pixeltracker

Jersey Boys, Wicked, or Drowsy tom?

Jersey Boys, Wicked, or Drowsy tom?

Anthony3 Profile Photo
Anthony3
#0Jersey Boys, Wicked, or Drowsy tom?
Posted: 8/1/06 at 6:57pm

Hi

Ill be in the city tom. I want to try JERSEY BOYS SRO (I would line up at 10am).

Also, can someone please tell me how crowded the DROWSY and WICKED lotteries are for a Wednesday matinee? If i have no luck with JERSEY BOYS I will try the WICKED or DROWSY lottery.

any help is great. Thanks!

gustof777 Profile Photo
gustof777
#1re: Jersey Boys, Wicked, or Drowsy tom?
Posted: 8/1/06 at 6:59pm

I would guess that Wicked's will be more crowded than Drowsys but that's just a guess

RIP Natasha Richardson. ~You were a light on this earth ~

Becoz_i_knew_you21 Profile Photo
Becoz_i_knew_you21
#2re: Jersey Boys, Wicked, or Drowsy tom?
Posted: 8/1/06 at 6:59pm

I'm just saying don't get your hope's up for Wicked unless your a super-lucky person. Everyone says the Wicked lotto is the hardest.

Anthony3 Profile Photo
Anthony3
#3re: Jersey Boys, Wicked, or Drowsy tom?
Posted: 8/1/06 at 7:01pm

ya... I tried Wicked's on a Friday night (big mistake!).There were about 300 people. Im not lucky at all re: Jersey Boys, Wicked,  or Drowsy tom?

I figure it would be less crowed on a Matinee.

EponineAmneris Profile Photo
EponineAmneris
#4re: Jersey Boys, Wicked, or Drowsy tom?
Posted: 8/1/06 at 8:28pm

WICKED is worth the try at the lottery... But it is VERY tough simply due to the volume. I won, though re: Jersey Boys, Wicked,  or Drowsy tom? Get there early.

I would go for JERSEY BOYS second. JLY is amazing.

I am a HUGE Broadway fan (obviously) but DROWSEY leaves me... well... drowsey. re: Jersey Boys, Wicked,  or Drowsy tom? No offense, but I just can't get into it.

Go see about DIRTY ROTTEN SCOUNDRELS and/or THE WEDDING SINGER re: Jersey Boys, Wicked,  or Drowsy tom?

"TO LOVE ANOTHER PERSON IS TO SEE THE FACE OF GOD"- LES MISERABLES--- "THERE'S A SPECIAL KIND OF PEOPLE KNOWN AS SHOW PEOPLE... WE'RE BORN EVERY NIGHT AT HALF HOUR CALL!"--- CURTAINS
Updated On: 8/1/06 at 08:28 PM

Go2The80's-radness Profile Photo
Go2The80's-radness
#5re: Jersey Boys, Wicked, or Drowsy tom?
Posted: 8/1/06 at 8:33pm

wow...
for them all being Tony nomanated shows i dont know
my vote is Jersey Boys or Wicked
Drowsy Chaperone kind of confused me a little!

Hey Homie-G Dont make me *b.y.b Or else I'll just be me And You will see that you will flee -That is Me and one of my best friend Mandi's hit song "Homie-G" *b.y.b means bust your butt*

matt schneider
#6re: Jersey Boys, Wicked, or Drowsy tom?
Posted: 8/1/06 at 8:42pm

My vote is for drowsy.

The bushes of Tex were nervous recks because their son was dim, But look what happened to him~Dirrty Rotten Scoundrels~all about Ruprecht They say the thoughtful musicals dead on broadway~forbiden broadway : SVU~The crime scene Never say never, there's always one more person you can hit up~avenue Q.~the money song Life sucks, get a pacifyer~my own saying

Anthony3 Profile Photo
Anthony3
#7re: Jersey Boys, Wicked, or Drowsy tom?
Posted: 8/1/06 at 10:42pm

Ive seen Drowsy last wednesday, but I would definetly see it again! I saw Wicked 2 times and would also see that again! I never saw Jersey Boys, so I will try to get tix for that first. If no luck, then Ill try Wicked and if no luck with that, then Drowsy.

Is the wicked lottery easier on the matinees, or it doesnt matter?
How about Drowsy?

Thanks for all your help! :)

GodIHopeIGetIt Profile Photo
GodIHopeIGetIt
#8re: Jersey Boys, Wicked, or Drowsy tom?
Posted: 8/1/06 at 11:05pm

Eponine, spell 'Drowsy' right if you're goning to bash it...

I'd see Jersey Boys while John Lloyd is in it, he really makes the show. The Wicked lotto is simply impossible, even on Wednesday matinees.

veryownplanetz Profile Photo
veryownplanetz
#9re: Jersey Boys, Wicked, or Drowsy tom?
Posted: 8/1/06 at 11:29pm

i dont know if youve seen Wedding Singer yet but if you're in for a good time, go see it!i know thats not one of the choices you listed but if you cant get tix to any of those, go to TWS!!

JamesMacon Profile Photo
JamesMacon
#10re: Jersey Boys, Wicked, or Drowsy tom?
Posted: 8/2/06 at 12:05am

Wicked lotto is Wicked lotto - no matter what performance, it will always be very difficult to win.

GodIHopeIGetIt
#11re: Jersey Boys, Wicked, or Drowsy tom?
Posted: 8/2/06 at 12:18am

I've actually said that to someone... "it's as impossible as winning the 'Wicked' lotto"...

