pixeltracker

Adam Pascal Appearance Dates- Page 8

Adam Pascal Appearance Dates

Jyn326
#175re: Adam Pascal Appearance Dates
Posted: 4/4/06 at 3:50am

so whoever goes to the last concert of the tour has the best chance of him staying longer, I guess.

Connie2 Profile Photo
Connie2
#176re: Adam Pascal Appearance Dates
Posted: 4/4/06 at 4:01am

I think in that other thread about the Virginia show, the girl was saying that a meet and greet had to be paid for, so unless a school has paid for one, I don't think they've scheduled time for him to do a big one at the end of a gig...

I could be COMPLETELY wrong though. :P

bwaylover86 Profile Photo
bwaylover86
#177re: Adam Pascal Appearance Dates
Posted: 4/4/06 at 7:28am

Well its from 9-11 so maybe he is only playing for an hour then doing the meet and greet for the last hour- I have no idea how big the gym is or how many people will be there- I can't go and I am so sad- someone please videotape it and take lots of pictures!! I was all set to go- but I need to go to class tomorrow soooo... oh well re: Adam Pascal Appearance Dates

"That boy could use some Prozac"
Updated On: 4/4/06 at 07:28 AM

craig238
#178re: Adam Pascal Appearance Dates
Posted: 4/4/06 at 9:13am

St.Joseph College Review:
The doors opened up at 17:30 and me, my wife, and 10 year old daughter got 3rd row center. He went on at 18:05 with about 300 people in the audience. He played about an hour and did songs from his 2 albums (not sure which ones) along with a few cover songs (one being a 'jazzy' rendition of Maria from West Side Story) and then did his 'Glory' encore. His voice was very strong and we all enjoyed the show. My daughter graded it A++++++++, my wife an A, and me a B+ (hey, I'm just the driver). My daughter has become a mini Renthead, so before the show she bought his 2 albums and T-shirt ($30 for all 3 - not too bad). We had asked his roadie if Adam was going to sign after the show and he said he would for a few minutes. So after his last song, my wife and daughter ran back to where they were selling his stuff and were first in line when he came out. He signed my daughter's 2 cd covers along with the Rent CD and Rent DVD insert. From where I was (off to the side of the table trying to get some pictures for my daughter) he seemed very pleasant and nice (considering all the screaming and unruliness - for college kids they didn't know what 'please form a line' meant). All in all a fun night.

wickedrentq Profile Photo
wickedrentq
#179re: Adam Pascal Appearance Dates
Posted: 4/4/06 at 12:40pm

Hmm...if it was a couple minutes, and you guys are right in terms of the time...it does seem like tonight there may be a longer meet & greet and such.

*Crosses fingers*

*Bounces*

Can't tell you about the video tape bwaylover, but I know you'll be covered with the lots of pictures re: Adam Pascal Appearance Dates

"If there was a Mount Rushmore for Broadway scores, "West Side Story" would be front and center. It snaps, it crackles it pops! It surges with a roar, its energy and sheer life undiminished by the years" - NYPost reviewer Elisabeth Vincentelli

zippyjen Profile Photo
zippyjen
#180re: Adam Pascal Appearance Dates
Posted: 4/4/06 at 12:46pm

well i am seeing him tomorrow at simmons college. I will give a review and all of that.
jen

"At the opening night party, they had clowns on stilts, jugglers, a chocolate fountain, popcorn, hot dogs. [My son] looked at me like I had been holding back. Like, 'This is what you do?' I had to tell him, 'No, no, darling. Opening nights don't usually look like this.' It's usually a dark bar with a bottle of vodka." ?Chitty Chitty Bang Bang's Jan Maxwell plus i proudly share the title of the shortest member over the age of 10 with wickedrentq!

iluvme2ofen Profile Photo
iluvme2ofen
#181re: Adam Pascal Appearance Dates
Posted: 4/4/06 at 4:52pm

Found out some info for the show at IWU:

Illinois Wesleyan Student Senate will sponsor a vocal performance by "RENT" actor/singer Adam Pascal on Tuesday, April 11 at 8 p.m. at the Hansen Student Center (300 E. Beecher St., Bloomington).

The event is free and open to the public though tickets must be obtained ahead of time. Doors open for IWU students at 6:30 p.m. and at 7 p.m. for the public.

The performance will be part of a tour of northeast and mid-west college campuses. Pascal's show will be contemporary and unique, combining his love of rock 'n' roll with his passion for musicals. He will perform original songs from his albums "Model Prisoner" and "Citizen" as well as his own renditions of songs from musicals including "RENT" and "Cabaret."

