pixeltracker

"SHAIMless" HAIRSPRAY Movie pics- Page 4

"SHAIMless" HAIRSPRAY Movie pics

mateo Profile Photo
mateo
#75re: 'SHAIMless' HAIRSPRAY Movie pics
Posted: 8/1/06 at 2:51pm

All added to the blog!

thanks again Marc! you make all us Hairhoppers very happy.

"Zac is sweet as can be. He's very much just a sweet kid from California who happens to have a face that looks like it was drawn by Michelangelo, (if Michelangelo did anime)."
-Adam Shankman.

"I haven't left this building since Windows 3.1!"

"Celebrating a birthday this week: Rene Descartes is 412! Do you know who he is? Then why are you watching this show? You could probably get into college and even get one of those job things. As for the rest of us; Amanda Bynes is 22! Yay!"
-E!'s "The Soup"

Color and Light
#76re: 'SHAIMless' HAIRSPRAY Movie pics
Posted: 8/1/06 at 3:06pm

Thank you very much, Marc! I can't begin to tell say how excited I am for this movie, and every tidbit that you share with us is greatly appreciated! The cast and costumes both look great!

Stop looking at my charisma.

NathanLaneStalker
#77re: 'SHAIMless' HAIRSPRAY Movie pics
Posted: 8/1/06 at 3:08pm

Cool!! Thanks Marc! What about John Travolta? How's he going to do this?

"I'm tellin' you, the only times I really feel the presence of God are when I'm having sex and during a great Broadway musical." - Nathan Lane - Jeffrey

Radioactiveduck Profile Photo
Radioactiveduck
#78re: 'SHAIMless' HAIRSPRAY Movie pics
Posted: 8/1/06 at 3:47pm

Why Zac Effron? I'm pretty much in love with the entire project except for him.

Baine Profile Photo
Baine
#79re: 'SHAIMless' HAIRSPRAY Movie pics
Posted: 8/1/06 at 4:44pm

These pictures look absolutely amazing! The actors already give me the chills--they right into the time period! I can't wait to see the full-on costumes. My favorite of the posted pictures are the two of Tabitha Lupien--she's adorable! She looks like she's having SO much fun and her dresses are really nice! (Hopefully those two stay on--so cute!)

The only thing about the movie that disappoints me is the fact that I'll probably still be in Japan when it's released to the silver screen, which means that I'll have to wait for the DVD. Torture, I tell you! Torture!! I've been waiting for this movie for so long!

If you're considering fan suggestions for the DVD release (however premature this may be), if there are any numbers that wind up being cut (or if numbers from the musical are filmed but not put into the movie due to new songs, etc), it would be nice to have the ability to click an option to play the songs in with the rest of the movie. I'm always sad when I watch extras and I can't watch them in their intended locations with the rest of the movie because it wrecks the flow. That's one reason that I was willing to spend a fortune for the LOTR extended versions!!

Thank you again for giving us the 'inside scoop' as you create the movie, Marc! It's moments like this that make me love the fact that I'm a part of this community (even if I DO lurk more than I post!)

Thank you so much! Arigatou gozaimasu!!

mateo Profile Photo
mateo
#80re: 'SHAIMless' HAIRSPRAY Movie pics
Posted: 8/1/06 at 4:47pm

Baine, i am sure the film will be released in Japan! and if it is get snaps of all the marquees!

Heasuporei!

"Zac is sweet as can be. He's very much just a sweet kid from California who happens to have a face that looks like it was drawn by Michelangelo, (if Michelangelo did anime)."
-Adam Shankman.

"I haven't left this building since Windows 3.1!"

"Celebrating a birthday this week: Rene Descartes is 412! Do you know who he is? Then why are you watching this show? You could probably get into college and even get one of those job things. As for the rest of us; Amanda Bynes is 22! Yay!"
-E!'s "The Soup"

sidneybruhl Profile Photo
sidneybruhl
#81re: 'SHAIMless' HAIRSPRAY Movie pics
Posted: 8/1/06 at 4:49pm

Thanks for sharing the pics Marc!

DBillyP Profile Photo
DBillyP
#82re: 'SHAIMless' HAIRSPRAY Movie pics
Posted: 8/1/06 at 5:39pm

This is like watching a "making of" featurette on the DVD before the movie has even been released! Thanks Marc!

"I am open, and I am willing, For to be hopeless would seem so strange. It dishonors those who go before us, So lift me up to the light of change." Holly Near

Baine Profile Photo
Baine
#83re: 'SHAIMless' HAIRSPRAY Movie pics
Posted: 8/1/06 at 5:40pm

I will, Mateo! (I'll snap some pics of any old PGSM billboards that I may find and send them to you, too...or Sera Myu ads! <3)

Thread-Jack: I'm actually going to be blogging my experiences on LJ if you're interested.... (I leave this coming Saturday! So nervous!!!)

Corine2 Profile Photo
Corine2
#84re: 'SHAIMless' HAIRSPRAY Movie pics
Posted: 8/1/06 at 6:00pm

Nice pictures, Mr Shaiman.
I'm still upset that you did not use Harvey, Vilanch, Matt Morrison, Chester Gregory but life is short. So, congratulations.
I admire you but I still would have loved to have seen the original Hairspray cast in this film.
I will still see it with Travolta. Who knows, he could impress me.
He was one of my first crushes in Grease. I can't imagine him as Edna. You never know.
I still like to think of Travolta as a sex symbol.
Seeing him as Edna is a big stretch. Sort of like seeing myself as Ms Universe. HA HA. Updated On: 8/1/06 at 06:00 PM

Bal
#85re: 'SHAIMless' HAIRSPRAY Movie pics
Posted: 8/1/06 at 6:36pm

One, Matt Morrison is too old to fit with the teenagery look of the rest of that 'generation' of cast.

