News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for anthonycbaron@mac.co

anthonycbaron@mac.co Profile Photo
Member Name: anthonycbaron@mac.co
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Finalists for the role of Nellie in South Pacific
 Aug 31 2008, 04:56:41 PM
Was Reba ever seriously considered for the role?
re: Best 'Make It Work' instance from you theatre past..
 Aug 15 2008, 01:24:28 PM
yes it is illegal to cut/extract/alter/add/modify in anyway the show compared to the original script.

More of a side comment, but it would seem that small modifications to the orchestra music for scene changes and so forth must happen frequently. I would assume those are also technically not allowed, jut probably not noticed as frequently.

Gypsy Vacations
 Aug 15 2008, 12:56:20 PM
Anyone out of Gypsy September 9-11?
re: Who hasn't played Norma Desmond but should play Norma Desmond
 Aug 10 2008, 11:22:48 PM
Hopefully Pelosi will come to broadway to star in that Evita sequel we all can't wait to be announced....

What about Patti? lol

Seriously, I'd like to see Bernadette do it.

re: Sunset Boulevard...
 Aug 10 2008, 02:00:25 PM
Perhaps after Equs, we can get Kate Mulgrew to star as Norma....
re: 'The Glorious Ones' Cast Recording?
 Jul 30 2008, 09:07:25 PM
Any further new on this recording?
re: Vacation Schedules - South pacific
 Jul 26 2008, 10:14:26 PM
thanks!
Vacation Schedules - South pacific
 Jul 26 2008, 02:06:47 PM
Hi Everyone,

I'm looking to order South Pacific tickets for sometime this fall. Are there any announced vacation days for the leads yet?

All Good Things Must End.... -- The Little Mermaid
 May 27 2008, 11:36:07 PM
Why did they take this song out? I thought it was one of the best new pieces in the little mermaid demo...

I wonder if they thought it was too similar to I Want the Good Times Back? Or that it was lyrically too contradictory to that piece?

Too bad they couldn't have found a way to either work it into the show, or short of that, release Sherri Renee Scott singing it... I would love to hear her take on the piece!

THE PLOT THICKENS!
 Mar 26 2008, 09:44:43 AM
Richard Maltby will now be writing the lyrics to the sequel of the Phantom of the Opera.
re: help identifying South Pacific lyrics
 Mar 25 2008, 12:12:29 AM
what id the rnt revival?
who are those alternate lyrics credited to?

they seem so clumsy compared to the real ones.

SISTER ACT- WEST END
 Mar 25 2008, 12:09:06 AM
I am a huge alan menken fan, but I am just confused as to why he was brought onto this project given the fact Shaiman is a huge broadway name in his own right, and he actually did all the arrangements for the sister act film.

I haven't seen the show, I"m just leery of it coming to broadway without any of the songs people have learned to love and associate with the film. The "popified" church hymns and tunes were so much of the magic of that film, and it just seems strange thinking this

re: Menken's King David
 Mar 25 2008, 12:04:19 AM
I think this piece should be reworked and made slightly more intimate and have Menken & Rice turn it into the "oratorio" they really saw it as. For a variety of reasons the piece could not lend itself to being performed again in a broadway house. A 46 person chorus? A 54 piece orchestra? Who would dare to hope they would ever recoup that investment?

This is the type of thing that could be staged for a few nights only, preferably in a non-for-profit venue, or a "mega church" or somet

re: Brian Stokes Mitchell at McCarter Theater- 2/15/08
 Feb 16 2008, 11:33:29 PM
I was there last night as it was across the street from my college, and he was great! Such a class act, a through and through performer. So much of everything -- standards, broadway, etc. So happy to have seen him at McCarter, just wish I would have had cash on me (only had the Credit Card) so I could have picked up one of his signed CDs.
re: O'Brien to Direct and Crowley to Design Lloyd Webber's 'Phantom' Sequel
 Dec 22 2007, 08:24:47 PM
Shouldn't he pick a lyricist first?
re: NY Times Sunday :In Broadway Dispute, Both Sides Agree: It’s All About
 Nov 24 2007, 08:33:51 PM
without any talks... how can anyone know that agreements are being made?
re: Photos : Frankenstein (the OFF-Brodway musical)
 Nov 24 2007, 02:09:29 PM
Is this show hated because it's score is very Wilhordian? Or is there more to it than that?
re: Predictions for the end of the strike?
 Nov 22 2007, 07:44:04 PM
I suspect the writers will end before they do. I also think this is going to drone on until close to Christmas.
re: Zhivago Coming to Broadway - Official Website
 Nov 22 2007, 11:30:34 AM
I know a lot of people love the score to Secret Garden -- I for one think it is one of the most boring excuses for a Musical Score.

Boublil & Schornberg would have been better probably, I agree.

But why not whoever wrote Grey Gardens? Or even Guettel?

re: Are musicals expensive for you?
 Nov 8 2007, 04:22:34 PM
To me, over $100 for a broadway show is a bit absurd, but I do understand why it is that expensive.

Let's face it, live entertainment is a huge comodity these days and it is a huge liability and expense for investors. My only question is why these shows have to spend so much money on spectacle to be good.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You