pixeltracker

Question about Anthony Rapp's Book

Question about Anthony Rapp's Book

SSkankin
#0Question about Anthony Rapp's Book
Posted: 2/14/06 at 9:26am

I know there is alot of topics about the book but I did not want to read any of them since I have not finished the book.

I just finished the chapter about Opening Night of Rent and His mom went up to her hotel room to get rest and skipped the party. Well I noticed when He showed him mom the article in The Advocate he said he came out to his mom already. Did I miss something? How did he come out to her and where did it say it in the book?

Thanks!

SSkankin
#1re: Question about Anthony Rapp's Book
Posted: 2/14/06 at 9:28am

Sorry for the double post.. the computer was lagging and I pressed post twice

luvtheEmcee Profile Photo
luvtheEmcee
#2re: Question about Anthony Rapp's Book
Posted: 2/14/06 at 9:40am

Huh? I thought it was before the time period covered in the book.

A work of art is an invitation to love.

Katecab99 Profile Photo
Katecab99
#3re: Question about Anthony Rapp's Book
Posted: 2/14/06 at 10:52am

i haven't gotten that far yet - i'm trying so hard to use every free minute i have to read, and these free minutes are far and few between! re: Question about Anthony Rapp's Book

however,last night i read through the "jonathan" chapter, and i have never had a book move me the way that this did. i sat in my big cozy chair and sobbed through every line. i was so emotionally drained at the end of the chapter that i decided i was done for the night, and that i would tackle some more reading at work today.

i can definitly say that after reading only about half of this book, i don't think i'll ever walk into the nederlander and see this musical the same way. i used to see it weekly, and i obviously loved it, but i think i lost sight of many of the real points and the real story behind it. this is bringing it all back, and reminding me how incredibly special the music, and the characters and jonathan all really are.

sorry about the threadjack - i couldn't help it re: Question about Anthony Rapp's Book

respeck Profile Photo
respeck
#4re: Question about Anthony Rapp's Book
Posted: 2/14/06 at 12:32pm

In answer to your question, I believe that is exactly when he tells you.

camerangel Profile Photo
camerangel
#5re: Question about Anthony Rapp's Book
Posted: 2/14/06 at 12:40pm

He bounces between time periods in the book.. he will go back to the subject later on.

"All work and no smut makes Cammy lose her edge." ~DG

"Someday I'm going to have a baby and I'm gonna name her L'il Mimi Marquez and I and will sing to her every day and when she's a toddler I will say "L'il Mimi Marquez, clad only in a bubble diaper, will perform her famous play pen handcuff dance to the sounds of breast milk being pumped!" ~Kringas

ShuQ Profile Photo
ShuQ
#6re: Question about Anthony Rapp's Book
Posted: 2/14/06 at 12:42pm

Keep reading...

galindagirl
#7re: Question about Anthony Rapp's Book
Posted: 2/15/06 at 12:15am

its amazing .ifinished it in 2 days and i am reading it again .ps if any norbert leo butz fans he mentioned for a split sec it chapter tyson he says hey hey hey hey .

RENTingFAME Profile Photo
RENTingFAME
#8re: Question about Anthony Rapp's Book
Posted: 2/15/06 at 9:00am

Anthony's book is so amazing...

And yeah if you haven't figured it out yet, he does jump around in time. And I promise he talks about coming out to his mom. I don't remember where exatly. But it's there. Enjoy it! It's fantabulous!

Measure your life in love, RENTheads, and keep it always in your heart.

Avatar: Me with Al Larson, Jonathan Larson's father.

SSkankin
#9re: Question about Anthony Rapp's Book
Posted: 2/15/06 at 12:44pm

ok, thanks for answering my question!

Videos