Nicest Broadway Stars?

Malki5 Profile Photo
Malki5
#175re: Nicest Broadway Stars?
Posted: 3/7/06 at 4:04pm

I also recently went on a backstage tour with Greg. I had emailed him to thank him for saying hi to me and my kids on his webcam and mentioned that I was taking one of my sons to see the show again as part of his birthday present. The next morning I got an email from him inviting us backstage. My husband asked if he could meet us and Greg invited my whole family (I have 5 kids). In the end my husband and oldest son saw the show with us and the 4 of us met Greg. He was warm and gracious and spent some time showing us around and explaining everything to us. He also spent time just talking to us like we were old friends and was sweet enough to extend another invitation for when I can bringmy younger kids. He is a true gentleman.

BroadwayBaby6 Profile Photo
BroadwayBaby6
#176re: Nicest Broadway Stars?
Posted: 3/7/06 at 4:13pm

I have met DOZENS of Broadway actors and stars and all have been very nice to me....including people who have been referred to as "evil" or "bitchy" by some on this board.

Unlike some people, I don't STALK them or try to keep them in conversation for longer than a minute. I don't ask them to autograph every cast album they've ever been on or try to hug them. We should all learn to be respectful of their time and their privacy.

After a grueling 2 1/2 hours on the stage, some are too tired to want to spend another hour chatting with fans or maybe they just want to go home and spend quality time with a loved one.

"It does what a musical is supposed to do; it takes you to another world. And it gives you a little tune to carry in your head. Something to take you away from the dreary horrors of the real world. A little something for when you're feeling blue. You know?"

Phantomgal109
#177re: Nicest Broadway Stars?
Posted: 3/7/06 at 5:22pm

The nicest stars I have met so far have been Patrick Wilson. He is such a sweetheart. I have met him twice and he is just so adorable. and Anthony Rapp.

Playbill9117 Profile Photo
Playbill9117
#178re: Nicest Broadway Stars?
Posted: 3/7/06 at 5:28pm

Didn't have time to read the entire board, but the nicest i've met so far is MEGAN HILTY you'd never know she just got done playing the lead! So humble.

WestEndBird Profile Photo
WestEndBird
#179re: Nicest Broadway Stars?
Posted: 3/8/06 at 11:23am

John Carriani...he was Motel in Fiddler.
Matthew Broaderick was kind..
The entire cast of Little Shop was AWESOME!

"Even if I could let you see me cry you would never understand what I was feeling inside, you see it and use it but dont believe in it..."

broadway_show_fan Profile Photo
broadway_show_fan
#180re: Nicest Broadway Stars?
Posted: 3/8/06 at 3:38pm

dirty rotten guy, sorry it took me so long to get back to you. I had an ugly ER experience the last few days! =(

Anyway... yeah, I had just met Greg several times and he had said, "email me if you want to come back sometime." So I did. His email is on his site - it links to his personal account. And MAN does he respond quickly! If you are going to see the show and you are interested (which, I guess you are), email him and see what happens. He's a great guy =)

inlovewithjerryherman Profile Photo
inlovewithjerryherman
#181re: Nicest Broadway Stars?
Posted: 3/8/06 at 3:54pm

Diana DiMarzo

greenifyed Profile Photo
greenifyed
#182re: Nicest Broadway Stars?
Posted: 3/8/06 at 4:24pm

Since I don't think I ever actually responded to this post, I think my vote for the nicest goes to Adam Pascal. Honestly, I've met a lot of people -- and he has always been the kindest, nicest, friendliest person. I'm not even the biggest fan of his, I just think he's amazingly nice to his fans, and appreciates everything.

Kevin Cahoon is always beyond nice to everyone as well.

"The tick BOOM tick BOOM is so loud I can't hear the rain on the grass. I can't hear the wind. I'm about to scream. But I realize I'm not alone."

elphie30
#183re: Nicest Broadway Stars?
Posted: 3/8/06 at 4:30pm

megan hilty is a sweetheart and jennifer laura thompson

Save him please, just save him My poor Boq, my sweet, my brave him Don't leave me till my sorry life has scene Alone and loveless here, just the girl in the mirror Just her and me, the Wicked Witch of the East

luvtheEmcee Profile Photo
luvtheEmcee
#184re: Nicest Broadway Stars?
Posted: 3/8/06 at 4:30pm

yay for Kevin "You wanna be on my mailing list?!??!?!" Cahoon. re: Nicest Broadway Stars?

And Mano is indeed super-nice. re: Nicest Broadway Stars? To go back a day. re: Nicest Broadway Stars?

... wow, overuse of grinny faces.

A work of art is an invitation to love.

greenifyed Profile Photo
greenifyed
#185re: Nicest Broadway Stars?
Posted: 3/8/06 at 5:22pm

Kevin "YOU WANNA BE ON MY MAILING LIST, SH*T I DON'T HAVE A PEN, GIVE YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS TO HEATHER SHE'LL DO IT FOR ME RIGHT HEATHER?" Cahoon.