Second, Corine, let's be polite and respectful shall we?

Thanks so much for the pictures, Marc. Thinking of us when you're so busy is SO sweet. I'm really excited to see the movie when it comes out!

"Well, obviously Company is about the Kennedy family. Bobby is played by Raul, and JFK is played by Harvey Fierstein." -vfd88

Elphaba Profile Photo
Elphaba
#86re: 'SHAIMless' HAIRSPRAY Movie pics
Posted: 8/1/06 at 6:40pm

I cannot wait for this, thanks Marc!

It is ridiculous to set a detective story in New York City. New York City is itself a detective story... AGATHA CHRISTIE, Life magazine, May 14, 1956

Greekmusicalfan Profile Photo
Greekmusicalfan
#87re: 'SHAIMless' HAIRSPRAY Movie pics
Posted: 8/1/06 at 6:50pm

Well, excuse me Bal, but Corine's post WAS both polite and respectful, like all of her posts. And for the record, I mostly agree with her (except for the part about Travolta as a sex symbol still)!
But I do have complete faith in Marc and Scott and I am sure the movie will be wonderful ! Wow, the Hairspray movie and the Catch Me If You Can show are great things to look forward to for next year !
So THANK YOU, MARC about the pics and info !!!!!
(And I do hope the DVD will have a big nice documentary a la RENT about the show, including show clips with the OB Cast !)
Updated On: 8/1/06 at 06:50 PM

Fiction Writer Profile Photo
Fiction Writer
#88re: 'SHAIMless' HAIRSPRAY Movie pics
Posted: 8/1/06 at 6:54pm

I hope the DVD featurettes are just as long as the movie, if not longer.

Can't wait!

DottieD'Luscia Profile Photo
DottieD'Luscia
#89re: 'SHAIMless' HAIRSPRAY Movie pics
Posted: 8/1/06 at 7:00pm

I like the pictures, and glad they went with people who look age appropriate. It's also nice to see some new faces.

Hey Dottie! Did your colleagues enjoy the cake even though your cat decided to sit on it? ~GuyfromGermany

JamesMacon Profile Photo
JamesMacon
#90re: 'SHAIMless' HAIRSPRAY Movie pics
Posted: 8/1/06 at 7:16pm

They look great. I can not wait for the movie.

Greekmusicalfan
#91re: 'SHAIMless' HAIRSPRAY Movie pics
Posted: 8/1/06 at 7:20pm

Dottie, knowing me and my crush, you know that age-appropriate comment shot an arrow through my heart, right ? Matt DOESN'T look old !!! re: 'SHAIMless' HAIRSPRAY Movie pics

Updated On: 8/1/06 at 07:20 PM

DottieD'Luscia
#92re: 'SHAIMless' HAIRSPRAY Movie pics
Posted: 8/1/06 at 7:21pm

Greek, I would never do that!! I also don't have a clue who you're referring to!?!

Hey Dottie! Did your colleagues enjoy the cake even though your cat decided to sit on it? ~GuyfromGermany

Greekmusicalfan
#93re: 'SHAIMless' HAIRSPRAY Movie pics
Posted: 8/1/06 at 7:23pm

I edited it, so now you know re: 'SHAIMless' HAIRSPRAY Movie pics

DottieD'Luscia
#94re: 'SHAIMless' HAIRSPRAY Movie pics
Posted: 8/1/06 at 7:25pm

Of course he doesn't, but next to those kids, he'd look slightly older (emphasis on slightly)!!

Greekmusicalfan
#95re: 'SHAIMless' HAIRSPRAY Movie pics
Posted: 8/1/06 at 7:27pm

But he'd still look gorgeous, sing like an angel and dance better than Kelly and Astaire combined ! (wow, I actually AM biased after all LOL)

DottieD'Luscia
#96re: 'SHAIMless' HAIRSPRAY Movie pics
Posted: 8/1/06 at 7:30pm

You most certainly are!! I certainly can't wait for the movie to come out.

#97re: 'SHAIMless' HAIRSPRAY Movie pics
Posted: 8/1/06 at 7:35pm

HAIRSPRAY movie costume designer replying to your message. Pictures taken out of context should never be released!!!! BE warned, this is a movie, not a stage show, and in movies we design REAL-looking period clothes which define the characters and tell the story. Be assured that this movie will look real AND fabulous. Nowhere is it written that costumes have to be designed in garish color and big silly overblown shapes. Try not to be a spoiler, and enjoy the film when it comes out. I suggest you take a look at the original movie if you haven't seen it.

#98re: 'SHAIMless' HAIRSPRAY Movie pics
Posted: 8/1/06 at 7:39pm

I am the costume designer for the movie. You are seeing a handful of pictures out of context that really should not be available online. Nowhere is it written that costumes have to be designed in garish color. In movies we try to keep it real. A movie is a huge jigsaw puzzle where everything is balanced and the clothes tell a story. Don't be a spoiler, and wait till the movie comes out!!!

OnMyWay Profile Photo
OnMyWay
#99re: 'SHAIMless' HAIRSPRAY Movie pics
Posted: 8/1/06 at 7:49pm

Well I think the costumes look great. This is all so thrilling! YAY HAY.

"People that excel in the arts understand that the journey is the reward...the result an added bonus. Every day I act or train is a blessing and a dream come true. If Broadway beckons so be it. I have a personal definition of success that is unshakable by a possibly unobtainable goal." -HamletWasBipolar