News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Oscar Jaffee

Oscar Jaffee Profile Photo
Member Name: Oscar Jaffee
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: YOUNG FRANKENSTEIN Reviews  Nov 9 2007, 10:46:08 AM
It sounds like Brooks is suffering from the same infliction Michael Bennett had in 1979. Everybody expected another "A Chorus Line," and it didn't happen; it never could have happened. Much like "A Chorus Line" when it opened on Broadway, "The Producers" changed the face of musicals in 2001. As much as I love Mel Brooks and his movies, he obviously will be a one-hit wonder on Broadway.
YOUNG FRANKENSTEIN critics reviews  Aug 22 2007, 08:59:36 PM
Does anyone know when the critics will review "Young Frankenstein" in Seattle?
re: My Favorite Broadway: The Leading MEN (One Ever Planned?/Wishlist)  Jan 29 2007, 02:56:56 PM
You also forgot the great John Cullum, who could perform either "Meditation" from "Shenandoah" or "The Legacy" from "On the Twentieth Century" — or both!
re: We will miss you Betty.....  Nov 24 2006, 03:04:57 PM
My favorite musical, "On the Twentieth Century," has lost another of its great creators. She joins her longtime writing partner, Adolph Green, Cy Coleman, Florence Klotz and Madeline Kahn in musical heaven. Comden and Green's book and lyrics for "Twentieth Century" are hilarious. It's high time this wonderful show is revived on Broadway.
re: Florence Klotz has Died.  Nov 2 2006, 08:28:31 PM
I just read about her death on Playbill.com and was deeply saddened. I'm also disappointed that her passing didn't get higher priority on Playbill and other theatre Web sites. I had to scroll down a bit before I saw it. She was a legend and deserved better.

re: What happened to the auction?  Aug 2 2006, 03:16:46 PM
I had bid on a couple of items, and eBay sent me two messages saying the items had been taken off because of policy violations. I was just curious.
What happened to the auction?  Aug 2 2006, 03:12:55 PM
Does anybody know what happened to the Actor Fund's Auction of 1,000 Stars? It's been taken off eBay.
Judy Kaye's chances?  May 23 2006, 02:18:04 PM
What are Judy Kaye's chances of winning the Best Actress in a Play Tony?
re: Playbill collections  Feb 10 2006, 11:31:50 AM
I have an "On the Twentieth Century" Playbill for each month it played on Broadway, including the Feb. 19, 1978, opening night edition. I also have the Boston tryout Playbill from the show. The show only ran 13 months, so it's not as many Playbills as you think. I'm a fanatical "On the Twentieth Century" collector, as you might have noticed.

re: 'Phantom' DVD question  Dec 9 2005, 11:16:07 AM
Thanks timote316!
re: Famous Understudies?  Dec 9 2005, 11:03:44 AM
Let's not forget Judy Kaye, who got her big break as an understudy for Madeline Kahn in "On the Twentieth Century."
"Phantom" DVD question  Dec 9 2005, 10:56:27 AM
I'm thinking about buying the two-disc special edition of the "Phantom of the Opera," not for the movie itself but because I understand it has a special feature about the Broadway production. For those of you who have it, is it worth buying just for that special feature? Although I'm not a "Phantom" fanatic, I like documentaries about behind the scenes at a Broadway show.
"Twentieth Century" recording?  Sep 21 2005, 03:53:17 PM
Does anybody know if Monday's "On the Twentieth Century" concert will be recorded and released on CD? They'd be foolish not to record and release it.
re: THE BROADWAY OVERTURE  Aug 29 2005, 01:53:18 PM
I think the last truly great overture was for "On the Twentieth Century."
re: Top 5 Sondheim Shows.....  Aug 9 2005, 08:56:27 PM
The first thing that attracts me to a song (be it theatre, rock, country, etc.) is the music. Although Sondheim is a brilliant lyricist (the best the theatre has known), I'm attracted first to his music. If we were to take away his lyrics and had only his music, his best, most melodic scores, in my opinion, are:
1. Sweeney Todd
2. A Little Night Music
3. Company
4. Follies

Hollywood Bowl Sondheim  Jul 12 2005, 09:32:25 PM
Does anyone know if the Sondheim celebration at the Hollywood Bowl was film for future broadcast? I would love to see Angela Lansbury and Len Cariou do "A Little Priest."
re: Actors Fund Concert 2005 is........  Jun 29 2005, 02:54:14 PM
I have always thought Andrea Martin would be a good Mrs. Primrose, but I just thought of something. Why not have Judy Kaye play Mrs. Primrose? I know she's too young, but she's a great actress and could definitely pull it off. They should also find some way to bring John Cullum back for the concert. He was great as the original Oscar Jaffee. I think Kevin Kline would be a wonderful Oscar for the concert.
"Twentieth Century" concert  Jun 29 2005, 11:54:04 AM
Needless to say, I'm elated about the "On the Twentieth Century" Actor's Fund concert scheduled for Sept. 26 in NYC. I won't be able to attend, but I'm tickled that it is being revived, if only as a one-night event. Casting hasn't been announced yet, so who do you all think should play the key roles?
Now that DOUBT has . . .  Jun 28 2005, 06:50:44 PM
. . . recouped its investment, does that mean that everything from here on, minus the weekly nut, is profit?
re: YOUNG FRANKENSTEIN Casting Thoughts?  Jun 26 2005, 05:20:41 PM
I think Martin Short would be a wonderful Freddy.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You