POTO National Tour

Broadway_freak Profile Photo
Broadway_freak
#0POTO National Tour
Posted: 4/16/06 at 12:20pm

Has anyone seen it recently? If so, would you be so kind as to post a review of the current cast? I'm seeing it soon and it'll be my first time. I hope I'm not dissappoined. Thanks!

Broadway_freak Profile Photo
Broadway_freak
#1re: POTO National Tour
Posted: 4/16/06 at 3:41pm

Anyone?

LilMiZBroADwaY23
#2re: POTO National Tour
Posted: 4/16/06 at 4:46pm

I saw it in November... so I haven't seen the new Christine or Raoul... but Gary Mauer, the man who plays the Phantom is THE most PHENOMENAL thing to hit that show. The man is amazing and he is my favorite part of the show. I'm hopefully going to see it again when it comes to Kalamazoo just so I can get his autograph.

Gary Mauer=Amazing

If the rest of the cast sucks... you'll atleast be thrilled you saw him.

Marguerite Chauvelin
#3re: POTO National Tour
Posted: 4/16/06 at 5:05pm

I very much enjoyed Raoul on the tour in December. The rest of the cast was good but he stuck out to me.

If Percy Blakeney were in Les Mis....

Percy: Sink me! If it isn't Javvurt!
Javert: Zsah-vair, it's pronounced Zsah-vair.
Pecry: But it's spelled J-A-V-E-R-T Javvurt.
Javert: Repeat after me Zsah...Zsah....
Percy: Oh! Zsa-Zsa! Like the Gabor sister! Well I personally have always prefered Eva.
Javert: (Looks for gun)

timote316
#4re: POTO National Tour
Posted: 4/16/06 at 6:13pm

I agree with LilMiz. I saw the tour last year, and, yes, Gary was amazing. For me, the worst parts of the tour (besides the show itself) were Christine (Rebecca Pitcher - currently on Broadway) and Raoul (Tim Martin Gleason - soon to be in Las Vegas), so you are all set!

Becky2 Profile Photo
Becky2
#5re: POTO National Tour
Posted: 4/16/06 at 6:40pm

The cast is going through/ has gone through a lot of changes. Gary and Beth are no longer in the cast and I've heard rumors that Marie Danvers is leaving in June.

I saw it last March and am planning on seeing it again next month in Kalamazoo. I'm not sure exactly who the cast will be this time, but last year it was Mauer, Pitcher, Gleason, and Stengel. I particularly liked Gary Mauer and Kim Stegel's performances.

wickedfreak Profile Photo
wickedfreak
#6re: POTO National Tour
Posted: 4/16/06 at 6:45pm

I saw it last summer in Houston and thought the cast was very good except for the main Christine (can't remember her name). We got the Phantom Understudy and thought he was incredible and I heard from a friend that the main phantom was also amazing. I would say, go see it! Its great!

#7re: POTO National Tour
Posted: 4/16/06 at 6:46pm

My friends saw John Cudia's first performance as the Phantom and thought he was one of the best that they've seen. Must have been pretty impressive, being that they've seen the show about 50 times. LOL! I've seen John as Raoul many times on Broadway and I'm confident in his abilities as the new Phantom on tour as well. :)

~Roz
Updated On: 4/16/06 at 06:46 PM

Joshua488
#8re: POTO National Tour
Posted: 4/16/06 at 6:47pm

I saw John Cudia as Raoul on Broadway and I can assure you that he is wonderful.

I can't say anything about the rest of the cast since I haven't seen the tour!

#9re: POTO National Tour
Posted: 4/16/06 at 7:03pm

i did a concert with JOhn Cudia and he sang Music of the Night. i nearly fell off my chair. getting to sing All I Ask of You with him was a real thrill!
His Bring Him Home from Les Miz is amazing too.
the guy is mega talented and while i am thrilled he is getting to play the Phantom..i really wish someone would write something for him so he can originate a role and get some recognition.
he is incredible!

ThankstoPhantom
#10re: POTO National Tour
Posted: 4/16/06 at 7:09pm

The entire cats was in great shape last month. the only different catsmembers are Firmin and the Phantom for the cast with the princicpal Christine. Very strong all around.

How to properly use its/it's: Its is the possessive. It's is the contraction for it is...

Tag Profile Photo
Tag
#11re: POTO National Tour
Posted: 4/16/06 at 8:34pm

Could someone please comment on the state of the sets/lighting/costumes. How are they holding up? How scaled down they are...etc.
Thanks!

Phantess Profile Photo
Phantess
#12re: POTO National Tour
Posted: 4/16/06 at 8:53pm

THe chandelier is painfully slow. Costumes are just as amazing as Broadway. I think the tour is great and in my opinion much better than the current bway cast.