pixeltracker

New JEKYLL & HYDE: RESURRECTION Sound Clips- Page 4

New JEKYLL & HYDE: RESURRECTION Sound Clips

Fosse76
#75re: New JEKYLL & HYDE: RESURRECTION Sound Clips
Posted: 7/18/06 at 5:12pm

" Remember the old days, when musicians and singers made records, and people listened to them? The recording didn't have to be associated with a TV show, or DVD or a staged production. It was "simply" music to listen to."

Actually, in the "old days," albums were produced to promote an artist's upcoming concert tour. It's only been a recent trend that the tours are now designed to promote the album.

halyiaganitefiz
#76re: New JEKYLL & HYDE: RESURRECTION Sound Clips
Posted: 7/19/06 at 1:47am

Okay. Wow. Wildhorn seems to get more 90's rock/power ballad the farther we go into the future. :

That being said, however, I listened to every clip... and the stuff that I heard that I liked (in that terrible, guilty pleasure kind of way) or laughed out loud at WAY outnumbered the stuff I gagged at.

The verdict on my part is that it will definitely be purchased and used exclusively for blasting in the car while driving at night and while crossing the campus for classes.

*bangs gavel*

CATSNYrevival Profile Photo
CATSNYrevival
#77re: New JEKYLL & HYDE: RESURRECTION Sound Clips
Posted: 7/27/06 at 11:02pm

I didn't want to start my own thread. I just got my Korean import of the CD today. I like it a lot. There are definitely some things that I don't like, but overall it's very enjoyable. "Alive" is kick as$ and it's great to finally have Rob Evan on record singing Jekyll and Hyde. He's the highlight of the CD for me. I'm not too found of some of the vocalizing the girls do on "Someone Like You" and "Once Upon A Dream", but that could be stuff that'll just end up growing on me. It's a nice CD to have.

AuditioningWaitress
#78re: New JEKYLL & HYDE: RESURRECTION Sound Clips
Posted: 7/28/06 at 1:16am

I got my Korean import of it the other day too. I liked it much more than I thought I would. I just bought it because I'm still not sure it will ever see the light of day here in the US!

anthonycbaron@mac.co Profile Photo
anthonycbaron@mac.co
#79re: New JEKYLL & HYDE: RESURRECTION Sound Clips
Posted: 7/28/06 at 2:30am

In other news, what happened to the Dracula CD?

EponineAmneris Profile Photo
EponineAmneris
#80re: New JEKYLL & HYDE: RESURRECTION Sound Clips
Posted: 8/20/06 at 6:17pm

****BUMP****

Just a reminder- this is out on Tuesday re: New JEKYLL & HYDE: RESURRECTION Sound Clips

"TO LOVE ANOTHER PERSON IS TO SEE THE FACE OF GOD"- LES MISERABLES--- "THERE'S A SPECIAL KIND OF PEOPLE KNOWN AS SHOW PEOPLE... WE'RE BORN EVERY NIGHT AT HALF HOUR CALL!"--- CURTAINS

MrBundles Profile Photo
MrBundles
#81re: New JEKYLL & HYDE: RESURRECTION Sound Clips
Posted: 8/20/06 at 6:28pm

I also have the Korean import cd....wonderful!

Your fupa is showing.

EponineAmneris
#82re: New JEKYLL & HYDE: RESURRECTION Sound Clips
Posted: 8/22/06 at 12:29pm

https://www.broadwayworld.com/viewcolumn.cfm?colid=11485

I have looked everywhere here and I can not find it re: New JEKYLL & HYDE: RESURRECTION Sound Clips I hope it shows up soon.

"TO LOVE ANOTHER PERSON IS TO SEE THE FACE OF GOD"- LES MISERABLES--- "THERE'S A SPECIAL KIND OF PEOPLE KNOWN AS SHOW PEOPLE... WE'RE BORN EVERY NIGHT AT HALF HOUR CALL!"--- CURTAINS
Updated On: 8/22/06 at 12:29 PM

ACTlete676 Profile Photo
ACTlete676
#83re: New JEKYLL & HYDE: RESURRECTION Sound Clips
Posted: 8/22/06 at 12:53pm

"what is the point of this cd"

New Line Cinema is making a movie of J&H and they wanted it more pop. Wildhorn always wanted it to be more of a rock show to begin with.

Who says blondes have more fun on the French Riviera?

Jeremy Roberts
#84re: New JEKYLL & HYDE: RESURRECTION Sound Clips
Posted: 8/22/06 at 1:08pm

New Line Cinema is making a movie of J&H and they wanted it more pop. Wildhorn always wanted it to be more of a rock show to begin with.

Not exactly... we started recording this CD well before there was a movie planned. The film producers did not hear this record until it was mastered (and yes, they love it) --

Please remember (and I'm gonna sound like a broken record saying this) - this recording has NOTHING to do with any staging, or any conceived staging.... "Ressurection" is "simply" a recording - a listening experience. We are not trying to represent a staging, or any visual elements... we ARE bringing our new dramatic take on the story...

I wold hope people judge it after hearing it.

PS -- if anyone is having difficulty finding it at your local retailer in the US, please send me a PM, or go to my website, and send me email using the "contact us" form. Our distributor assured us that we will be in retail stores... we can work this if we know where the CD is not in stock. Thanks in advance to anyone who contacts us on this...

luvliza89 Profile Photo
luvliza89
#85re: New JEKYLL & HYDE: RESURRECTION Sound Clips
Posted: 8/22/06 at 1:15pm

"Bring On The Men" is a personal favorite of mine. Hearing this new recording of the song...well, is there anything new about it? I guess I'd have to listen to the entire thing, but Linda Eder's version seems to be the ultimate.

