RENT cast recording....

Mikey3
#0RENT cast recording....
Posted: 7/25/06 at 11:43pm

Is there any website has complete list of cast recording that RENT has?

I'm trying so hard to collect them all,but don't know what else I still need to looking for.

GodIHopeIGetIt Profile Photo
GodIHopeIGetIt
#1re: RENT cast recording....
Posted: 7/25/06 at 11:45pm

There is ONE cast recording. One legal cast recording. Then there is a movie soundtrack. That is all.

SDav 10495 Profile Photo
SDav 10495
#2re: RENT cast recording....
Posted: 7/25/06 at 11:49pm

I think Mikey3 is talking about other international cast recordings in addition to the OBCR and OMPS. I don't have a complete list of them, but I'm sure someone somewhere does.

"If there is going to be a restoration fee, there should also be a Renaissance fee, a Middle Ages fee and a Dark Ages fee. Someone must have men in the back room making up names, euphemisms for profit." (Emanuel Azenberg)

GodIHopeIGetIt Profile Photo
GodIHopeIGetIt
#3re: RENT cast recording....
Posted: 7/25/06 at 11:51pm

They're dead hard to get.. there's Spanish, German, Icelandic, Italian... what else... well, I've been trying to get French, but I can only find Out Tonight.

HereNowhere
#4re: RENT cast recording....
Posted: 7/25/06 at 11:51pm

http://www.castalbumdb.com/index.cfm

Just search for Rent. I'm not sure if its 100% complete, but it'll at least give you an idea!

Mikey3
#5re: RENT cast recording....
Posted: 7/25/06 at 11:54pm

OH~I mean different languages or countries.Here is all I have:

Broadway Cast
Japanese Cast
German Cast
Icelandic Cast
Dutch Cast
Italian Cast
Manila Cast
2000 Korean Cast
Swedish Cast
2001 Live Korean Cast
2002 Korean Cast
Hungarian Cast
Movie Cast

They're all legal recording!!!

Mikey3
#6re: RENT cast recording....
Posted: 7/26/06 at 12:35am

French version!!!! Where could get that???

safran Profile Photo
safran
#7re: RENT cast recording....
Posted: 7/26/06 at 1:08am

I don't think they released anything past "On sort ce soir" (Out Tonight). And I don't think you can buy it, either. It used to be on the Quebecois production but I doubt if that website is even still up/the link still works.

RentBoy86
#8re: RENT cast recording....
Posted: 7/26/06 at 2:33am

Why are there so many Korean versions?

ShutterBug Profile Photo
ShutterBug
#9re: RENT cast recording....
Posted: 7/26/06 at 2:46am

any word on where these could be purchased?

frontrowcentre2 Profile Photo
frontrowcentre2
#10re: RENT cast recording....
Posted: 7/26/06 at 3:05am

Try www.footlight.com

Here's a link: http://www.footlight.com/search.cfm?qsearch=true&q=RENT&sCat=&x=12&y=10

Cast albums are NOT "soundtracks."
Live theatre does not use a "soundtrack." If it did, it wouldn't be live theatre!

I host a weekly one-hour radio program featuring cast album selections as well as songs by cabaret, jazz and theatre artists. The program, FRONT ROW CENTRE is heard Sundays 9 to 10 am and also Saturdays from 8 to 9 am (eastern times) on www.proudfm.com

EponineAmneris Profile Photo
EponineAmneris
#11re: RENT cast recording....
Posted: 7/26/06 at 8:49am

VERY interesting. I honestly had no idea there wetre so many recordings rom other countries. And I am a RENThead re: RENT cast recording....

Thank you for the info re: RENT cast recording....

"TO LOVE ANOTHER PERSON IS TO SEE THE FACE OF GOD"- LES MISERABLES--- "THERE'S A SPECIAL KIND OF PEOPLE KNOWN AS SHOW PEOPLE... WE'RE BORN EVERY NIGHT AT HALF HOUR CALL!"--- CURTAINS

Yero my Hero Profile Photo
Yero my Hero
#12re: RENT cast recording....
Posted: 7/26/06 at 9:52am

I know there's a live recording of the Spanish cast out there, but I'm not sure how legal it is or where to find it. But it exists! Good luck!

