pixeltracker

Wildhorn's For The Glory in Gettysburg, PA

Wildhorn's For The Glory in Gettysburg, PA

Poppy
#0Wildhorn's For The Glory in Gettysburg, PA
Posted: 7/12/06 at 4:46pm

Hey gang! If you haven't yet seen "For the Glory" at the Majestic
Theater in Gettysburg, now it the time. For a limited time tickets are
buy one, get one free. Simply call the box office at 717-337-8200 ext.
2 to order your tickets!!

Children under the age of 16 are free. A family of four could see the
show for as little as $53!

The must see event in Gettysburg!!

denise2
#1re: Wildhorn's For The Glory in Gettysburg, PA
Posted: 7/13/06 at 8:37am

I agree. Saw the show at the end of June and I loved it. Not typical "broadway" show but the music is very moving and the lyrics are incredible. It's a great ending to a day in Gettysburg. Michael Lanning and Keith Byron Kirk are both from the broadway production and are great!!!!
Really, if you can, go see it.

WildhornFanatic
#2re: Wildhorn's For The Glory in Gettysburg, PA
Posted: 7/13/06 at 8:45am

I've heard nothing but amazing and positive things. I have plans to see the show in August and I can't wait. All of the reviews have been nothing but positive! I can't wait!!

luvsbway
#3re: Wildhorn's For The Glory in Gettysburg, PA
Posted: 7/13/06 at 11:21am

I've been waiting for a deal on tickets for this. I live about 30 min away and really wanted to see this. Do you know how long the 2 for 1 is good for and if it includes Friday and Saturday nights?

umgeoboy Profile Photo
umgeoboy
#4re: Wildhorn's For The Glory in Gettysburg, PA
Posted: 7/13/06 at 11:29am

I cannot wait I am seeing it this weekend (I wish this deal had come out before I bought tickets, but then again I wouldn't be sitting on the front row). YAY, I can't wait!

"Judy Garland, Jimmy Dean, You tragedy Queen" ~ Taboo

"Watching a frat boy realize just what he put his d!ck in...ex's getting std's...schadenfruede" ~ Ave Q

"when dangers near, exploit their fear" ~ Reefer Madness the Musical

Marguerite Chauvelin
#5re: Wildhorn's For The Glory in Gettysburg, PA
Posted: 7/13/06 at 1:21pm

Keith Byron Kirk is AMAZING but unfortunatly a bit underused. Oh well, it was a good show.

If Percy Blakeney were in Les Mis....

Percy: Sink me! If it isn't Javvurt!
Javert: Zsah-vair, it's pronounced Zsah-vair.
Pecry: But it's spelled J-A-V-E-R-T Javvurt.
Javert: Repeat after me Zsah...Zsah....
Percy: Oh! Zsa-Zsa! Like the Gabor sister! Well I personally have always prefered Eva.
Javert: (Looks for gun)

Poppy
#6re: Wildhorn's For The Glory in Gettysburg, PA
Posted: 7/16/06 at 12:10am

luvsbway: There's been no time limit on the 2 for 1 sale and it includes every show. If I lived as close as you I'd see it again and again. The performers are that good.

umgeoboy: Did you enjoy the show?

PB ENT. Profile Photo
PB ENT.
#7re: Wildhorn's For The Glory in Gettysburg, PA
Posted: 7/16/06 at 7:37pm

I've seen CW on Bd'w and regionally. I've not gotten up to Gettysburg, yet, but am hearing wonderful things about the show.
It's some of Wildhorn's best music, song by a few great performers.
But I've got to honest about the future of this remaining at Gettysburg AS IS for 5 summers, as its contracted fron June-Sept for 5 years. Perhaps too many performances 6 shows a week (Wed-Sun) I beleieve, and at $40 a ticket, this could hurt families of 3 or 4 who are visiting this historic town and doing other things that cost time and money. I'm hearing the attendance is less than sufficent for most shows.

From a purely financial standpoint, I hope they make some changes in the scheduling and pricing so it can endure beyond this summer. Wishing them the best.

www.pbentertainmentinc.com BWW regional writer "Philadelphia/South Jersey"
Updated On: 7/17/06 at 07:37 PM

Poppy
#8re: Wildhorn's For The Glory in Gettysburg, PA
Posted: 7/17/06 at 12:33am

Tickets are buy one, get one free. Children under the age of 16 are free. A family of four could see the show for as little as $53! I don't think you could do much better than that. It's a great show...with an outstanding cast..perfect for this historic area. The problem, if there is one, isn't with the production or the performers. From some comments I've heard it's the attitude of some of the people...tourists and residents....it seems some are still fighting the Civil War. 'Tis a pity in this day and age.

Mr Roxy Profile Photo
Mr Roxy
#9re: Wildhorn's For The Glory in Gettysburg, PA
Posted: 7/17/06 at 10:38am

Saw The Civil War on Broadway & it was ******* great

Thank God for the double CD

Poster Emeritus

InfiniteTheaterFrenzy Profile Photo
InfiniteTheaterFrenzy
#10re: Wildhorn's For The Glory in Gettysburg, PA
Posted: 7/17/06 at 11:06am

how would one get there from New York, using a bus or train?