And that back beat in "Dangerous Game"...well it's not my taste. But with that said I know I'll end up buying the full album and make sure to get a better listen.

jasonf Profile Photo
jasonf
#86re: New JEKYLL & HYDE: RESURRECTION Sound Clips
Posted: 8/22/06 at 2:52pm

It's available on itunes now...

Hi, Shirley Temple Pudding.

Jeremy Roberts
#87re: New JEKYLL & HYDE: RESURRECTION Sound Clips
Posted: 8/22/06 at 3:05pm

It's available on itunes now

One thing to know -- on 4 tracks, the iTunes Music Store versions are ever so slightly different...

Since we have 3 big "segues" on this CD -- iTunes offered us the option of providing "non-segued" mixes -- on 3 occasions on the CD, there are overlaps and segues -- on the CD -- it is seamless... on iTunes, we re-mixed and ended or faded the songs out (and the overlap is not part of the iTunes version).

In case you were thinking about the CD vs. iTunes - the CD with the segues is pretty cool... just wanted to let everyone know about the very slight difference (and as an audio geek, full-bandwidth CD will always sound better to me than AAC files, but I'm an audio geek).

jasonf Profile Photo
jasonf
#88re: New JEKYLL & HYDE: RESURRECTION Sound Clips
Posted: 8/22/06 at 3:07pm

the difference isn't that big a deal to me -- I'd rather pay 5 dollars less. Sorry :)

Hi, Shirley Temple Pudding.

luvliza89 Profile Photo
luvliza89
#89re: New JEKYLL & HYDE: RESURRECTION Sound Clips
Posted: 8/22/06 at 3:11pm

jasonf, same here.
When things are cheap I go for them, what can I say?

etoile
#90re: New JEKYLL & HYDE: RESURRECTION Sound Clips
Posted: 8/22/06 at 4:18pm

I take no pleasure in saying that I found this last evening at a Borders and am sorry I bought it. It is without a doubt my least favorite Wildhorn CD.

Rest in peace, Iflitifloat.

luvliza89 Profile Photo
luvliza89
#91re: New JEKYLL & HYDE: RESURRECTION Sound Clips
Posted: 8/22/06 at 4:53pm

Here's my mini-review (mini because I have not listened to all the songs):

PROLOGUE/I NEED TO KNOW:
Solid introduction, I think. The electric guitar is a bit much, but I have always like this song and Rob Evans voice is sublime in it. Like Lippa's Wild Party the electric guitar seems out of place. I understand that this album is focusing on adding flavor and retracting the theatrics, but it somehow doesn't find the right balance. It is Rob Evans that saves this track.

BRING ON THE MEN:
This was the track that I was looking forward to the most. It turned out to be the most dissapointing. The music overpowers the vocals in places and there seems be to much orchestral flair that takes away from the piece. If it were purely an instrumental version this could work. But with vocals it doesn't and falls flat a lot for me. Linda Eder, where are you?

GIRLS OF THE NIGHT:
This I thought was one of the better tracks. The music has the right touch, and this is a good example of adding a different flavor to the song and still having it work. Again the vocals seem a bit drowned out, but it isn't that bad.

NO ONE KNOWS WHO I AM:
It's nice enough. The orchestrations take away from the vocals again it seems. The piano is doing all these things in the background when to me this is a very personal song and should be presented as such and focus more on the voice and message and not so much the music.

DANGEROUS GAME:
Wow. Um, what to say? From the odd "It's a dangerous game" at the beginning to the awkward back beat this song seems to lose a lot in this transition. The song was incredibly sexy and dangerous before. But this kind of rap background does nothing to add to that effect.

Overall it seems like a good effort but simply doesn't deliver in the places that it should.

Bottom line, stick with the original two disk set. You'll be a lot happier.

All_For_Laura Profile Photo
All_For_Laura
#92re: New JEKYLL & HYDE: RESURRECTION Sound Clips
Posted: 8/22/06 at 4:56pm

Earlier this year I saw this concert with this cast here in NJ. Let me just say, me and my whole family were terribly dissapointed. Not only were the 3 cast members weak (Rob Evans continually forgot lyrics), but the new rockier feel did not work. It was just dissapointing.

...What happened next, was stranger still, a woman breathless and afraid, appeared out of the night, completely dressed in white. She had a secret she would tell, of one who had mistreated her. Her face and frightened gaze, my mind cannot erase...But then she ran from view. She looked so much like you...

EponineAmneris
#93re: New JEKYLL & HYDE: RESURRECTION Sound Clips
Posted: 8/22/06 at 5:00pm

Just checked my Borders and Best Buy... They did not have it. The people at Borders gave me some story about it being released back in April???? Said they could order it? Ugh. Hopefully I'll find it soon.

Updated On: 8/22/06 at 05:00 PM

cfm3
#94re: New JEKYLL & HYDE: RESURRECTION Sound Clips
Posted: 8/22/06 at 5:10pm

I purchased mine at Borders this morning.

I've listened to it twice while working. I initially didn't care for some of the clips on the website, but am finding the recording a great joy. Is it different, yes. Is it the best of the existing recordings, probably not. However, I really like it and find the leads great. I'm especially impressed with Rob's performance. The opening prologue is fantastic.

As for Rob forgetting his lines during a concert, I find that hard to believe but I guess it's possible. The man has played the role 600+ times, and I found him to be the best Jekyll in the subpar Broadway version. Many friends saw the concert version and thoroughly enjoyed it. To each their own.
Updated On: 8/22/06 at 05:10 PM

Videos