Pascal received nominations as Best Leading Actor in a Musical and Outstanding New Talent for his role as Roger in the original Broadway version and the more recent movie version of "RENT," a Pulitzer and Tony Award-winning musical about Bohemians in the East Village of New York City struggling with life, love and AIDS, and the impacts those issues have on America. He has starred in the musical "Aida," as the Emcee in "Cabaret," and played opposite Jack Black in "School of Rock." Pascal also co-produced the Off-Broadway play "Fully Committed."

For ticket information, contact Sara Baldocchi at the Office of Student Activities at (309) 556-1367.

Updated On: 4/4/06 at 04:52 PM

Dancinqueen123 Profile Photo
Dancinqueen123
#182re: Adam Pascal Appearance Dates
Posted: 4/4/06 at 5:10pm

I love how they titled his album "Citizen" instead of "Civilian"

<--Sometimes it's easier to get out of a jam than into one

iluvme2ofen
#183re: Adam Pascal Appearance Dates
Posted: 4/4/06 at 5:45pm

Wow, I didn't even notice that! That's funny. re: Adam Pascal Appearance Dates

Dancinqueen123 Profile Photo
Dancinqueen123
#184re: Adam Pascal Appearance Dates
Posted: 4/4/06 at 7:27pm

This stinks! My brother goes to Illinois Wesleyan and since it's a private college I was expecting Adams concert to not be open to the public. Imagine my suprise when my brother calls to tell me that it's free and it's open for the public. I turn to my mom and I start babbling like a fangirl. I think my sentence was something like "Adam...concert...IWU...free...public...can I go?" and what does my mom say? NO! She says she doesn't want to spend 3 hours driving there seeing Adam perform for one hour and driving 3 hours home. I told her I would gladly take the car if she would let me have it. She says you're gonna drive 6 hours to see a guy perform for 1. I said yeah. SHE STILL SAID NO! It's not like I'd be in a strange college campus by myself. I would be there with my bro. Sorry about the rant I just had to get this off my chest.

<--Sometimes it's easier to get out of a jam than into one

kas Profile Photo
kas
#185re: Adam Pascal Appearance Dates
Posted: 4/4/06 at 8:41pm

i was at the show also! i loved it - but i wish i stuck around to see him come out; i am also an adult and felt weird hanging with the college girls. but he was so sweet onstage for it being such an intimate audience - i don't even think it was 300 people. the house was only 1/2 full. it should have been better publicized.

were the girls really screaming? hilarious. i should've sat with them so I could act silly also :) what was he like when he came out? you'll have to post the pictures for us.

luvtheEmcee Profile Photo
luvtheEmcee
#186re: Adam Pascal Appearance Dates
Posted: 4/5/06 at 2:38am

I saw him tonight, and he totally delivered, as always. Charisma, charm, wit, passion.... he's full of it all, and truly a gifted performer, making up for everything he might lack in acting perfection right there as one hell of a musician.

This one was also a small audience, but they made up for their size. They were pretty crazy -- shrieking, screaming, yelling weird things to him, asking him about his underwear and shoe size..... and this gig had an age restriction...

I love the scaled down arrangements, and I love that he's doing some more "Adamized" showtunes. He's really making them his own, and they sound beautiful. Glory STILL gives me chills; the piano arrangement he does is my favorite.

He sounds incredible -- the power behind his voice is always something to behold. He riffed like MAD when he sang I'm With You (which some people found funny?).

Told some funny stories, too -- about a fallen-through workshop, teching Aida... and gave a really heartfelt explanation for the process of writing Civilian (the CD, no just the song).

Great, great show.

A work of art is an invitation to love.

iluvme2ofen
#187re: Adam Pascal Appearance Dates
Posted: 4/5/06 at 2:57am

I am so jealous of all of you. I wish I could see him in concert.

kas Profile Photo
kas
#188re: Adam Pascal Appearance Dates
Posted: 4/5/06 at 4:46pm

emcee - some of them laughed (giggled i guess) when he started "Maria". i thought it was weird - i loved his version, it was cool. what did he say when they asked silly questions like his shoe size & all that crap? the only funny part was when he took off his coat, everyone started screaming and he goes, "take it off, yeah! how comes larry never has to take it off?" then the girls started screaming for larry. did you like larry's song? i loved it - he was wonderful on the piano. i wonder if his wife is going to go to any of the shows.

luvtheEmcee
#189re: Adam Pascal Appearance Dates
Posted: 4/5/06 at 4:50pm

He began with Maria by saying that he never much liked it until he heard Billy Porter's version (people cheered a LOT for Billy). Adam continued to say that hearing Billy's arrangement inspired him to try to make one that was unique to himself. People didn't much laugh at that, but for some weird reason, they found it absolutely hysterical when he hit that last high note during the riffs in I'm With You. He really let it go, but still. Funny? *shrug*

He seemed amused; it's not like he didn't catch the correlation between asking shoe size and then what sort of underwear he wears. Amused in a "wow, this is... weird" kind of way, but amused no less.

