Tarzan: 3.31.06

alli2
#0Tarzan: 3.31.06
Posted: 4/1/06 at 1:03am

WOW, that's all I have to say about this show! This show is stunning and very entertaining. I wasn't in love with the music until act 2, really. Jenn can't act, IMO, but she can certainly sing. Alex Rutherford was great, wow, he's impressive for a young kid!

Props to Josh Strickland. I hope he gets a TONY nod! Merle Dandrige, Chester Gregory, and Shuler Hensley were other highlights for the show as well! Basically most of the leads. I feel like they spent a lot of time watching apes move around and took really hardcore notes, because they had the movement down WELL.

My favorite part had to be the opening scene, with the mother and father 'swimming' to the oceans surface after the ship went down. Oh, and Josh swinging down for his first appearance in the show!

This show was just WOW, that's all I can really say for now. Everyone should go see it! if you want to see what i had to take down.. PM me! Updated On: 4/1/06 at 01:03 AM

MeGustaJake
#1re: Tarzan: 3.31.06
Posted: 4/1/06 at 1:13am

Thanks for the review and pictures. I can't wait to see the show in May!

Michael Bennett Profile Photo
Michael Bennett
#2re: Tarzan: 3.31.06
Posted: 4/1/06 at 1:17am

Wow, Josh Strickland is like scrawny! Not buff at all...I'm really surprised Disney didn't try to bulk him up a bit.

The show does look interesting - I'm excited to see it.

alli2
#3re: Tarzan: 3.31.06
Posted: 4/1/06 at 1:18am

i think Josh looks just fine. in the jungle, swinging on vines, he wouldn't be fat necessarily, but he definitely would be like, a body builder. he has muscles, his legs are ALL muscle. i think to have "Tarzan" be really buff would be unrealistic.

just my opinion :)

blaxx Profile Photo
blaxx
#4re: Tarzan: 3.31.06
Posted: 4/1/06 at 1:19am

Now you guys can believe me! Here is the proof!
Maybe we can send some protein to his dressing room re: Tarzan: 3.31.06

Listen, I don't take my clothes off for anyone, even if it is "artistic". - JANICE

blaxx Profile Photo
blaxx
#5re: Tarzan: 3.31.06
Posted: 4/1/06 at 1:21am

Maybe so, but he really is nothing I expect Tarzan's body to look like...
Oh by the way, I think those pics may be deleted (or the link, I mean).

Listen, I don't take my clothes off for anyone, even if it is "artistic". - JANICE

blaxx Profile Photo
blaxx
#6re: Tarzan: 3.31.06
Posted: 4/1/06 at 1:21am

Updated On: 4/1/06 at 01:21 AM

Michael Bennett
#7re: Tarzan: 3.31.06
Posted: 4/1/06 at 1:22am

Fair enough but its not really a realistic show, and he was sure buff in the cartoon...

re: Tarzan: 3.31.06

alli2
#8re: Tarzan: 3.31.06
Posted: 4/1/06 at 1:28am

josh's legs do look like those legs... his arms just aren't as big, heh.

HeyMrMusic Profile Photo
HeyMrMusic
#9re: Tarzan: 3.31.06
Posted: 4/1/06 at 1:29am

Thanks for the pics and the comments. I think Josh looks hot! I can't wait to see this.

~Steven

FosseBoi
#10re: Tarzan: 3.31.06
Posted: 4/1/06 at 1:32am

Yeah, I dont care about the pic. thing, but a lot of people on here might bash you for taking pic.s and posting them...however you just posted a link and didnt post then on here so they may not bash you.

Anyway, thanks for the pic.s and for the little review!re: Tarzan: 3.31.06

"I've always secretly longed for an actress to get to the top of the cherry picker and projectile vomit all over the guards below."- Wonderwaiter in the "Defy Gravity?" thread. ~~~~~~~~My dream? Sutton Foster as Cassie in A Chorus Line

FosseBoi
#11re: Tarzan: 3.31.06
Posted: 4/1/06 at 1:36am

WHats with that stupid wig!? Why dont they just let him use his own pretty hair!? I think his hair fits better for the role than that wig...ugh!

