Judy Kaye's chances?

Oscar Jaffee Profile Photo
Oscar Jaffee
#0Judy Kaye's chances?
Posted: 5/23/06 at 2:18pm

What are Judy Kaye's chances of winning the Best Actress in a Play Tony?

munkustrap178 Profile Photo
munkustrap178
#1re: Judy Kaye's chances?
Posted: 5/23/06 at 2:22pm

Slim. I hated her, plenty loved her - but I think her performance is long forgotten and doesn't hold a candle to that of Cynthia Nixon.

"If you are going to do something, do it well. And leave something witchy." -Charlie Manson

little_sally Profile Photo
little_sally
#2re: Judy Kaye's chances?
Posted: 5/23/06 at 2:26pm

If her show had opened later in the season, she'd probably have a lock on the award. Considering her show closed in January, it didn't give much of an opportunity for voters to see her, and those who did probably don't remember her. I think it's Cythnia Nixon's award to lose this season.

A little swash, a bit of buckle - you'll love it more than bread.

MargoChanning
#3re: Judy Kaye's chances?
Posted: 5/23/06 at 2:46pm

I'm one of those that adored Kaye and her performance as Florence Foster Jenkins, but at this point, Nixon (who was also outstanding) is probably the definite favorite for the award.

"What a story........ everything but the bloodhounds snappin' at her rear end." -- Birdie [http://margochanning.broadwayworld.com/] "The Devil Be Hittin' Me" -- Whitney

DottieD'Luscia Profile Photo
DottieD'Luscia
#4re: Judy Kaye's chances?
Posted: 5/23/06 at 2:47pm

I'm sorry I missed it, but the Studio Theatre in DC will be producing this during their next season, so I'll probably catch it then.

Hey Dottie! Did your colleagues enjoy the cake even though your cat decided to sit on it? ~GuyfromGermany

inlovewithjerryherman Profile Photo
inlovewithjerryherman
#5re: Judy Kaye's chances?
Posted: 5/23/06 at 2:51pm

I would love to see Kaye win, but Nixon will probably win (and deservedly so)