pixeltracker

Sara Ramirez to exit SPAMALOT in December- Page 3

Sara Ramirez to exit SPAMALOT in December

OrdinaryJukebox1 Profile Photo
OrdinaryJukebox1
#50re: Sara Ramirez to exit SPAMALOT in December
Posted: 10/11/05 at 7:43pm

SOOOOOOOO...hehe...who do we think will replace Sara? Any rumors, comments, hopes, ideas? Enough of this "Sara's better than Kelli, NO Kelli's better than Sara/ She should have won the Tony/I'm glad she lost..." blah, blah, blah. No one here is on the Tony committe (at least I don't think so) and I'm gonna put my faith in them...I may not always agree with them, but I'm willing to accept who they choose...I'm glad for Sara (I was glad for Idina too)...NOW....what about Eden Espinosa for Lady of the Lake? re: Sara Ramirez to exit SPAMALOT in December

-Vincent

wendy72 Profile Photo
wendy72
#51re: Sara Ramirez to exit SPAMALOT in December
Posted: 10/11/05 at 8:01pm

Ok kelzama--can you give any hints, initials?

TheQuibbler Profile Photo
TheQuibbler
#52re: Sara Ramirez to exit SPAMALOT in December
Posted: 10/11/05 at 8:48pm

No, Eden needs to take over for Shoshana Bean as Elphaba. And while we're talking about Wicked, is it totally insane to think that Sara would make quite an interesting Elphaba? Eden and Sara rock my socks.

little_sally Profile Photo
little_sally
#53re: Sara Ramirez to exit SPAMALOT in December
Posted: 10/11/05 at 8:55pm

Sara would make a great Elphaba. I doubt she'd do it though.

A little swash, a bit of buckle - you'll love it more than bread.

Fosse76
#54re: Sara Ramirez to exit SPAMALOT in December
Posted: 10/11/05 at 9:36pm

"Sara most definitely deserved the Tony. She was the only redeeming quality of Spamalot."

That doesn't make it a Tony-worthy performance, Sara only "left her mark" because she is the only major female lead in a role opposite two very famous men (TC and DHP), one famous but not as famous as the other 2 (HA) and Chris Sieber. She doesn't act, all she does is sing, what, four songs? I think she is talented, but the part isn't demanding in any way. Just because she sings the role the way she does isn't an indication of how the song was written. The only other contende I saw for that category was Celia Keenan-Bolger, whom I think deserved the Tony more than Sara.

safety_in_falsehood
#55re: Sara Ramirez to exit SPAMALOT in December
Posted: 10/11/05 at 10:43pm

Personally I think Spamalot and Sara are overrated. Apparently all you need to do to win a Tony for best musical is write a musical that rips off all other musicals. To win for supporting actress you just have to butcher several different musical styles (but keep it funny.)

OrdinaryJukebox1
#56re: Sara Ramirez to exit SPAMALOT in December
Posted: 10/11/05 at 10:48pm

Don't get me wrong, but all Anika Noni Rose did in "Caroline, or Change" was sing a few songs...she had very little dialogue as well. Don't get me wrong, I'm not comparing the styles, it's apples and...well, CARS. I'm just saying, there's a lot being said that "all" Sara does is sing songs...you have to ACT in order to sing...come on people...

-Vincent

C is for Company
#57re: Sara Ramirez to exit SPAMALOT in December
Posted: 10/11/05 at 10:52pm

anika had more than a few songs and an integral aspect to the storytelling and IMO so much more deserving of her tony, especially in comparison with those nominated with her. In recent years I find her to be one of the most deserving of that award in the sheer emotion she gave and was just so much more than anything I find to be offered in spamalot. I am not saying "Ohh sara didnt deserve her award" cause this year supporting actress was a pretty tight race, but a completely different ballpark trying to compare the importance of each of their roles

OrdinaryJukebox1
#58re: Sara Ramirez to exit SPAMALOT in December
Posted: 10/11/05 at 10:55pm

Again, I wasn't comparing their roles, by any stretch. I was just trying to make my point that even if an actor doesn't have much spoken dialogue, that their songs are very important. When I saw "Caroline, or Change" Anika wasn't in, so sadly, I missed her award winning performance...

-Vincent

C is for Company
#59re: Sara Ramirez to exit SPAMALOT in December
Posted: 10/11/05 at 10:59pm

re: Sara Ramirez to exit SPAMALOT in December It is true that the few songs Sara has certainly make the show have some redeeming quality and I am not disappointed she won, but really don't have an opinion on who should have won so I really cant bitch about anything.

Zenachick
#60re: Sara Ramirez to exit SPAMALOT in December
Posted: 10/11/05 at 11:29pm

Can anyone descibe what the cow song was like? Like how it fit into the show and how Sara sang it? I wish I could have seen Sara sing that. And the Witch song. I really wonder what those scenes were like before they were cut.

Roninjoey Profile Photo
Roninjoey
#61re: Sara Ramirez to exit SPAMALOT in December
Posted: 10/11/05 at 11:36pm

Oh Broadway actresses trying to make the transition to television sitcoms. Good luck!