[title of show] on Broadway. it's time. believe.

PB ENT. Profile Photo
PB ENT.
#11re: Wildhorn's For The Glory in Gettysburg, PA
Posted: 7/17/06 at 1:03pm

I wholeheartedly agree that from a production standpoint, I'm sure it is top notch. I know the director and some of the cast. They are doing a wonderful job.

I just think it's a tough sell, long term. Here's hoping they will continue to build their audience and still be running as contracted. Just my opinion.

www.pbentertainmentinc.com BWW regional writer "Philadelphia/South Jersey"

luvsbway
#12re: Wildhorn's For The Glory in Gettysburg, PA
Posted: 7/17/06 at 1:13pm

Amtrak out of NYC. Take the Keystone service to Harrisburg or Lancaster. Both are about equal driving distance. Not sure about bus but I don't think it would be that confortable or cheap.

Poppy
#13re: Wildhorn's For The Glory in Gettysburg, PA
Posted: 7/17/06 at 2:37pm

This review is reprinted with the whole-hearted support and permission of the author Thomas D. Ford. Note: Dan Cooney is now the Confederate Captain and Ann Brummel has taken over the role of Sarah. Both come highly recommended by their predecessors.

Gettysburg Times
June 23, 2006
For The Glory

Just when I thought I couldn’t be anymore proud to be a native Gettysburgian, I found something even more thrilling.

On Saturday night past, I was honored to witness the gala opening night of For The Glory at the Majestic Theater.

While I won’t claim to be the greatest Broadway critic, I have seen a few and this presentation ranks up there with the best of them. Make no mistake; just because this is a small town theater, this show gave me some lasting Broadway memories.

I, like all others I talked to, endured the widest range of emotions as this tremendously talented cast performed. The pride and suffering of the soldiers, the love story of a soldier and his wife, the frustrations and emotions of Frederick Douglass and the slaves, and yes, even a little comedy.

One of my all time favorite Broadway shows is Miss Saigon, so it’s no wonder I enjoyed this show. Keith Bryon Kirk, who portrays Frederick Douglass, starred in the role of John, in this Broadway show, and producer-director Vincent Marini was involved with that show as well.

Bart Shatto (Bill) and Erin Mosher (Sarah) captured our hearts, as the husband and wife forever separated by the war. Their melancholy solos were performed beautifully, and expressed the devastation felt by so many.

The aforementioned Kirk was also brilliant, as were all the performances of the enslaved, with their soulful gospel sounds. And of course Rob Evan as the Confederate captain, and Michael Lanning as the Union captain were equally awesome in leading the audience through the entire production.

We have a wonderful opportunity folks, to witness the best of Broadway, in the best of all small towns, Gettysburg. This is truly a performance everyone needs to see. I know I certainly be going back a few more times, and in my world there is not a better endorsement.

Now where can I get that soundtrack?

THOMAS D. FORD
DIRECTOR OF Operations
Gettysburg Times

Marguerite Chauvelin
#14re: Wildhorn's For The Glory in Gettysburg, PA
Posted: 7/17/06 at 3:41pm

That's a great review. I thought Burt Shatto was brilliant too.

If Percy Blakeney were in Les Mis....

Percy: Sink me! If it isn't Javvurt!
Javert: Zsah-vair, it's pronounced Zsah-vair.
Pecry: But it's spelled J-A-V-E-R-T Javvurt.
Javert: Repeat after me Zsah...Zsah....
Percy: Oh! Zsa-Zsa! Like the Gabor sister! Well I personally have always prefered Eva.
Javert: (Looks for gun)

StagedoorJane
#15re: Wildhorn's For The Glory in Gettysburg, PA
Posted: 7/17/06 at 4:35pm

My group has seen "For the Glory" four times in Gettysburg, PA.
However you get there, bus, train, car, etc. it is definitely worth the trip. I believe the 2 for 1 ticket offer is still valid. People pay $100+ for a ticket to a show in NYC....sometimes it is worth it and other times not. Please believe me when I say this show is worth the money. Plus it is being played in a town where part of the Civil War was fought.
Tour the battlefields and then see the show....it will really make you stop and think about all of the young men who died then and are dying now....The words of the songs could be sung during any 'war'....As for the cast - top notch people who our group got to know better than we knew them before. They would love seeing you there.

Poppy
#16re: Wildhorn's For The Glory in Gettysburg, PA
Posted: 7/17/06 at 8:06pm

The 2 for 1 is still valid. Dave Clemmons did an outstanding job of casting. The entire company was brilliant. Aaron Lavigne's "Tell My Father" was particularly poignant. I know it was probably just a typo but it's Bart Shatto, not Burt. Hey, actors like to have their name spelled right. re: Wildhorn's For The Glory in Gettysburg, PA

Videos