pixeltracker

"We Start Today" from Paper Mill's BABY on Michael Rupert's MySpace Page Now!!!

"We Start Today" from Paper Mill's BABY on Michael Rupert's MySpace Page Now!!!

AuditioningWaitress
#0"We Start Today" from Paper Mill's BABY on Michael Rupert's MySpace Page Now!!!
Posted: 12/17/05 at 12:53pm

I've been off line for a few days...Just checked Michael's MySpace page...He has the full track for the "We Start Today", the opening number from Paper Mill's BABY!!! Take a listen, it's amazing! Carolee Carmello, La Chanze, Norm Lewis...Brilliant!
Michael Rupert's MySpace Page

BobbyBubby Profile Photo
BobbyBubby
#1re: 'We Start Today' from Paper Mill's BABY on Michael Rupert's MySpace Page Now!!!
Posted: 12/17/05 at 1:09pm

Yay! Thanks AW. I loves me some Papermill Baby!

AuditioningWaitress
#2re: 'We Start Today' from Paper Mill's BABY on Michael Rupert's MySpace Page Now!!!
Posted: 12/17/05 at 1:11pm

Isn't it great! Too bad he'll only post tracks with him in it...Not that I mind (he as too delicious numbers with Carolee), but I want to hear more!!!

BobbyBubby Profile Photo
BobbyBubby
#3re: 'We Start Today' from Paper Mill's BABY on Michael Rupert's MySpace Page Now!!!
Posted: 12/17/05 at 1:12pm

AW, I know you don't accept Pm's, but Pm me or email me at the addy in my profile.

AuditioningWaitress
BSoBW2
#5re: 'We Start Today' from Paper Mill's BABY on Michael Rupert's MySpace Pag
Posted: 12/17/05 at 1:40pm

It isn't working for me!

Is LaChanze on this track?

apdarcey
#6re: 'We Start Today' from Paper Mill's BABY on Michael Rupert's MySpace Pag
Posted: 12/17/05 at 1:43pm

aw, you're obsessed with his myspace! haha. it's cool, i'm always excited for your new baby recordings posts!

now if they were all recorded why in the world can't we just make a cd out of it for me? that's all i'm asking. or go into the studio and re-record it. (that way they could replace moeisha with someone different, like anika noni)

BobbyBubby Profile Photo
BobbyBubby
#7re: 'We Start Today' from Paper Mill's BABY on Michael Rupert's MySpace Pag
Posted: 12/17/05 at 1:44pm

Yes La Chanze is on it.

GClef2 Profile Photo
GClef2
#8re: 'We Start Today' from Paper Mill's BABY on Michael Rupert's MySpace Pag
Posted: 12/17/05 at 1:44pm

It's amazing!

"The only way we live beyond our lives is to connect and carve ourselves into the souls of those we love." -Little Fish

apdarcey
#9re: 'We Start Today' from Paper Mill's BABY on Michael Rupert's MySpace Pag
Posted: 12/17/05 at 1:46pm

wait, it ain't working for me!

BSoBW2
#10re: 'We Start Today' from Paper Mill's BABY on Michael Rupert's MySpace Pag
Posted: 12/17/05 at 1:46pm

Gah, LaChanze. I wish I loved her sooner.

AuditioningWaitress
#11re: 'We Start Today' from Paper Mill's BABY on Michael Rupert's MySpace Pag
Posted: 12/17/05 at 1:48pm

BSoBW2 -
I noticed that sometimes it takes a few minutes for the track to load...Just be patient.

apdarcey -
Totally obsessed...He changes it so often, I'm afraid I'll miss something like I did on Thanksgiving, when he had a track up for a freaking day only!!!

apdarcey
#12re: 'We Start Today' from Paper Mill's BABY on Michael Rupert's MySpace Pag
Posted: 12/17/05 at 1:53pm

norm is beyond anything i've ever heard. i'm obsessed with his voice. why in the world can't i get my dessa for him and la and rach y. and kecia!

BSoBW2
#13re: 'We Start Today' from Paper Mill's BABY on Michael Rupert's MySpace Pag
Posted: 12/17/05 at 1:54pm

Ah, now it loaded in like a second.

Stupid computers.

apdarcey
#14re: 'We Start Today' from Paper Mill's BABY on Michael Rupert's MySpace Pag
Posted: 12/17/05 at 1:57pm

then, same thing happened to me. wouldn't load at all, then it just suddenly did like that.

lachanze and norm are just so great.
michael and carolee are transcendent.
chad is such a cutie. i've heard a lot of complaints about moeisha's performance, but she sounds fine on this recording.

i wish this could have transferred...

