pixeltracker

How To Succeed... - Character Descriptions

How To Succeed... - Character Descriptions

GirlforTartaglia Profile Photo
GirlforTartaglia
#0How To Succeed... - Character Descriptions
Posted: 1/21/06 at 2:16pm

Does anyone have any descriptive descriptions of the main-ish characters in H2$..and who would you consider (please list) "good" characters to be..like aside from Rosemary, Finch and Hedy. Thanks!
As much info as possible would be appreciated for this! Thank you so much!! :)
And also how is Bratt in the show compared to Smitty's part? Who sings more/who sings what?
Sorry bout the questions, but answers would be appreciated !:)

And the other thing about the Phantom Lady was, Bert, she realized, in the city that never sleeps... What did she realize, Kitten? That all the songs she'd listened to, all the love songs, that they were only songs. What's wrong with that? Nothing, if you don't believe in them. But she did, you see. She believed in enchanted evenings, and she believed that a small cloud passed overhead and cried down on a flower bed, and she even believed there was breakfast to be had... Where? On Pluto. The mysterious, icy wastes of Pluto.
Updated On: 1/21/06 at 02:16 PM

BobbyBubby Profile Photo
BobbyBubby
GirlforTartaglia
#2re: How To Succeed... - Character Descriptions
Posted: 1/21/06 at 5:40pm

Anything more detailed / opinionated?

And the other thing about the Phantom Lady was, Bert, she realized, in the city that never sleeps... What did she realize, Kitten? That all the songs she'd listened to, all the love songs, that they were only songs. What's wrong with that? Nothing, if you don't believe in them. But she did, you see. She believed in enchanted evenings, and she believed that a small cloud passed overhead and cried down on a flower bed, and she even believed there was breakfast to be had... Where? On Pluto. The mysterious, icy wastes of Pluto.

Staci1818 Profile Photo
Staci1818
#3re: How To Succeed... - Character Descriptions
Posted: 1/21/06 at 5:51pm

While I don't see why you'd need to compare Bratt to Smitty, I'll give it a try.

Bratt has a solo in one song (The begining of Secratery), is in Brotherhood of Man, and a number of lines, Smitty sings in several songs (off the top of my head: Coffee Break, Paris Original, Cinderella Darling). Smitty isn't in much of the second act (from after Cinderella Darling to the last sceen really), while Bratt is in the entire show. Smitty seems like a more fun charcter to play, at least in my opinion.

Frump, Miss Jones, and Biggley are all rather large parts.

Staci1818 Profile Photo
Staci1818
#4re: How To Succeed... - Character Descriptions
Posted: 1/21/06 at 5:51pm

ahhh.... double post...
Updated On: 1/21/06 at 05:51 PM

jonartdesigns Profile Photo
jonartdesigns
#5re: How To Succeed... - Character Descriptions
Posted: 1/21/06 at 8:25pm

if you can get the revival script bratt's solo in a secretary is not a toy becomes a full song solo

"Grease," the fourth revival of the season, is the worst show in the history of theater and represents an unparalleled assault on Western civilization and its values. - Michael Reidel

GirlforTartaglia
#6re: How To Succeed... - Character Descriptions
Posted: 1/23/06 at 3:23pm

I was just cast as Mrs Jones..what can you tell me about that? And does she sing the girl part in Brotherhood of Man and if so, in all versions does she HAVE TO scat? In the revival, its' scatting, which I SO cannot do.
Thanks. A response would be greatly appreciated :)

jacobtsf Profile Photo
jacobtsf
#7re: How To Succeed... - Character Descriptions
Posted: 1/23/06 at 3:27pm

The MTI version does NOT have scatting, it is like the OBCR.

Miss Jones is a GREAT character. I've played Finch and directed this show in the past, if you have any questions feel free to PM me.

David walked into the valley With a stone clutched in his hand He was only a boy But he knew someone must take a stand There will always be a valley Always mountains one must scale There will always be perilous waters Which someone must sail -Into the Fire Scarlet Pimpernel

jonartdesigns
#8re: How To Succeed... - Character Descriptions
Posted: 1/23/06 at 3:40pm

the mti script disappointed me, simply since its the revival's logo on the cover and not the revival version

"Grease," the fourth revival of the season, is the worst show in the history of theater and represents an unparalleled assault on Western civilization and its values. - Michael Reidel

Kellie Profile Photo
Kellie
#9re: How To Succeed... - Character Descriptions
Posted: 1/23/06 at 6:16pm

Yah about the scatting, I think in the revival they made it more 'gospely' for Lilias White.. don't know about the original though.

jonartdesigns
#10re: How To Succeed... - Character Descriptions
Posted: 1/23/06 at 7:00pm

the original is sort of warbled....especially in the movie

Videos