NT Caroline, or Change Logo

Caroline-Q-or-TBoo Profile Photo
Caroline-Q-or-TBoo
#0NT Caroline, or Change Logo
Posted: 7/25/06 at 11:16pm

thoughts? comments? concerns?

NT Caroline, or Change Logo

"Picture "The View," with the wisecracking, sympathetic sweethearts of that ABC television show replaced by a panel of embittered, suffering or enraged Arab women" -the Times review of Black Eyed

maybethistime
#1re: NT Caroline, or Change Logo
Posted: 7/25/06 at 11:20pm

re: NT Caroline, or Change Logo

Looks like the same concept as the "History Boys" - A black and white image with a slanted title, each word a different boldness and color.

Caroline-Q-or-TBoo Profile Photo
Caroline-Q-or-TBoo
#2re: NT Caroline, or Change Logo
Posted: 7/25/06 at 11:26pm

I like that HB logo except i can't figure out who those boys are! lol

"Picture "The View," with the wisecracking, sympathetic sweethearts of that ABC television show replaced by a panel of embittered, suffering or enraged Arab women" -the Times review of Black Eyed

HereNowhere
#3re: NT Caroline, or Change Logo
Posted: 7/25/06 at 11:31pm

I'd imagine its the London tour cast, or maybe a replacement cast. Whoever they are, they are quite gorgeous re: NT Caroline, or Change Logo

I kinda like the CoC logo. Its not as good as the old one, but still works for the show.

CapnHook Profile Photo
CapnHook
#4re: NT Caroline, or Change Logo
Posted: 7/25/06 at 11:35pm

Hate it. And that actress looks too young for the role.

"The Spectacle has, indeed, an emotional attraction of its own, but, of all the parts, it is the least artistic, and connected least with the art of poetry. For the power of Tragedy, we may be sure, is felt even apart from representation and actors. Besides, the production of spectacular effects depends more on the art of the stage machinist than on that of the poet."
--Aristotle

JackiesBroJoe Profile Photo
JackiesBroJoe
#5re: NT Caroline, or Change Logo

have there been any cast announcements for the National Theatre production?
Updated On: 7/25/06 at 11:35 PM

JackiesBroJoe Profile Photo
JackiesBroJoe
#6re: NT Caroline, or Change Logo

double post Updated On: 7/25/06 at 11:35 PM

respeck Profile Photo
respeck
#7re: NT Caroline, or Change Logo
Posted: 7/25/06 at 11:37pm

I like it but that looks more like Emmy than Caroline. Ah! Put a wig on her!

kissmycookie Profile Photo
kissmycookie
#8re: NT Caroline, or Change Logo
Posted: 7/26/06 at 12:15am

The ad designs for the NT might have been hired to do all of their production ad designs. If you notice the posters for Lincoln Center Theatre, the style of their artwork on their ad designs and posters look the same.

safran Profile Photo
safran
#9re: NT Caroline, or Change Logo
Posted: 7/26/06 at 12:48am

Having just come back from a semester in London, I'm pretty sure in regards to the text-title, that is how they usually do it. That's what Southwark Faire, 2k Years, Royal Hunt... etc's logos looked too. You can see them all on their website: http://www.nationaltheatre.org.uk/

Re History Boys: It is the UK tour cast/when History Boys last played at the National in...January 06 cast.

I like it, it reminds me of Britain for some reason.

gustof777 Profile Photo
gustof777
#10re: NT Caroline, or Change Logo
Posted: 7/26/06 at 2:08am

I like it a lot. I think there are a lot of designs you could go for with this show. I think it's great...just wish I could see it!

RIP Natasha Richardson. ~You were a light on this earth ~

RentBoy86
#11re: NT Caroline, or Change Logo
Posted: 7/26/06 at 2:14am

I don't like whoever the chose for it. She looks to young and just kind of "blah." She doesn't at all look like Caroline.

gustof777 Profile Photo
gustof777
#12re: NT Caroline, or Change Logo
Posted: 7/26/06 at 2:18am

I thought it was Emmie

RIP Natasha Richardson. ~You were a light on this earth ~

RentBoy86
#13re: NT Caroline, or Change Logo
Posted: 7/26/06 at 2:21am

Well that's what I thought too, but I thought someone above said it was suppose to be Caroline? Either way it's kind of misleading. I don't think it really explains what the shows about.

lifeisacabaret
#14re: NT Caroline, or Change Logo
Posted: 7/26/06 at 2:50am

ALL the NT's show Logos/Posters are like that- they wouldve had some very specific criteria in designing this, and wouldnt have been able to deviate from their standard style- its a nationally and internationally recognised style of poster.

Videos