News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

Attn: WICKED Fans/Megan Hilty's last

Attn: WICKED Fans/Megan Hilty's last

luvwicked
#0Attn: WICKED Fans/Megan Hilty's last
Posted: 5/2/06 at 8:02pm

I hope this isn't considered "spam"...but I just need to put this out there...

I just wanted to clue everyone in on a nice group that's been around since WICKED opened in 2003. It's called UNLIMITED and it's the First and only Official WICKED Fan Society. We're working with the company manager, cast, and producers of the show to get some cool events going...our goal is to unite WICKED fans worldwide...and help some worthy causes out in the process! If you'll recall, we had a lovely time at Gilda's Club NYC in August 2005, with cast performances and stories. We ended up raising a few thousand dollars for Gilda's Club. We're planning more events like this soon.

As of right now, we have two groups: one on My Space (brand new!) and one on Yahoo (over 600 members strong)! I'm hoping to finally expand to a full-fledged web-site and message boards. However, that's going to take some major work...so if ANYONE out there is willing to help me in ANY way, I'd be more than grateful. We also need creative people and ideas for new events and projects.

Here are the links for the groups:
http://groups.myspace.com/unlimitedwicked
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Unlimited_Official_Wicked/

Right now, I'm planning a very informal luncheon for Megan Hilty's final show. If you're interested in attending - that is, if you'll be in NYC that day and can make it to a luncheon at 1 pm - PLEASE e-mail me. It'll be fun! More get togethers - including some special fundraising events for Broadway Cares and other groups - are coming soon!

If you'd like to help in any way, please e-mail me at luvwicked@yahoo.com. If you'd like to join...please do so! And invite your friends and family to do so too! The more, the merrier! And remember..."together, we're UNLIMITED!"

THANKS,
Chris

chanseymad
#1re: Attn: WICKED Fans/Megan Hilty's last
Posted: 5/2/06 at 8:08pm

That sounds great!!! I would love to come...since im seeing the performance with the greatest person in the world. It would be great to meet other Wicked fans

This is a rele good idea kudos to whoever though of this...I can make it i hope other people can it would be enjoyable.

El Jefe

luvwicked
#2re: Attn: WICKED Fans/Megan Hilty's last
Posted: 5/2/06 at 8:31pm

Yes, indeed...it should be fun! I'm sad to see Megan go, but I'm happy to see her move onto new projects. She's a real treat on- and off-stage. Kudos to her!

I'm going to be giving her a gift from the Fan Society. If anyone would like to contribute something and will NOT be able to make it to NYC for her final day, please let me know. I'll personally be handing her whatever gifts you'd like to give her. I'm also interested in making a "scrapbook" or something of the sort. So if you have any contributions...please let me know. Luvwicked@yahoo.com

THANKS SO MUCH! --Chris

Sparklesss Profile Photo
Sparklesss
#3re: Attn: WICKED Fans/Megan Hilty's last
Posted: 5/3/06 at 1:17pm

Has it been officially announced who is replacing Megan?

luvwicked
#4re: Attn: WICKED Fans/Megan Hilty's last
Posted: 5/3/06 at 1:26pm

It hasn't been officially announced, but I heard a rumor that Kate Reinders (former Chicago company Glinda) is replacing Megan. But it's just a rumor until they confirm it. Heaven knows when that'll be.

I must say, I'm going to miss Megan terribly. She's my favorite. Such a doll.

--Chris re: Attn: WICKED Fans/Megan Hilty's last

TheBoyfromChi Profile Photo
TheBoyfromChi
#5re: Attn: WICKED Fans/Megan Hilty's last
Posted: 5/3/06 at 1:29pm

I hope it's true about Kate...she's fabulous.

"I hope you're all happy, keeping Alan off the team. Couldn't you, for once, open your minds and hearts and hear something that he couldn't see? I, for one, am glad that Alan is blind, so he can't see what, I am so sad to say, you can't hear." -Jerri Blank

WiiCKED x3
#6re: Attn: WICKED Fans/Megan Hilty's last
Posted: 5/3/06 at 4:50pm

im seeing her before her last day. omg im gonna miss her!

klutzyduckzy Profile Photo
klutzyduckzy
#7re: Attn: WICKED Fans/Megan Hilty's last
Posted: 5/3/06 at 5:23pm

Megan Hilty is wonderful. I saw her the first time I saw Wicked (Sadly, I didn't get to see the OBC) and she has such a lovely voice. I agree about Kate, though. I've heard she's wonderful.

"I may be small, but I've got giant plans to shine as brightly as the sun..." ~Little Women: The Musical
"The opposite of war isn't peace; it's creation!" ~Rent
Future Mark.

WickedGeek28 Profile Photo
WickedGeek28
#8re: Attn: WICKED Fans/Megan Hilty's last
Posted: 5/3/06 at 5:36pm

I think it's Kate, she's been back in NY for awhile and popping up everywhere.

"You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view - until you climb into his skin and walk around in it."
To Kill A Mockingbird

Sparklesss Profile Photo
Sparklesss
#9re: Attn: WICKED Fans/Megan Hilty's last
Posted: 5/3/06 at 6:18pm

the rumor has been floating for a while...i was just wondering when it would be official..

best12bars Profile Photo
best12bars
#10re: Attn: WICKED Fans/Megan Hilty's last
Posted: 5/3/06 at 6:29pm

luvwicked --- Best of luck with these groups!

This is a terrific idea... taking the die-hard fans of a show in which the two main characters struggle to do "good" in the world... and uniting them to do "good" in this world, as well.

Life, imitating art... in such a positive way.

Very nice. You've taken an "active" response with your feelings for this show.

It's truly inspired. I wish you the very best.

"Jaws is the Citizen Kane of movies."
blocked: logan2, Diamonds3, Hamilton22

faithanytwo Profile Photo
faithanytwo
#11re: Attn: WICKED Fans/Megan Hilty's last
Posted: 5/3/06 at 9:28pm

since this is about her departure, does anyone know what hilty's got planned next?

Yankeefan007
#12re: Attn: WICKED Fans/Megan Hilty's last
Posted: 5/3/06 at 9:41pm

She's doing a revival of VANATIES in Los Angeles.

faithanytwo Profile Photo
faithanytwo
#13re: Attn: WICKED Fans/Megan Hilty's last
Posted: 5/3/06 at 9:58pm

thanks yankeefan. although, i myself am a sox fan, but that's for another day.

luvwicked
#14re: Attn: WICKED Fans/Megan Hilty's last
Posted: 5/3/06 at 10:30pm

best12bars - your post was extremely sweet and I love your kind words! THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH! Yes, we're definitely trying to do GOOD in this world...just like Glinda and Elphaba strive to do in WICKED. I've never really thought of it that way, but thank you for bringing that to my attention! And please be sure to join the groups, too!

Thanks again!

luvwicked
#15re: Attn: WICKED Fans/Megan Hilty's last
Posted: 5/4/06 at 2:38pm

So, once again...open invitation to ANY AND ALL WICKED fans to join the two groups...and to come to the informal get together on May 28th...for more information, please e-mail me or check the groups!

THANKS SO VERY MUCH!

--Chris

Videos