The Gift of Anne Rice...

SueleenGay Profile Photo
SueleenGay
#0The Gift of Anne Rice...
Posted: 1/15/06 at 12:17pm

"Anne Rice gives herself -- her life in full -- as a gift to the world in every spellbinding chapter, every carefully turned page, every meaningful word. Mere footprints of a life lived in art. Anne is grateful that these Broadway giants have adapted her creative endeavor in such a mesmerizing and captivating musical. This adaptation stands alone as a genuine masterpiece!"

This is from her Bio in the Lestat Program, which we all know she either wrote herself or had final approval.

Please, could the world ever be thankful enough for all her gifts "given" to the world? I'd say "sold" is a better word.

PEACE.

YouWantitWhen???? Profile Photo
YouWantitWhen????
#1re: The Gift of Anne Rice...
Posted: 1/15/06 at 12:26pm

I think she needs to suck a little humility from someone's neck.

Makes me want to avoid Lestat all on its own.

SueleenGay Profile Photo
SueleenGay
#2re: The Gift of Anne Rice...
Posted: 1/15/06 at 2:53pm

How do you think she would feel about re-gifting?

PEACE.

grizzabella
#3re: The Gift of Anne Rice...
Posted: 1/15/06 at 3:06pm

If Anne Rice wants to truly be considered a gift to the world, let her take some of her millions and help restore her city for her fellow New Orleanians.

"And the postman sighed as he scratched his head, you really rather thought she ought to be dead..."

Mr Roxy Profile Photo
Mr Roxy
#4re: The Gift of Anne Rice...
Posted: 1/15/06 at 4:43pm

Too bad she is no longer into her Vampire schtick or maybe she could help try & turn around "Lestat"

Poster Emeritus

EAD1974
#5re: The Gift of Anne Rice...
Posted: 1/15/06 at 4:48pm

"If Anne Rice wants to truly be considered a gift to the world, let her take some of her millions and help restore her city for her fellow New Orleanians. "

Yeah, um...she HAS given a lot of money to the City of New Orleans during this time. And while her writing may not have been a gift to you, it was to me and made a lot of other people happy...so if you don't like her fine, just don't buy her books. I don't read Tom Clancy and somehow don't feel the need to go on messageboards to remind everyone how much I Don't like him, because who cares? ( OK, I realize I just did it, but I was trying to make a point ) Whether the musical flops or not, the Vampire Chronicles will be in print for the rest of our lives and then some...how many of YOU can say the same about anything you've written? Yeah, that's what I thought.

BlueWizard Profile Photo
BlueWizard
#6re: The Gift of Anne Rice...
Posted: 1/15/06 at 7:50pm

Yes, I think grizzabella's comments were uncalled for, especially since Anne Rice's financial contributions to the rebuilding of New Orleans has been quite substantial and fairly well documented.

I haven't read anything by Rice in years, but that blurb doesn't sound like it was written by her at all. I remember her being quite modest in interviews and the like.

BlueWizard's blog: The Rambling Corner HEDWIG: "The road is my home. In reflecting upon the people whom I have come upon in my travels, I cannot help but think of the people who have come upon me."
Updated On: 1/15/06 at 07:50 PM

grizzabella
#7re: The Gift of Anne Rice...
Posted: 1/16/06 at 11:51am

I had not been aware of her charitable gifts, and I consider myself chastised, and I do apologize to all I've offended, including Miss Rice.

"And the postman sighed as he scratched his head, you really rather thought she ought to be dead..."

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#8re: The Gift of Anne Rice...
Posted: 1/16/06 at 6:47pm

I'm kinda surprised she hasn't been posting here, unless she was so scarred by the Amazon incident. re: The Gift of Anne Rice...

And yeah, I laughed long and loud at her bio. It was only an indicator of things to come.

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt

justme2 Profile Photo
justme2
#9re: The Gift of Anne Rice...
Posted: 1/16/06 at 6:50pm

ok, I'll bite (pun intended)...what's the Amazon thing?

"My dreams, watching me said, one to the other...this life has let us down."

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#10re: The Gift of Anne Rice...
Posted: 1/16/06 at 6:52pm

Comedy gold. But very long. Have fun. :)
http://www.journalfen.net/community/fandom_wank/515245.html

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt

justme2 Profile Photo
justme2
#11re: The Gift of Anne Rice...
Posted: 1/16/06 at 7:00pm

"And you have used this site as if it were a public urinal to publish falsehood and lies."

That's my favorite line of her diatribe. I wonder what she said about the reviews of her "Sleeping Beauty Chronicles"....

Thanks so much for the link, Lizzie.

"My dreams, watching me said, one to the other...this life has let us down."

orangeskittles Profile Photo
orangeskittles
#12re: The Gift of Anne Rice...
Posted: 1/16/06 at 7:20pm

I read that in Variety the other night. It just sounds so pretentious. If she did write it, I'm surprised she can fit into a theater seat with an ego that big. If not, her publicist needs to be fired.

Like a firework unexploded
Wanting life but never knowing how