"I've always secretly longed for an actress to get to the top of the cherry picker and projectile vomit all over the guards below."- Wonderwaiter in the "Defy Gravity?" thread. ~~~~~~~~My dream? Sutton Foster as Cassie in A Chorus Line
Updated On: 4/1/06 at 01:36 AM

TheatreDiva90016 Profile Photo
TheatreDiva90016
#12re: Tarzan: 3.31.06
Posted: 4/1/06 at 1:41am

Let me be the first....

So, I guess the notice in the playbill about not taking pictures doesn't apply to you?

VERY ILLEGAL

"TheatreDiva90016 - another good reason to frequent these boards less."<<>> “I hesitate to give this line of discussion the validation it so desperately craves by perpetuating it, but the light from logic is getting further and further away with your every successive post.” <<>> -whatever2

alli2
#13re: Tarzan: 3.31.06
Posted: 4/1/06 at 1:45am

what pictures? re: Tarzan: 3.31.06

liotte Profile Photo
liotte
#14re: Tarzan: 3.31.06
Posted: 4/1/06 at 1:48am

Ooh, sneaky!

TheatreDiva90016
#15re: Tarzan: 3.31.06
Posted: 4/1/06 at 1:49am

Thanks.

Sorry to be a party pooper, but there are reasons for the rule.

Glad you enjoyed the show.

"TheatreDiva90016 - another good reason to frequent these boards less."<<>> “I hesitate to give this line of discussion the validation it so desperately craves by perpetuating it, but the light from logic is getting further and further away with your every successive post.” <<>> -whatever2

Michael Bennett
#16re: Tarzan: 3.31.06
Posted: 4/1/06 at 1:51am

I love how people on the message boards to scream ILLEGAL are always the first to look themselves.

#17re: Tarzan: 3.31.06
Posted: 4/1/06 at 1:51am

Gee. Everytime I go to the theatre there is an annoucement that says something like, "the taking of photographs is prohibited."

It would never occur to me to take a camea into the theatre and take picturs of the cat, much less confron th cat.

unless, of cous, i was with Boobs

TheatreDiva90016
#18re: Tarzan: 3.31.06
Posted: 4/1/06 at 1:53am

I had to make sure there was something to scream about before screaming.

I'd feel silly if there weren't any pictures up.

And I'm with Fosseboi, that wig is nasty. Why DIDN'T they use his own silky hair?

Michael Bennett
#19re: Tarzan: 3.31.06
Posted: 4/1/06 at 1:55am

The pictures were of the front of the theater and the curtain call. The same pictures will be on every website when the press real is released. Whoop dee for the theatre police.

And yes I agree with his hair. I assumed that was one of the main reasons he had it. The wig looks like the Witch in INTO THE WOODS
Updated On: 4/1/06 at 01:55 AM

TheatreDiva90016
#20re: Tarzan: 3.31.06
Posted: 4/1/06 at 1:58am

Michael,

You are missing the point. When Disney posts them, then we can all enjoy ourselves.

Relax.

Michael Bennett
#21re: Tarzan: 3.31.06
Posted: 4/1/06 at 2:10am

I'm not mising the point Diva, I know why pictures are "illegal" it just bothers me when posters on the forum try to act like moderators.

TheatreDiva90016
#22re: Tarzan: 3.31.06
Posted: 4/1/06 at 3:09am

Seems like Jose' agrees with me.

Chill out.

FosseBoi
#23re: Tarzan: 3.31.06
Posted: 4/1/06 at 3:20am

Back to the hair...when I see dread locks I think of Bob Marly. Hmmm...Bob Marly and Tarzan TOTALLY go together!

* If I misspelled his name, I apologize to any of his fans!

TheatreDiva90016
#24re: Tarzan: 3.31.06
Posted: 4/1/06 at 3:49am

You are right. In the movie, his hair was dark and flowing, not blond and nasty looking.....

Maybe they'll ditch it by opening night....

I hope.

Videos