News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for luvliza89

luvliza89 Profile Photo
Member Name: luvliza89
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Streisand Question  Jan 13 2008, 11:22:13 PM
Song: "Down With Love" from The Second Barbra Streisand Album or "Napoleon" from her Bon Soir days.

Bway Song: Cornet Man. Simply flawless.

Album: Easily, The Second Barbra Streisand Album. Although Butterfly is gorgeous and doesn't seem to get the recognition.

Movie: What's Up Doc?

TV Special: Color Me Barbra

re: BWW Announces Winners of 'GIVE US YOUR VOICE' Disney's THE LITTLE MERMA  Dec 9 2007, 07:04:30 PM
This is one of the most ridiculous threads I've seen on BWW.

It is quite clear that there is animosity from Nick's group of fans (though frankly it seems transparent that most of these people arguing are probably his friends) that seems to me unfairly placed to BWW. Please ask yourselves why would BWW change the voting? What possibly would they gain with having Nick lose? It makes zero sense to me.

Nick's video was posted on a lot of sites this is true. It was on "Oh No They Di

re: Funny Girl Broadway Cast or Film Recording  Jul 30 2007, 09:15:18 PM
I used to think that Barbra's voice grew in artistic style between the two recordings. But listening to her live club work from before she started Funny Girl, and from what I've read about her, I don't think this is so much the case.

Barbra wanted to have the same vocal flair for the Broadway production as she did the movie, but wasnt she told to have a more 'legit' sounding Broadway voice? Without all her inflections and such?

re: Funny Girl Broadway Cast or Film Recording  Jul 30 2007, 04:04:47 PM
The Broadway Cast Album has "Cornet Man" and to me, that alone makes in the winner. I truely think this is where Barbra shines the most on the album, with "The Music The Makes Me Dance" being the other contender.

I used to prefer Barbra's vocals on the movie soundtrack. But now I'm not so sure. Listening to the soundtrack Barbra sounds like well, Barbra. With all her vocal flair and jazz effects I think she loses a bit as Fanny. She's playing more Barbra and less Fanny. But with the cas

re: The DEFINITIVE 'And I Am Telling You'.  Jul 9 2007, 06:31:06 PM
Marilyn Michaels' Barbra was supposedly dead on, but I never heard it. Then again I've never heard anyone quite get Barbra just right.
re: FULL Film Soundtrack of HAIRSPRAY -- Now available in stream audio!  Jul 9 2007, 06:27:59 PM
I know it's early, and the soundtrack is only being released tomorrow, but...do you think the sheet music for Ladies Choice will be released soon? It's so delightful I can't wait to play it!
re: FULL Film Soundtrack of HAIRSPRAY -- Now available in stream audio!  Jul 9 2007, 02:18:39 PM
"Without Love" has been played non-stop since I first heard it. It's simply perfect. Zac is beyond adorable as is the rest of the cast.

Amazing.

re: Judy & Mickey MGM DVD Box Set in September  Jun 11 2007, 08:10:59 PM
Wonderful =]
re: Streisand: Live in Concert  May 13 2007, 08:36:57 PM
"Besides the 'crazy' fans, who will buy?"

For not being one of the 'crazy' fans you always seem to make your voice heard whenever Barbra is mentioned.

You also seem to know a lot about both the CD itself and the extra different tracks. So you must care enough to know about such things.

Mmmmmmm.

re: Gilmore Girls: The Musical!  May 7 2007, 09:28:30 PM
I'm not letting this Dawson idea just lie dead. Just picture it...

Joey:
The stars set the same scene
Each night as they have before
I row my boat across the creek
To catch a glimpse of the boy next door

Oh, Dawson Leery
Won't you look my way?
I climb to your window,
and hope and pray
We've known each other since childhood
But lately my thoughts of you border on the more risque

Come on, it so could work.

re: Gilmore Girls: The Musical!  May 7 2007, 09:16:16 PM
I would rather...DAWSONS CREEK: THE MUSICAL!

Just me then?

re: Worst Broadway Song Ever  May 6 2007, 06:31:07 PM
I actually like "Little Lamb". But that's not too surprising since most of what I like is hated by other's =P

My pick:
Certainly not the worst, but one song I don't care for is "Who Taught Her Everything" from FUNNY GIRL.

re: 'How Lucky Can You Get?' 4 of Broadway's Best to Tour Europe with Strei  Apr 30 2007, 09:21:38 PM
Barbra with TALENTED men this time. To bad she didn't have that thought when she came to Boston.
re: 'Hedwig' is coming back to Off-Broadway!!  Apr 26 2007, 03:49:09 PM
So thrilled.
re: Favorite moment in a Movie Musical  Apr 19 2007, 04:19:28 PM
Marilyn Monroe sliding down the pole singing "My Heart Belongs To Daddy" in LET'S MAKE LOVE.
re: Favorite moment in a Movie Musical  Apr 18 2007, 05:29:52 PM
"[Babs] probably has never looked more beautiful on screen, actually".

While she did look amazing, I think she looked her best in "What's Up Doc?" when she's lying on top of the piano with her amazingly gorgeous, golden, straight hair. She is breathtaking there.

Annnnd I don't understand why "All That Jazz" is so amazing. I felt it was butchered with a lot of silly shots of a foot here, or a garter there. I would have preffered a better choreographic camera arrangement. Felt th

re: ...does this freak anyone else out? (Into the Woods)  Apr 18 2007, 09:45:53 AM
I was never a fan of the OLCR. Just never did it for me.

But after viewing this clip, I would have liked to see the whole production. It feels as though it truly were a fairy tale. The wolf's head practically screams just that. I don't know, but it seems to work when you actually see it as opposed to just listening. I like it =)

re: Favorite moment in a Movie Musical  Apr 8 2007, 05:02:40 PM
The "Born in a Trunk" sequence in "A Star is Born" with Judy Garland is the defination of sublime.

re: Funny Girl at Lincoln Center?  Apr 7 2007, 08:47:45 PM
This is the only role I would do anything to be able to play. But will never be able to =(
re: Riedel: Refunds Rampant after GREASE Finale  Apr 5 2007, 04:08:54 PM
I actually think Max is very attractive.

But that's besides the point. Nothing new is being said here. Same old, same old. I also actually thought that besides Jenny Powers, the rest of the Broadway cast looked like a major bore. At least Max and Laura had amazing energy.

I am not a fan of Grease, but I have opening night tickets because I think Max and Laura are great talents.

=)

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You