pixeltracker

The "Official" Patti LuPone Appreciation Thread- Page 5

The "Official" Patti LuPone Appreciation Thread

mrslovett7
#100re: The 'Official' Patti LuPone Appreciation Thread
Posted: 6/17/06 at 7:37am

Welcome NewArgentina!! that was the last song I listened to last night haha.

oooooo chrrym what/who will the tatoo be of? I'm glad we're staying on topic too. i was expecting to come to this thread after it was posted and there would be small fires breaking out and people harpooning eachother. glad that's not the case

~H* "I slept through the nominations, as I always do. Anything I need to know, I'll find out when I get up at a reasonable hour!" -Michael Cerveris

SeptemberKel
#101re: The 'Official' Patti LuPone Appreciation Thread
Posted: 6/17/06 at 8:00am

chrrym - I had the same thought the other day about tattoos. I really want to get one. I don't know exactly what I want, so What will yours be of?

I do have a question to throw out there - how many of you have actually seen her in Evita? I'd have given anything to see it (at least I have the CR so I can listen to it). The only version I've ever seen is the movie with Madonna - and that didn't make me a fan of the musical at all.

"Of course there is the castle - the ruined castle. I find it lovely. Probably because it's ruined, I suppose." - Passion

Patti LuPone FANatic Profile Photo
Patti LuPone FANatic
#102re: The 'Official' Patti LuPone Appreciation Thread
Posted: 6/17/06 at 11:23am

Hello. I think my most prized Patti memorabilia is a video clip of Miss Patti singing "As If We Never Said Goodbye" at a British charity appeal. around 1993 She appears in her classic Anthony Powell gown. The webmaster of a British theatre site (since defunct) was kind enough to share it with me. from Roman in Austin, Texas.... the official Patti LuPone FANatic

"Noel [Coward] and I were in Paris once. Adjoining rooms, of course. One night, I felt mischievous, so I knocked on Noel's door, and he asked, 'Who is it?' I lowered my voice and said 'Hotel detective. Have you got a gentleman in your room?' He answered, 'Just a minute, I'll ask him.'" (Beatrice Lillie)

mrslovett7
#103re: The 'Official' Patti LuPone Appreciation Thread
Posted: 6/17/06 at 11:30am

my most prized patti pocession (whoa too many p's) is my picture with her and the memory of meeting her.

~H* "I slept through the nominations, as I always do. Anything I need to know, I'll find out when I get up at a reasonable hour!" -Michael Cerveris

SeptemberKel
#104re: The 'Official' Patti LuPone Appreciation Thread
Posted: 6/17/06 at 11:34am

Right now (cause there's more stuff on the way), my most prized possession is the Broadway Lost Treasures collection because I can watch Patti perform "A New Argentina," "Buenos Aires," and "Anything Goes" whenever I want.

"Of course there is the castle - the ruined castle. I find it lovely. Probably because it's ruined, I suppose." - Passion

wonderwaiter Profile Photo
wonderwaiter
#105re: The 'Official' Patti LuPone Appreciation Thread
Posted: 6/17/06 at 11:45am

re: The 'Official' Patti LuPone Appreciation Thread

I have other Patti-abelia, but nothing matches the amount of time, trouble, expense and death defying that went into getting that one.

I love how when she signed it, she went straight for the tits!

And no one grew into anything new, we just became the worst of what we were."

BNN
#106re: The 'Official' Patti LuPone Appreciation Thread
Posted: 6/17/06 at 1:06pm

Does anyone here know the exact date that Patti has extended (if she has, I'm still not sure) her contract to? I have tickets for July 2nd but if she extended I want to see her in Sweeney again. I figured I would ask here as I haven't been able to find a definite answer anywhere else.

Tick Tock

CrimsonFaerie
#107re: The 'Official' Patti LuPone Appreciation Thread
Posted: 6/17/06 at 2:57pm

I called Telecharge yesterday to ask them if they knew if Patti extended her contract or not. They said they still don't know. They told me they can't tell me when they'll know. Whatever! So I sent Patti an email to ask her. I'll report back if/when she responds. I've heard lots of rumors, but I'm not going to believe anything unless she says it.

chrrymn
#108re: The 'Official' Patti LuPone Appreciation Thread
Posted: 6/17/06 at 6:58pm

Patti's contract is killing me!! I wanna know if I'll get to see her late July!

But, anyway. The tattoo? It's a secret for now. re: The 'Official' Patti LuPone Appreciation Thread But it'll be the most meaningful tattoo ever. ALL OF YOU WILL BE JEALOUS!! trust me. ooooh, i can't wait to let the cat out of the bag. i'm getting it wednesday, so i'll post photos, and the whole story then.

And I have "seen" Evita. and keeping with the legality of it all, you can pm me if you'd like to hear more.

::Sarah::
"Mrs. Lovett, how I did without you all these years I'll never know!"

CrimsonFaerie
#109re: The 'Official' Patti LuPone Appreciation Thread
Posted: 6/18/06 at 2:43am

Okay, so I got an email back from Patti regarding her contract for Sweeney. This is, verbatim from the email, what she had to say: "Yes, I've extended my contract with a few absences for other performances. I'm in it until Thanksgiving." So there is the answer. July 2nd will not be her last show.

blueroses
#110re: The 'Official' Patti LuPone Appreciation Thread
Posted: 6/18/06 at 3:19am

<---Beyond psyched. Fourth row Orchestra for July 2nd! re: The 'Official' Patti LuPone Appreciation Thread

chrrymn
#111re: The 'Official' Patti LuPone Appreciation Thread
Posted: 6/18/06 at 8:02am

IMO, 2nd, 3rd, or 4th row center is ideal for this show. I've been in the front row twice. Once it was the aisle seat on the right. (BB 1) That was good. But then I sat third seat from the right in the orchestra. (AA 103) It was horrible. My neck killed and when they were at the edge of the stage it is very hard to look up that far. haha.