Nothing matters but knowing nothing matters. ~ Wicked
Everything in life is only for now. ~ Avenue Q
There is no future, there is no past. I live this moment as my last. ~ Rent

"He's a tramp, but I love him."

coolkid11776
#13re: RENT cast recording....
Posted: 7/26/06 at 10:00am

Is this a way to listen to clips to these other casts online? I'm a real Renthead and would love to listen to the show in other lanuguages.
Thanks

Rent The best show on Broadway. I was at the closing. BEST night of my Life. April 29th 1996-September 7th 2008 12 years of love "No Day But Today"

Yero my Hero
#14re: RENT cast recording....
Posted: 7/26/06 at 10:13am

I know it's not exactly what you're looking for, but you can go to the various Amazon.coms (amazon.de, amazon.ca, etc.), search for the albums (it's set up exactly like American Amazon, so you don't need to speak the languages to search) and then you can listen to song clips. I listened to parts of the German soundtrack that way. "Rent" sounds funny in German.

coolkid11776
#15re: RENT cast recording....
Posted: 7/26/06 at 10:19am

What are the alibums called in other languages? What would I search under?

Rent The best show on Broadway. I was at the closing. BEST night of my Life. April 29th 1996-September 7th 2008 12 years of love "No Day But Today"

Yero my Hero
#16re: RENT cast recording....
Posted: 7/26/06 at 10:51am

Search for rent. The show is called RENT in any language.

Mikey3
#17re: RENT cast recording....
Posted: 7/26/06 at 11:57am

I know Spanish cast released a promo single "Seasons of Love"(Live,I think)...I have that~ but I don't know if it releases a whole recording or not.

Just FYI(only what I have,still looking for others)
Broadway Cast- 1996 2CD
Japanese Cast- 1998 CD Single
Live German Cast- 1999 2CD
Icelandic Cast- 1999 1CD
Dutch Cast-2000 1CD
Italian Cast- 2000 1CD
Manila Cast- 2000 CD Single
2000 Korean Cast- 2000 1CD
Swedish Cast- 2001 1CD
2001 Live Korean Cast- 2001 1CD
2002 Korean Cast- 2002 2CD
Hungarian Cast- 2003 1CD
Spanish Cast- 2003 CD Single
Movie Cast- 2006 2CD

Again~they're all legal recordings.It's great and fun to hear RENT in different languages.
Updated On: 7/26/06 at 11:57 AM

Mother's Younger Brother Profile Photo
Mother's Younger Brother
#18re: RENT cast recording....
Posted: 7/26/06 at 12:17pm

There's also www.soundofmusic.de. It's a German site, but they have several foreign languange recordings.

FindingNamo
#19re: RENT cast recording....
Posted: 7/26/06 at 12:48pm

Gee, from "There is ONE cast recording. One legal cast recording. Then there is a movie soundtrack. That is all.." to "They're dead hard to get.. there's Spanish, German, Icelandic, Italian... what else..." in the space of about six minutes.

Congratulations! You're the new mayor of Contradiction City.

Twitter @NamoInExile Instagram none

coolkid11776
#20re: RENT cast recording....
Posted: 7/26/06 at 3:18pm

Does anyone have a link to listen to One song Glory in Spanish. Or the Spanish or Itlian Cast Recording

Thanks

brdwaybabe4life
#21re: RENT cast recording....
Posted: 8/9/10 at 1:09pm

I know this is old, but do you swap recordings? I've got the spanish cast, and looking for other casts.

frontrowcentre2 Profile Photo
frontrowcentre2
#22re: RENT cast recording....
Posted: 8/9/10 at 2:53pm

This link will help others who wanty a fairly comprehensive RENT discography...

RENT cast recordings

Cast albums are NOT "soundtracks."
Live theatre does not use a "soundtrack." If it did, it wouldn't be live theatre!

I host a weekly one-hour radio program featuring cast album selections as well as songs by cabaret, jazz and theatre artists. The program, FRONT ROW CENTRE is heard Sundays 9 to 10 am and also Saturdays from 8 to 9 am (eastern times) on www.proudfm.com

songanddanceman2 Profile Photo
songanddanceman2
#23re: RENT cast recording....
Posted: 8/9/10 at 3:20pm

Shame it never got a UK cast recording from the original 90s run. Saying that we had too many of the Broadway cast in it at first to really justify it.

I would have loved for the disco, dance, pop music version of Rent that is known as Rent Remixed to have got a recordinng

The show was so horrid. I do have a naughty CD of the show which i listen too when i want a giggle. Listening to an emo version of What You Own or a 20s Burlesque version of Out Tonight always makes me smile lol

Namo i love u but we get it already....you don't like Madonna

jimmycurry01
#24re: RENT cast recording....
Posted: 8/9/10 at 4:09pm

I would have loved for the disco, dance, pop music version of Rent that is known as Rent Remixed to have got a recordinng

They did make a five song sampler for that production.

Videos