WHY doesn't ANYONE have any idea of what I'm talking about?!?

John Lloyd Young sometimes comes out and gives water bottles to the people in the Student Rush line.. hopefully he did today with the crazies up there in the 101 degree heat... (speaking of which, I saw Jersey Boys tonight..:) )

popular_elphie Profile Photo
popular_elphie
#12re: Jersey Boys, Wicked, or Drowsy tom?
Posted: 8/2/06 at 12:40am

If you're willing to wait in the heat, JB is a great choice. Wicked and Drowsy are both pretty hard to win.

HopeIGetIt, how was the show?

mrs felciano
#13re: Jersey Boys, Wicked, or Drowsy tom?
Posted: 8/2/06 at 12:52am

Isn't JB hard to win too?

Well, whatever you see..good luck!

gustof777 Profile Photo
gustof777
#14re: Jersey Boys, Wicked, or Drowsy tom?
Posted: 8/2/06 at 12:53am

and if all else fails...see my signature

GodIHopeIGetIt
#15re: Jersey Boys, Wicked, or Drowsy tom?
Posted: 8/2/06 at 12:54am

It was quite good... I'm not a huge fan of Jersey Boys (ZOMG DRWOZY 4LYF :) ) but JLY always shines. He really lights up the stage. A few swings and understudies in ensemble roles... all in all, a good performance. I wouldn't rave about it, and it wasn't my favorite I've seen, but it was a good show all in all.

Wasn't tonight JLY's first night back from vocal rest, or am I hallucinating (again..)?

GodIHopeIGetIt
#16re: Jersey Boys, Wicked, or Drowsy tom?
Posted: 8/2/06 at 12:55am

gust- EVERYONE must see Sweeney. It's one of the more expensive student rushes though...

gustof777 Profile Photo
gustof777
#17re: Jersey Boys, Wicked, or Drowsy tom?
Posted: 8/2/06 at 12:56am

but worth it right?

GodIHopeIGetIt
#18re: Jersey Boys, Wicked, or Drowsy tom?
Posted: 8/2/06 at 1:10am

106% worth it.

I've seen it six times already *blushes* and loved every minute of it. GO SEE SWEENEY BEFORE IT CLOSES!

popular_elphie
#19re: Jersey Boys, Wicked, or Drowsy tom?
Posted: 8/2/06 at 2:14am

HopeIGetIt, do you mind telling me what roles the swings were on for? I know it's annoying - just seeing who's out this week.

Glad to hear JLY was great!

And go see Sweeney!

GodIHopeIGetIt
#20re: Jersey Boys, Wicked, or Drowsy tom?
Posted: 8/2/06 at 2:20am

I just wrote out the entire cast for a friend, so
Frankie Valli - John Lloyd Young
Tommy DeVito- Christian Hoff
Bob Gaudio- Daniel Richard
Nick Massi- J. Robert Spencer
Gyp De Carlo (and others) - Mark Lotito
Joey, Recording Studio Engineer (and others) - Michael Longoria
Nick DeVito, Stosh, Billy Dixon, Norman Wazman, Charlie Calleo (and others)- John Leone
Bob Crewe (and others)- Donnie Kehr
Stanley, Hank Majewski, Crewe's PA, Joe Long (and others)- Dominic Nolfi
Marry Delgado, Angel (and others)- Jennifer Naimo
Church Lady, Miss Frankie Nolan, Bob' Party Girl, Angel Lorraine (and others)- Erica Piccininni
Frankie's Mother, Nick's Date, Angel, Francine (and others) - Sara Schmidt
French Rap Star, Detective One, Hal Miller (and others)- Kris Coleman

popular_elphie
#21re: Jersey Boys, Wicked, or Drowsy tom?
Posted: 8/2/06 at 2:46am

Donnie played Bob Crewe? Ahhh! I hope Peter's not out this whole week.

Did you enjoy Kris? You saw his first night!

#22re: Jersey Boys, Wicked, or Drowsy tom?
Posted: 8/2/06 at 11:22am

We were in town last week... tried Wicked lotto on Wednesday afternoon, about 200 people there... didn't win so went to tkts, and that was the longest line I saw there all week. Got 1/2 price tickets to Wedding Singer... what a great show.
Also saw Drowsy on that trip, really enjoyed it (esp Adolopho!) We also went by Jersey Boys (at about 12 noon) to get tickets for a future trip and there were still 5 people there in line for the tickets that night (8 pm show), I talked with one of them and they said they'd been there since 8 AM (she also said the 1st people there that got tickets had gotten there at 6 AM) so just an FYI.... Also, it was Extremely hot there last week and its supposd to be even hotter this week (over 100), so please take care and drink lots of water.

Anthony3 Profile Photo
Anthony3
#23re: Jersey Boys, Wicked, or Drowsy tom?
Posted: 8/3/06 at 6:00pm

Well, I got SRO tickets for Jersey Boys Matinee yesterday. It was very hot, I was on line for 2 hours! John Lloyd Young came and gave out water bottles!

I then won the Drowsy Chaperone Lottery for the 8pm show! We sat in the first row. It was great.
Updated On: 8/3/06 at 06:00 PM

Lady Italy Profile Photo
Lady Italy
#24re: Jersey Boys, Wicked, or Drowsy tom?
Posted: 8/3/06 at 7:20pm

I don't believe that Drowsy and/or Wicked will be to difficult to get. Now Jersey Boys...that may be another story!

Videos