Updated On: 6/18/06 at 08:02 AM

SeptemberKel
#112re: The 'Official' Patti LuPone Appreciation Thread
Posted: 6/18/06 at 8:33am

I sat in the very front row of the orchestra the last time I went, it was the second seat from the left aisle. My neck was killing me and Lauren Molina kept laying her cello down in front of me. The plus side was that I was on Patti's "inactive" side, so I was able to see her face the whole time.

When I go on July 2nd, I'm in D101. Hopefully I'll fare better in that seat. I just wish it was in the center, but what can ya do?

chrrymn
#113re: The 'Official' Patti LuPone Appreciation Thread
Posted: 6/18/06 at 8:39am

I looooove watching Patti playing. Did you catch her chewing gum?? I did, twice. Even Michael once. That's funny considering her thoughts on the audience behavior. And I love watching her with her tiny water bottle, hell, I even love watching her blow her nose. haha. The Patti is love.

SeptemberKel
#114re: The 'Official' Patti LuPone Appreciation Thread
Posted: 6/18/06 at 8:42am

The Patti most definitely is love. I LOVED watching her, and I have to give her all the credit in the word because she lets Michael Cerveris spit right on her face day in, and day out. Hell, he spit all over me and I realized I could never be *that* accommodating. At one point, I counted how many times she reached for her little towel and wiped her face off. That after intermission, and it was seven times. Haha

chrrymn
#115re: The 'Official' Patti LuPone Appreciation Thread
Posted: 6/18/06 at 8:51am

I know! I don't know how she keeps from flinching. The first time I saw it (Oct. 14th), I'm not sure when, but I see this huge gob of spit fall off his upper lip, onto his bottom and do a somersault onto the floor. TRUE STORY. I was sitting there amazed!

Ben is a good spitter, too. Think of poor Lauren in Kiss Me!!

The whole cast seems to adore one another so much. I'm so in love with this show!

Thanks again for this thread! Finally, a love thread I want to post in!

chrrymn
#116re: The 'Official' Patti LuPone Appreciation Thread
Posted: 6/18/06 at 8:15pm

I bought myself a little present! (since she SHOULD still be in)

Sweeney Todd
Tuesday, July 25, 2006 at 7:00 PM
1 Ticket, Center Orchestra Row BB, Seat 112 re: The 'Official' Patti LuPone Appreciation Thread

So what Patti track(s) is everyone listening to lately? I've put together a large Patti mix on my iPod. But I can't get enough of "Don't cry for me Argentina", "Rainbow High", and "Anything Goes" lately. And just like she looks good at any age, she sounds flawless at any age, as well.

SeptemberKel
#117re: The 'Official' Patti LuPone Appreciation Thread
Posted: 6/18/06 at 8:23pm

I'm really into "A New Argentina" right now (I can't get it out of my head lately)! When that's not playing, I've been revisiting "Anything Goes." It was the first cast recording I ever owned. I bought it before I ever heard of Patti - I bought it when I was 14 and because I was in our school production (many years ago) - so, after I discovered "Patti," I've been devouring it now and again. I'm always in awe of the power of her voice - at the same time, it has a mellow quality that is remarkable. She's amazing.

If I'm in the mood for strictly Patti, "Matters of the Heart" is always on standby.

chrrymn
#118re: The 'Official' Patti LuPone Appreciation Thread
Posted: 6/18/06 at 8:39pm

Ooh, and another that is massively growing on me is "Moonshine Lullaby".

On my Patti playlist (i'm not sure if I have the full albums on there or not), but I've got: Matters of the Heart, Patti LuPone Live, The Lady with the Torch, and a few random tracks. I need to get out all my cds and put every Patti song i have on there. ha.

And, of course, I have my Sweeney revival on another playlist.

kgee30
#119re: The 'Official' Patti LuPone Appreciation Thread
Posted: 6/18/06 at 8:39pm

"Back to Before" from "Matters of the Heart." Always.

LovinGoodMusicals
#120re: The 'Official' Patti LuPone Appreciation Thread
Posted: 6/18/06 at 8:45pm

GR!
I'm so jealous of all of you who have seen Patti Live ANYWHERE.
I want to see her in Sweeney SO bad.
But I'm only 15, and we live in Illinois.

How is it expierencing her live??

Lucky people.

jojoaintashy17
#121re: The 'Official' Patti LuPone Appreciation Thread
Posted: 6/18/06 at 10:21pm

I am geeked about Patti! I'm going to see Mr. T in July and I'm hoping she renews that contract...Is it for certain if she has yet? I know there's been rumors

BroadwayChica Profile Photo
BroadwayChica
#122re: The 'Official' Patti LuPone Appreciation Thread
Posted: 6/18/06 at 10:32pm

1. LOVE and WORSHIP The Patti.

2. Someone I know got an email from her, and she said she DID renew her contract until Thanksgiving. But nothing official yet.

wonderwaiter Profile Photo
wonderwaiter
#123re: The 'Official' Patti LuPone Appreciation Thread
Posted: 6/18/06 at 10:34pm

Um, Chica? That someone just posted that halfway up the page. ;oP

And no one grew into anything new, we just became the worst of what we were."

evilNpunk
#124re: The 'Official' Patti LuPone Appreciation Thread
Posted: 6/19/06 at 2:35am

Fellow Patti lover here. I've been lurking for a couple of years, but I think I've only posted a handful of times. Just had to join in on the Patti love.
One of the first things I noticed when I saw her performing was her lips - they're so animated. You gotta love those lips!

Videos