best female I saw--Elizabeth was out to be fair...

WickedGeek28
#49re: Movin' Out
Posted: 10/7/05 at 7:56pm

Ooooh, it seems like no one sees Elizabeth, everyone I know that went didn't see her lol.

To Kill A Mockingbird

Videos