Brooklyn - National Tour?!

edenespinosalover Profile Photo
edenespinosalover
#0Brooklyn - National Tour?!
Posted: 11/27/05 at 11:57pm

I was on playbill.com today and I saw that there were auditions for the national touring production of "Brooklyn". Hmm...just thought I'd share.

Auditions for Brooklyn the national tour

Radioactiveduck Profile Photo
Radioactiveduck
#1re: Brooklyn - National Tour?!
Posted: 11/28/05 at 2:03am

That's odd, I didn't think the show was a big enough success to even merit a tour. But, cool. Brooklyn was a fun show.

andyf
#2re: Brooklyn - National Tour?!
Posted: 11/28/05 at 4:29am

I don't think it was either.

It's probably a combination of Mark Schoenfeld being too proud to let it die and the facts that the show is pretty easy to tour with and low-cost.

Also, that's the same casting notice they put up when they were looking for replacements for the understudies on Broadway. It's still weird that Brooklyn only needs to belt to an F, so maybe they're rewriting "Once Upon a Time"?

Andrew, tonight isn't about you! It isn't even about me!!! - [FD]
Updated On: 11/28/05 at 04:29 AM

millie_dillmount Profile Photo
millie_dillmount
#3re: Brooklyn - National Tour?!
Posted: 11/28/05 at 7:10am

I thought there was plans for a tour I remember reading tour dates somewhere...did it already happen or were they cancelled?

"We like to snark around here. Sometimes we actually talk about theater...but we try not to let that get in our way." - dramamama611

bare_nakedlady Profile Photo
bare_nakedlady
#4re: Brooklyn - National Tour?!
Posted: 11/28/05 at 8:24am

It doesn't start till 2006 I believe. Where's TINYTOON

EDIT:

Yup JUNE 13, 2006 it begins at the Bushnell which is in CT I believe. Before Going to the Ordway Center in MN.
Calendar

"It's like children's theatre for 40-year old gay people!" - XANADU THE MUSICAL
Updated On: 11/28/05 at 08:24 AM

Videos