And PS on topic of the argument... I think one camp has a point in saying that yes, Sara Ramirez is great in the role, but the other camp has a point in saying that it's not a particularly demanding role. Sara Ramirez basically had the part built up around her and really it's a lot of sensationalism that is being rewarded. Personally I found Kelli O'hara to be very strong in Piazza, but I didn't see her back when she first started and I've heard she has grown a lot since then. I do not agree that any old soprano could play the role of Clara. From what I've read about Kelli, she isn't just any old soprano (though Sara isn't any old singer either). Kelli's Tony will undoubtedly come. Personally at this point I see Sara as a one trick pony (a one trick gaining wide spread attention and fame pony, that is) but she could very well prove me wrong.

yr ronin,
joey
Updated On: 10/11/05 at 11:36 PM

kelzama
#62re: Sara Ramirez to exit SPAMALOT in December
Posted: 10/12/05 at 8:29am

No hints, Wendy72. I don't want to turn this into a "bash the broadway actress" thread.

Oh, wait. that's already happened. Nonetheless, those that I know personally who're auditioning would be wonderful, capable of branding the role with a unique stamp.

safety_in_falsehood
#63re: Sara Ramirez to exit SPAMALOT in December
Posted: 10/12/05 at 8:36am

Hey, Kelzama...do you post on imdb under the same name?

wendy72 Profile Photo
wendy72
#64re: Sara Ramirez to exit SPAMALOT in December
Posted: 10/12/05 at 10:07am

Kelzama-Here's whom I'd like to see:
Amy Spanger
Jennifer Laura Thompson
Christianne Noll
Linda Muggleston
Jennifer Holiday

Haven't heard Eden's voice, but she certainly has her fans..

Fosse76
#65re: Sara Ramirez to exit SPAMALOT in December
Posted: 10/12/05 at 10:35am

I remember being bored out of my mind during the cow song. She stood on stage in a sequened evening gown that had a cow design. It was pretty boring.

No one in Caroline, or Change had any dialogue, since it is a sung-through musical.

TheQuibbler
#66re: Sara Ramirez to exit SPAMALOT in December
Posted: 10/12/05 at 10:49am

There was dialogue in "Caroline, or Change."

Both women, Ramirez and O'Hara, were amazing in their respective roles. I am more a fan of Ramirez because of her style, but I do love Kelli O'Hara, so I was thrilled when she won. But, at the end of the day, I would have been happy with either winning.

Fosse76
#67re: Sara Ramirez to exit SPAMALOT in December
Posted: 10/12/05 at 12:08pm

"There was dialogue in "Caroline, or Change."

Only in as much as there was dialogue in Miss Saigon or Les Miz.

TheQuibbler
#68re: Sara Ramirez to exit SPAMALOT in December
Posted: 10/12/05 at 1:47pm

I didn't say there was a lot of dialogue, haha.

kelzama
#69re: Sara Ramirez to exit SPAMALOT in December
Posted: 10/12/05 at 6:40pm

safety-in-numbers:
Nope. It ain't me on IMBD. I thought I was unto my own in name uniqueness.

I'll try not to be shattered.

QMAN03 Profile Photo
QMAN03
#70re: Sara Ramirez to exit SPAMALOT in December
Posted: 10/12/05 at 8:08pm

Ok this just stinks. Tim Curry and Sara are both leaving on the same day: December 18. And guess what, I already bought tickets for December 20. It sucks to be me.

MrMidwest Profile Photo
MrMidwest
#71re: Sara Ramirez to exit SPAMALOT in December
Posted: 10/15/05 at 12:14pm

I hope that Sara is a success in tv/films so that if she comes back and does another show she'll bring a whole new audience to BW.

"The gods who nurse this universe think little of mortals' cares. They sit in crowds on exclusive clouds and laugh at our love affairs. I might have had a real romance if they'd given me a chance. I loved him, but he didn't love me. I wanted him, but he didn't want me. Then the gods had a spree and indulged in another whim. Now he loves me, but I don't love him." - Cole Porter

wendy72 Profile Photo
wendy72
#72re: Sara Ramirez to exit SPAMALOT in December
Posted: 10/18/05 at 9:38am

Ok, someone on the other message board said the role has been offered to someone....any insider information? Initials? I'm am dying to know..

Magdalene Profile Photo
Magdalene
#73re: Sara Ramirez to exit SPAMALOT in December
Posted: 10/18/05 at 10:08am

Just because Sara is leaving doesn't mean the show will be crap---I was excited to see TC & DHP, and came away really impressed with Michael McGrath and Chris Sieber.

"NOT MY DAUGHTER, YOU BITCH!"

CharityHope924 Profile Photo
CharityHope924
#74re: Sara Ramirez to exit SPAMALOT in December
Posted: 10/18/05 at 10:45am

I thought Sieber, McGrath and especially Christian Borle stole the show out from under the big names.

Then from out of the blue, and without any guide, you know what your decision is, which is not to decide... I chose and my world was shaken, so what? The choice may have been mistaken; the choosing was not. Just keep moving on... --Sondheim