When people were screaming for him to take off his coat, he was sort of like ".... it's just a coat."

Larry did sing one song; I have no idea if he's been singing the same one at each show, but I liked it.

TheActr97J Profile Photo
TheActr97J
#190re: Adam Pascal Appearance Dates
Posted: 4/5/06 at 5:04pm

4 MORE DAYS!!!!!!

**dies**

"I seem to have wandered into the BRAIN load-out thread... "
-best12bars

"Sorry I am a Theatre major not a English Major"
-skibumb5290

luvtheEmcee
#191re: Adam Pascal Appearance Dates
Posted: 4/5/06 at 5:29pm

Have fun!

downtowndiva84
#192re: Adam Pascal Appearance Dates
Posted: 4/5/06 at 8:20pm

Thank you so much to everyone who's been giving such in-depth info about the shows! I am so excited for tomorrow nite I can't even speak about it...

Coin operated boy All the other real ones that I destroy Cannot hold a candle to my new boy and I'll Never let him go and I'll never be alone Not with my coin-operated boy

TheActr97J Profile Photo
TheActr97J
#193re: Adam Pascal Appearance Dates
Posted: 4/5/06 at 9:09pm

I WILL! re: Adam Pascal Appearance Dates

"I seem to have wandered into the BRAIN load-out thread... "
-best12bars

"Sorry I am a Theatre major not a English Major"
-skibumb5290

EverythingIsRENT Profile Photo
EverythingIsRENT
#194re: Adam Pascal Appearance Dates
Posted: 4/5/06 at 9:16pm

*sob* why am I forever barred from seeing him in concert just ONCE!?! Life sucks! *pout*

Sunchips: Best Kept Secret in the chip aisle!!

zippyjen Profile Photo
zippyjen
#195re: Adam Pascal Appearance Dates
Posted: 4/5/06 at 11:40pm

yeah so i went tonight. I was dissapointed but i think in part that has to do with the cordinators of the event and the venue, and a certain guy who did tech who was very rude (for a personal reason). Anywho, i felt as thought his voice was too strong for the accoustic arrangments. I have seen him at the knitting facotry and i feel as thought he does much better with a full band. One thing i loved about the performance was his rendition of maybe this time. Cabaret is one of my favorite shows and his version was so heart wrenching and heartfelt. However, i was dissapointed in his rendition of Maria. It just didn't seem to fit him and it just seemed very odd. When he talked about the birth of his own son, it was very cute and from what i got the audience loved it. They also loved the tech story. Everyone in the audience went crazy over glory, for obvious reasons. And his springstein cover was also nice but he forgot to mention it was springstein. oops lol. In fact i thought it was an elvis costello song and i am a music hoar! After the show, many people waited for him to come out but he never did. However Larry was taking pictures and talking to everyone. He was very sweet. So maybe the night wasn't as bad as i thought but it wasn't what i was quite hoping for.

"At the opening night party, they had clowns on stilts, jugglers, a chocolate fountain, popcorn, hot dogs. [My son] looked at me like I had been holding back. Like, 'This is what you do?' I had to tell him, 'No, no, darling. Opening nights don't usually look like this.' It's usually a dark bar with a bottle of vodka." ?Chitty Chitty Bang Bang's Jan Maxwell plus i proudly share the title of the shortest member over the age of 10 with wickedrentq!

luvtheEmcee
#196re: Adam Pascal Appearance Dates
Posted: 4/5/06 at 11:49pm

I like him better with his band, too.

#197re: Adam Pascal Appearance Dates
Posted: 4/5/06 at 11:51pm

Thanks for the review!

That's unfortunate to hear that he didn't come out. I guess he really is only doing the meet and greets if they're pre-arranged.

How was the crowd? And what's the "tech story"?

luvtheEmcee
#198re: Adam Pascal Appearance Dates
Posted: 4/5/06 at 11:53pm

The tech story is his little demonstration for what it's like to be in tech. He recorded Model Prisoner in tech for Aida, and he says that tech is a NIGHTMARE. So he'll demonstrate why: you stand there for 12 hours a day while they test the lights. Move left. Stand there. Move right. Stand there. Now move back. Stand there. So Adam shuffles around the stage, looking all perturbed. :)

zippyjen Profile Photo
zippyjen
#199re: Adam Pascal Appearance Dates
Posted: 4/5/06 at 11:59pm

yeah that tech story was so funny and even non-drama kids laughed. the crowd was very small. In fact he joked that the venue looked like a high school and yes it did. Mind you Simmons doesn't have a drama program, only a small drama club so the stage is pretty ****ty. In fact i cleaned it today for him and it still looked like crap. He performed on the ground (not the stage) and there were just some seats with people sitting, maybe 50 or a little more. They could have easily filled it with so many more people and they should of since the show sold out really quickly.