Indeed.

HAHA

"The tick BOOM tick BOOM is so loud I can't hear the rain on the grass. I can't hear the wind. I'm about to scream. But I realize I'm not alone."

luvtheEmcee
#186re: Nicest Broadway Stars?
Posted: 3/8/06 at 5:25pm

You know, I gave him my e-mail address twice and I never get updates from him. re: Nicest Broadway Stars?

greenifyed Profile Photo
greenifyed
#187re: Nicest Broadway Stars?
Posted: 3/8/06 at 5:34pm

I've only been sent a few updates. One was about Ars Nova back in November, and then before that I got a few about the CD. I wanna know when the March 5th show was postponed to!

Eh, I'd just sign up for the updates on his site just to make sure you're in there. He's usually good about that stuff though.

luvtheEmcee
#188re: Nicest Broadway Stars?
Posted: 3/8/06 at 5:35pm

Well, I did write it on like... understudy slips, so those can easily get lost. :)

greenifyed Profile Photo
greenifyed
#189re: Nicest Broadway Stars?
Posted: 3/8/06 at 5:37pm

Understudy slips are probably more frequently used for email/phone number paper than anything else. Oops?

bardolator
#190re: Nicest Broadway Stars?
Posted: 3/8/06 at 5:46pm

Stephanie J. Block...and here's why: http://bardolator.livejournal.com/

Talk about above and beyond....

Popular Profile Photo
Popular
#191re: Nicest Broadway Stars?
Posted: 3/12/06 at 1:46pm

Bardolator - That is a great story about her coming to your school...and bring other from the cast with her as well! As nice as I have known her to be (I have a few stories of my own that I'd rather keep to myself) I'm still blown away by her kindness.

sweetestsiren Profile Photo
sweetestsiren
#192re: Nicest Broadway Stars?
Posted: 3/12/06 at 2:00pm

Manoel is incredibly sweet.... and he's the only Broadway performer I've ever met, so far.

luvtheEmcee
#193re: Nicest Broadway Stars?
Posted: 3/12/06 at 4:24pm

hee. Yay for Manoel. re: Nicest Broadway Stars?

And yeah, he just keeps piling up brownie points, so far as I'm concerned. re: Nicest Broadway Stars?

dirty rotten guy Profile Photo
dirty rotten guy
#194re: Nicest Broadway Stars?
Posted: 3/12/06 at 5:50pm

Hurray for the vote for Diana DiMarzio!
She actually has edged out Jbara for my vote for nicest now. I absolutely adore her. She told me to come back with my Sweeney CD next time and she will get everyone to sign it since I waited for the signing but just missed getting in. Also Donna is very very nice, infact the whole cast is.

Greg is still great though!

Broadway_Show_Fan, yes I have seen the show twice and have emailed Greg a couple times for shoutouts on GregCam. Next time I will deff. email him. Thanks!

"The hallmark of aristocracy is responsibility. Oh brother, that got me, that did me in!"
Updated On: 3/12/06 at 05:50 PM

slyoptimist Profile Photo
slyoptimist
#195re: Nicest Broadway Stars?
Posted: 3/12/06 at 6:30pm

I've met so many nice people over the years, but some folks that particularly stick out in my mind are Brent Carver, Ron Bohmer, Alice Ripley, Emily Skinner, Lauren Kennedy, Kim Huber, Natalie Toro, and William Solo.

Only one person who has seemed scary/rude on several occasions is Amy Spanger. And that could be totally off, but I've seen her roll her eyes at fans a lot at stage doors, so I've never actually approached her.

renthead333 Profile Photo
renthead333
#196re: Nicest Broadway Stars?
Posted: 3/12/06 at 7:25pm

Cary Shields & Krystal Washington & Megan Hilty & David Ayer

BrunetteBombshell
#197re: Nicest Broadway Stars?
Posted: 3/12/06 at 7:33pm

Anthony Rapp.

Johnnytoc
#198re: Nicest Broadway Stars?
Posted: 3/12/06 at 7:55pm

It's nice to see some people mentioning Diana Dimarzio; she's absolutely adorable. Of course I'll agree Manoel is incredibly sweet! That entire cast always amazes me at how nice they are no matter what conditions they're in (illness, weather, etc).

eponine88
#199re: Nicest Broadway Stars?
Posted: 3/12/06 at 8:13pm

I haven't really had the honor of meeting that many people at this point, but everyone I have met was extremely friendly and utterly gracious. One person that sticks out in particular in my mind is Michael Crawford, whom I have met on numerous occasion, who always remembers my family and is always so friendly. Two others are Beth Leavel and Tom Wopat when they were in 42nd Street- it was Father's Day and my little sister was very upset (it being only the second Father's Day that she had to experience sisnce my dad died on 9/11) so the two of them brought my whole family backstage and showed us around. They really could not possibly have been nicer. And then, of course, there's everyone from Sweeney Todd :)