pixeltracker

Comparing various Wicked companies

Comparing various Wicked companies

mule
#0Comparing various Wicked companies
Posted: 11/3/05 at 9:40am

It has been awhile since I have been online. My wife wants to travel somewhere and see Wicked again. Anyone offer any insight as to the different companies presenting play, i.e., New York, Chicago and I think there may be one more company out there?

Specifically the main leads and how they sing, etc.

BTW, we are fairly spoiled having seen Idina Menzel and Kristin Chenoweth once and Idina and JLT the second time.

Thanks in advance.
Updated On: 11/3/05 at 09:40 AM

Fosse76
#1re: Comparing various Wicked companies
Posted: 11/3/05 at 10:15am

Of all the cats, including the OBC, the Chicago cast is by far the best.

Fizz
#2re: Comparing various Wicked companies
Posted: 11/3/05 at 10:23am

I've seen both the tour cast and the Chicago cast. There were bits and pieces of each I liked.

Stephanie J Block's Elphaba was a little snappier and sarcastic than Ana Gastayer's, although both have incredible voices and unique interpretations of the characters. I didn't care for the Chicago Nessarose. She was a great actress, especially during the Wicked Witch Of The East scene, but her voice was too nasaly for my taste. Both Boqs and Fiyeros were wonderful, as were the Madame Morribles. Chicago's Wizard looks a bit young but he's wonderful(No pun intended...). I saw the understudy Galinda for Chicago(Sarah Jane Everman) and she was incredibly funny and had a wonderful voice, but they needed to turn up her mic a bit as she was being slightly drowned out by Ana at some parts.

Whicever cast you see, you'll be seeing a great one.

ElphabaRose Profile Photo
ElphabaRose
#3re: Comparing various Wicked companies
Posted: 11/3/05 at 10:40am

If you do see the NY cast again, wait until after January 8, the majority of the leads are leaving then and this cast needs a major shake up after most of them.

Whatever happened to class?

i have a dreamX
#4re: Comparing various Wicked companies
Posted: 11/3/05 at 10:46am

AHHH. Chicago Fiyero is one of the worst singers I've heard.
I mean...let's face it. Fiyero isn't TOO difficult,
but Kristoffer Cusik was really really horrible.
He was off from the moment he walked onto stage.

And then he acted really rude and cocky after the show.
He came out with his IPOD on and pretended not to hear people.

Bah. I love the Chicago cast except for him.

#5re: Comparing various Wicked companies
Posted: 11/3/05 at 1:34pm

RJ? Dude, I manage to run into you EVERYWHERE! re: Comparing various Wicked companies

Anyways, I love the Chicago cast, although I'm a bit spoiled - I saw it before Kate broke her foot and while Ben Vereen was down here for the week. I haven't seen the guy that is currently playing the wizard, or Kate's understudy though. I would advise waiting until Kate is back in the show, as she is brilliant Glinda, but I've heard nothing but glowing remarks from friends who have seen her understdy.

theatreboi11
#6re: Comparing various Wicked companies
Posted: 11/3/05 at 2:12pm

Chicago cast is AMAZING! I have seen both Chicago and Broadway cast and was amazingly suprised by the Chicago cast!

Kristopher was the nicest guy ever! My friend and I talked to him for a long time after the show one night! The next time we went he recognized me and came up and gave me and my bf a hug. Not sure what your talking about with him being mean.

(Martha Graham from a letter to Agnes de Mille) "There is a vitality, a life force, a quickening That is translated through you into action, And because there is only one of you in all time, This expression is unique. If you block it, It will never exist through any other medium And be lost. The world will never have it. It is not your business to determine how good it is, Nor how valuable it is, Nor how it compares with other expressions. It is your business to keep it yours, clearly and directly, To keep the channel open. You do not even have to believe in yourself or your work. You have to keep open and aware Directly to the urges that motivate you. Keep the channel open. No artist is pleased. There is no satisfaction whatever at any time. There is only a queer, divine dissatisfaction, A blessed unrest that keeps us marching And makes us more alive than others."

little_sally Profile Photo
little_sally
#7re: Comparing various Wicked companies
Posted: 11/3/05 at 2:13pm

I think the tour cast is just amazing. Ana however, is a great Elphaba.

A little swash, a bit of buckle - you'll love it more than bread.

StephanietheStar Profile Photo
StephanietheStar
#8re: Comparing various Wicked companies
Posted: 11/3/05 at 2:19pm

I love Stephanie J. Block more than anyone..and Jenna as her u/s is just....WOW...You can't go wrong.

Kendra is pretty fabulous..and Derrick is very good...

The Elphaba's win in the tour, they are better if you as me, than Ana (though I haven't seen Kristy Cates but from what i've heard she's similar to Steph) but I think the Glindas (Kate, and Sara Jane) and the Fiyeros (Kris is the only one I've seen in Chicago) beat out the tour cast...

But Jenna is my favorite---anything, she is just amazing. Heidi is also awesome as Nessa, and Jacqui(spelling!) was a fabulous u/s for Nessa...
Jenna's u/s for Nessa on the tour (forgot her name!), was just short of being horrible.

um...Love both wizards, love both Boqs (Telly in Chi and Logan on the tour, both amazing...)

But I have a special place in my heart for the tour cast, they are all much much much friendlier at the stage door...:)

and all that I could do because of you was talk of love...

StephanietheStar
#9re: Comparing various Wicked companies
Posted: 11/3/05 at 2:22pm

Theatreboi---I think Kris is nicer to men...I've met him 4 times now, and tried to talk to him each time, and he shows no interest and isn't very friendly to me...

I think it's because I'm not a hot male...lol
but that's ok!! and he's still my favorite Fiyero...though Derrick remembered me at the stage door, by my name, and talk to me....a lot....***Sigh***

theatreboi11
#10re: Comparing various Wicked companies
Posted: 11/3/05 at 2:31pm

I guess so...he made a big deal to my bf and I about seeing us sitting front row....made me feel so special! hehe

(Martha Graham from a letter to Agnes de Mille) "There is a vitality, a life force, a quickening That is translated through you into action, And because there is only one of you in all time, This expression is unique. If you block it, It will never exist through any other medium And be lost. The world will never have it. It is not your business to determine how good it is, Nor how valuable it is, Nor how it compares with other expressions. It is your business to keep it yours, clearly and directly, To keep the channel open. You do not even have to believe in yourself or your work. You have to keep open and aware Directly to the urges that motivate you. Keep the channel open. No artist is pleased. There is no satisfaction whatever at any time. There is only a queer, divine dissatisfaction, A blessed unrest that keeps us marching And makes us more alive than others."

StephanietheStar
#11re: Comparing various Wicked companies
Posted: 11/3/05 at 2:33pm

Yeah...that's probably it...I also think he just enjoys either hot guys, or people he knows...and me being niether get the shaft...lol

Jenna and Derrick after meeting me once (and I don't remember TELLING them my name) shouted "STEPHANIE!!!!!" when they saw me at the stage door a different day...that moment has made my life...LMAO...

I miss them re: Comparing various Wicked companies

Videos