AuditioningWaitress
#15re: 'We Start Today' from Paper Mill's BABY on Michael Rupert's MySpace Pag
Posted: 12/17/05 at 2:03pm

Norm needs to cut a CD, as does Carolee (although I don't think she wants to do one) and La Chanze. I can't wait to hear the CD that Michael is working on!!! I hope it's all theater related music!!!

apdarcey
#16re: 'We Start Today' from Paper Mill's BABY on Michael Rupert's MySpace Pag
Posted: 12/17/05 at 2:12pm

i know carolee doesn't want to do a cd now. but i really loved the idea someone had of her recording her songs from all the shows she's replaced. her kiss me, kate, urinetown, mamma mia, city of angels, something from falsettos.. she can put parade on for good measure!

BobbyBubby Profile Photo
BobbyBubby
#17re: 'We Start Today' from Paper Mill's BABY on Michael Rupert's MySpace Pag
Posted: 12/17/05 at 2:12pm

Stupid Carolee and her artistic integrity. She said in an interview that she needs to be inspired. Silly artists...

AuditioningWaitress
#18re: 'We Start Today' from Paper Mill's BABY on Michael Rupert's MySpace Pag
Posted: 12/17/05 at 2:23pm

I agree sometimes artists can be silly...At least, Michael's doing one (hopefully of nothing but showtunes...hint, hint) and then hopefully the other BABY folks will jump on board and do their own...A girl can dream can't she!

BobbyBubby Profile Photo
BobbyBubby
#19re: 'We Start Today' from Paper Mill's BABY on Michael Rupert's MySpace Pag
Posted: 12/17/05 at 2:34pm

Rupert's doing a solo disc! I think I just melted on the floor!

BSoBW2
#20re: 'We Start Today' from Paper Mill's BABY on Michael Rupert's MySpace Pag
Posted: 12/17/05 at 2:38pm

I keep heaaring great things about Carolee's DRoMP...I wanna hear her sing it.

Then, for good emasure,

"That's not my name
Doesn't anybody ever get it right?
Car'lee!
Why don't they remember that I'm Carolee?
Car'lee!"

Hester Prynne Profile Photo
Hester Prynne
#21re: 'We Start Today' from Paper Mill's BABY on Michael Rupert's MySpace Pag
Posted: 12/17/05 at 2:47pm

Bobby, if you go to Michael Rupert's blog on his MYSPACE pg. he talks about recording his CD.

Michael Rupert's blog

MassOfMen on 5/17/07: "and lastly, I have no vested interest in LB. I have seen the show, I paid my money (a lot of money for that tix) I didn't watch it on a bootleg, yes I saw the flesh and bone of the people up there working their tails off. But do I really have to explain myself to you? are you the judge jury and executioner of Bwyworld.com message board? no. But I digress, I will leave this subject as I am bored of the rebuttals anyway, and go back to "wasting my time" with the job of building buildings. We have chat boards for architects as well, ya know."
Updated On: 12/17/05 at 02:47 PM

WChafin Profile Photo
WChafin
#22re: 'We Start Today' from Paper Mill's BABY on Michael Rupert's MySpace Pag
Posted: 12/17/05 at 3:35pm

Yes, Michael is recording a solo CD, which we expect to have out fall of 2006. And Waitress, not to fear. Michael is doing all show related music, including some of his own songs from 3 GUYS NAKED FROM THE WAIST DOWN, MAIL and the upcoming STREETS OF AMERICA as well as a few songs that Michael performed on stage, but were never recorded.

Glad you are enjoying the stuff on MySpace.

Please visit Michael Rupert's MySpace Page includes rare and live performances.

FalsettosFan Profile Photo
FalsettosFan
#23re: 'We Start Today' from Paper Mill's BABY on Michael Rupert's MySpace Pag
Posted: 12/17/05 at 5:29pm

Thanks for the info. I can't wait! Hope he does something from FALSETTOS and RAGTIME!

Jimbo2 Profile Photo
Jimbo2
#24re: 'We Start Today' from Paper Mill's BABY on Michael Rupert's MySpace Pag
Posted: 12/17/05 at 5:38pm

I've been following his site since he joined myspace...love the new clip from Baby, was lucky enough to see him in it too at the Paper Mill.

I think his holiday greeting is nice too :)

"If we don't wake up and shake the nation, we'll eat the dust of the world, wondering why...why?"