pixeltracker

live theatrical version of 42nd Street

live theatrical version of 42nd Street

Tap16 Profile Photo
Tap16
#0live theatrical version of 42nd Street
Posted: 1/6/06 at 10:15pm

does any one know of/have any version of this now that the show's been closed for quite a while? or is there never gonna be one?

dancingthrulife04 Profile Photo
dancingthrulife04
#1re: live theatrical version of 42nd Street
Posted: 1/6/06 at 10:44pm

*blinks* What?

http://www.beintheheights.com/katnicole1 (Please click and help me win!) I chose, and my world was shaken- So what?
The choice may have been mistaken, The choosing was not...
"Every day has the potential to be the greatest day of your life." - Lin-Manuel Miranda
"And when Idina Menzel is singing, I'm always slightly worried that her teeth are going to jump out of her mouth and chase me." - Schmerg_the_Impaler

Tap16 Profile Photo
Tap16
#2re: live theatrical version of 42nd Street
Posted: 1/7/06 at 12:38am

lol...like a video versioin of 42nd street...or is this a mega dumb question?

millie_dillmount Profile Photo
millie_dillmount
#3re: live theatrical version of 42nd Street
Posted: 1/7/06 at 1:00am

live theatrical version = illegal

"We like to snark around here. Sometimes we actually talk about theater...but we try not to let that get in our way." - dramamama611

frontrowcentre2 Profile Photo
frontrowcentre2
#4re: live theatrical version of 42nd Street
Posted: 1/7/06 at 6:08am

Wasn't the original Broadway prduction taped fr Japanese television? Now that the first class Bway revival and tour are finished, that could be released.

Cast albums are NOT "soundtracks."
Live theatre does not use a "soundtrack." If it did, it wouldn't be live theatre!

I host a weekly one-hour radio program featuring cast album selections as well as songs by cabaret, jazz and theatre artists. The program, FRONT ROW CENTRE is heard Sundays 9 to 10 am and also Saturdays from 8 to 9 am (eastern times) on www.proudfm.com

respeck Profile Photo
respeck
#5re: live theatrical version of 42nd Street
Posted: 1/7/06 at 6:13am

Millie, I think he was asking if it was some how taped legally. Updated On: 1/7/06 at 06:13 AM

millie_dillmount Profile Photo
millie_dillmount
#6re: live theatrical version of 42nd Street
Posted: 1/7/06 at 3:57pm

Oh okay! I want to see it then.

"We like to snark around here. Sometimes we actually talk about theater...but we try not to let that get in our way." - dramamama611

Tap16 Profile Photo
Tap16
#7re: live theatrical version of 42nd Street
Posted: 1/11/06 at 11:03pm

Yeah, of course legally, & both the shows have been done for quite some time now...i'm guess no one knows where to find the one taped for japenese t.v.

RentBoy86
#8re: live theatrical version of 42nd Street
Posted: 1/11/06 at 11:10pm

The tours not over, its here in Birmingham until Sunday. Unless this is the non-equity production.

Tap16 Profile Photo
Tap16
#9re: live theatrical version of 42nd Street
Posted: 1/11/06 at 11:15pm

O i dunno exacly about the tour, i thought the original broadway cast tour was done. I dunno i just REALLLY wanna see that show. i've seen clips of it and the tapping looks AMAZING

misto625 Profile Photo
misto625
#10re: live theatrical version of 42nd Street
Posted: 1/11/06 at 11:57pm

The current 42nd St. tour is indeed non-Equity but is still pretty damn good. I also hope the Japanese video is available. I love the show.

Dean: Can I tell you something? Lorraine: That depends on what it is. Dean: I think you're really really pretty. Lorraine: (after a pause) Ok, you can tell me that.

Bdwy24
#11re: live theatrical version of 42nd Street
Posted: 1/12/06 at 1:34am

I saw the tour of 42nd street last week. It was excellent. Pretty much the same as the equity. Except for the fact the stair case for the finale couldnt fit in the theatre=(. But, It's a great non-equity production.

Tap16 Profile Photo
Tap16
#12re: live theatrical version of 42nd Street
Posted: 1/12/06 at 9:55pm

MAN i wish the tour came to Minnesota.

Here_I_Go_Again
#13re: live theatrical version of 42nd Street
Posted: 1/12/06 at 10:46pm

i have the Japenese version on a dvd. its a copy i got from a friend. its very cool to see it with the subtitles, hehehe. i was sad they never released contact on dvd

Videos