Rosie as Madame Thenardier?

BluCat500 Profile Photo
BluCat500
#0Rosie as Madame Thenardier?
Posted: 4/7/06 at 4:47pm

Hopefully I'm not missing a thread on this...

But in this weeks issue of people it states that Rosie O'Donnell wishes to play Madame Thenardier in the upcoming production of Les Mis.

Considering she was just seen at Waterbury at Les Mis, I wonder if this is more than just her fantasy...

I'm vaguely terrified.

So I was sitting in my cubicle today, and I realized, ever since I started working, every single day of my life has been worse than the day before it. So that means that every single day that you see me, that's on the worst day of my life.~Office Space
Updated On: 4/7/06 at 04:47 PM

mortgageguy79 Profile Photo
mortgageguy79
#1re: Rosie as Madame Thenardier?
Posted: 4/7/06 at 4:53pm

That makes me quiver a little bit (and not in a good way)....

Jack: For your information, most people who meet me do not know that I am gay. Will: Jack, blind and deaf people know you're gay. Dead people know you're gay. Jack: Grace, when you first met me, did you know I was gay? Grace: My dog knew.

Holly Therese Profile Photo
Holly Therese
#2re: Rosie as Madame Thenardier?

Oh please don't let this be true...

"You know, with the right volume, Patti LuPone can make a car bounce, too...." -Wonderwaiter

lesmisforever Profile Photo
lesmisforever
#3re: Rosie as Madame Thenardier?

She doesn't have the range, does she?

"I have a fever, and the only prescription is more cowbell!"

Fosse76
#4re: Rosie as Madame Thenardier?

It's not a heavy singing role...and she is a comedienne. It could work.

Gothampc
#5re: Rosie as Madame Thenardier?
Posted: 4/7/06 at 4:54pm

She also wanted to play Mrs. Weasley in the Harry Potter movies, but there is a God.

If anyone ever tells you that you put too much Parmesan cheese on your pasta, stop talking to them. You don't need that kind of negativity in your life.

adamgreer Profile Photo
adamgreer
#6re: Rosie as Madame Thenardier?
Posted: 4/7/06 at 5:02pm

Just a second though...is this not a role she can play? It's not as if she's stated she wants to play Fantine. I've many wonderful Madame Thenardier's who weren't great singers. I actually think Rosie might be able to pull this off (and I'm far from a fan of hers)

BobbyBubby Profile Photo
BobbyBubby
#7re: Rosie as Madame Thenardier?
Posted: 4/7/06 at 5:04pm

Yeah, it's doesn't have to be a vocal challenge. She actually could make it work.

BluCat500 Profile Photo
BluCat500
#8re: Rosie as Madame Thenardier?
Posted: 4/7/06 at 5:05pm

I actually think she can do it on some level, but it seems a bit disappointing having someone who can pull it off as opposed to someone who could blow it away...

Here's hoping for a vocally competent cast!

So I was sitting in my cubicle today, and I realized, ever since I started working, every single day of my life has been worse than the day before it. So that means that every single day that you see me, that's on the worst day of my life.~Office Space

blaxx Profile Photo
blaxx
#9re: Rosie as Madame Thenardier?
Posted: 4/7/06 at 5:05pm

She doesn't have what range?
If you mean acting, I don't think this is the case - I think she'd be good.

Listen, I don't take my clothes off for anyone, even if it is "artistic". - JANICE

lesmisforever Profile Photo
lesmisforever
#10re: Rosie as Madame Thenardier?
Posted: 4/7/06 at 5:08pm

Yeah, I like Rosie because from the stuff I've read by her and heard from her, she seems to be a genuinely nice person. I COULD see her as Madame Thenardier, but I guess I would just prefer see someone else in the role (though I'm probably not going to be able to see it anyone).

"I have a fever, and the only prescription is more cowbell!"

EponineThenardier Profile Photo
EponineThenardier
#11re: Rosie as Madame Thenardier?
Posted: 4/7/06 at 5:14pm

I know Les Mis is her favorite show. I wouldn't be the slightest bit surprised if she is doing everything in her power to get the role.

BluCat500 Profile Photo
BluCat500
#12re: Rosie as Madame Thenardier?
Posted: 4/7/06 at 5:16pm

Hehe, well with Rosie as Madame Thenardier...

Can I say H-A-R-V-E-Y for Thenardier! Although, then John Travolta would come and elbow his way in...

Yankeefan007
#13re: Rosie as Madame Thenardier?
Posted: 4/7/06 at 5:19pm

I believe Thenardier went to Gary Beach....

Gothampc
#14re: Rosie as Madame Thenardier?

How about giving the role to someone who actually needs the work? Mme. Thenardier is not a star turn.

If anyone ever tells you that you put too much Parmesan cheese on your pasta, stop talking to them. You don't need that kind of negativity in your life.
Updated On: 4/7/06 at 05:19 PM

keatonbynumbers Profile Photo
keatonbynumbers
#15re: Rosie as Madame Thenardier?

Hahaha, she should totally play Fantine instead.

mortgageguy79 Profile Photo
mortgageguy79
#16re: Rosie as Madame Thenardier?
Posted: 4/7/06 at 5:21pm

I agree with Gothampc, I would love to see people get cast in this show that are new and fresh...

Jack: For your information, most people who meet me do not know that I am gay. Will: Jack, blind and deaf people know you're gay. Dead people know you're gay. Jack: Grace, when you first met me, did you know I was gay? Grace: My dog knew.

Link Larkin Wanabe Profile Photo
Link Larkin Wanabe
#17re: Rosie as Madame Thenardier?
Posted: 4/7/06 at 5:21pm

Gotham,

After Taboo...she might need to work badly.

Akiva

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#18re: Rosie as Madame Thenardier?
Posted: 4/7/06 at 5:22pm

Hell! Why doesn't she just try to play Momma Rose next!

Joshua488
#19re: Rosie as Madame Thenardier?
Posted: 4/7/06 at 5:24pm

No. Rosie O'Donnell should definitely play Eponine.

Mother's Younger Brother Profile Photo
Mother's Younger Brother
#20re: Rosie as Madame Thenardier?
Posted: 4/7/06 at 5:24pm

Yeah..I have no great Rosie love, but I actually think she could be ok in this. Of course, character-wise, she'd just be Rosie in the costume, but still....

ThePinballWizard Profile Photo
ThePinballWizard
#21re: Rosie as Madame Thenardier?
Posted: 4/7/06 at 5:25pm

Mortgage Guy who is your avatar?

"Isn't it strange that we spend most of our time learning to do what they put people in asylums for." - Jane Fonda on Acting

EganFan2
#22re: Rosie as Madame Thenardier?
Posted: 4/7/06 at 5:27pm

I think she'd be great. She'd be funny in the part.

adamgreer Profile Photo
adamgreer
#23re: Rosie as Madame Thenardier?
Posted: 4/7/06 at 5:28pm

Let's also not forget the Playbill article where the producers announced they were seeking "marquee names" for some of the roles.

I imagine if Rosie wants this bad enough, she'll get it...

Rathnait62 Profile Photo
Rathnait62
#24re: Rosie as Madame Thenardier?
Posted: 4/7/06 at 5:34pm

This would really piss me off.

Have I ever shown you my Shattered Dreams box? It's in my Disappointment Closet. - Marge Simpson

Videos