pixeltracker

Martin Ball's West End 'Wicked' Diary- Page 2

Martin Ball's West End 'Wicked' Diary

Freckles1329 Profile Photo
Freckles1329
#25re: Martin Ball's West End 'Wicked' Diary
Posted: 9/5/06 at 12:18am

That was the best video so far! I'm glad we finally got to meet the cast/crew, even though I love watching Martin! He could keep me amused all day! haha

"For example, if I should paint my fingernails green - and it just so happens I do paint them green. Well, if anyone should ask me why, I say: 'I think it's pretty!'"

Dre2387 Profile Photo
Dre2387
#26re: Martin Ball's West End 'Wicked' Diary
Posted: 9/5/06 at 12:51am

me too! I love him with his new haircut. I also love British guys.

and here is my idea: any guy (but especially British, Scottish, and Irish guys) who wears a black, navy, or hunter green turtle-necks is hott! No bright colors, white, or even dark red. what do you think?

<--- the set of A Midsummer Night's Dream that I was assistant stage manager for during the 2007 season at the STNJ outdoor stage.

-Dre-
You must remember all the same that at the crux of every game is knowing when it's time to leave the table... And it's important to be artful in your exit. No turning back, you must accept the con is done... It was a ball, it was a blast. And it's a shame it couldn't last. But every chapter has to end, you must agree.
~Dirty Rotten Scoundrels~

There's a special kind of people known as show people. We live in a world full of dreams. Sometimes we're not too certain what's false and what's real. But we're seldom in doubt about what we feel.
~Curtains~

It is a far, far better thing I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest I go to, than I have ever known.
~A Tale of Two Cities ~

Yero
#27re: Martin Ball's West End 'Wicked' Diary
Posted: 9/5/06 at 12:54am

So wait.
Courtyard scene? When did Wicked ever have a courtyard scene? Also, after the whole Idina thing, there's the guy playing the piano. Either that song is just some random song he's playing, or... it's a new song, that takes place in a courtyard?

"I have this mental image of Patti barreling down the street and pushing tourists out of her way." -colleen_lee

missyrose87
#28re: Martin Ball's West End 'Wicked' Diary
Posted: 9/5/06 at 12:59am

I was thinking the same thing about the song- i wonder if its new. I think the courtyard seen is the one right before One Short Day, when Elphie is about to get on the train and Fiyero comes.

Yero
#29re: Martin Ball's West End 'Wicked' Diary
Posted: 9/5/06 at 1:04am

I don't think they are in a courtyard though, I always thought they were already at the train station.

"I have this mental image of Patti barreling down the street and pushing tourists out of her way." -colleen_lee

leeinlondon
#30re: Martin Ball's West End 'Wicked' Diary
Posted: 9/5/06 at 6:23am

I am going to the first preview this Thursday so will report back asap about any changes between the Broadway version and London show.

NJRae Profile Photo
NJRae
#31re: Martin Ball's West End 'Wicked' Diary
Posted: 9/5/06 at 9:41am

Oh lucky you! I'm glad someone will be reporting back though. I heard there were going to be several changes, but I thought they were mostly in jokes that would be told.

Can't wait to hear all about it!

"I wrote a book: "How to Be Popular". Now I've put together a top ten list of how to help you: -Elphie, everyday... shower. I mean, who knows? Maybe some of that green is gonna come off! -Deodorant Elphie. No body likes a stinky witch! -I think we've covered the hair, we'll get to that. -Clean underclothes. That's all I'm gonna say. -Look at your posture. That's no way to be popular! -Bed made, room straightened. We've done that. -Colors blended. Oookay. -But the most important thing to have, to make yourself popular, is to keep your beautiful smile." ~Kristin Chenoweth in her last performance of the song "Popular"

BSoBW2
#32re: Martin Ball's West End 'Wicked' Diary
Posted: 9/5/06 at 10:52am

Isn't the intro to DANCING THROUGH LIFE in the "courtyard?"

NJRae Profile Photo
NJRae
#33re: Martin Ball's West End 'Wicked' Diary
Posted: 9/5/06 at 11:07am

I think you're right, I think it is. But Elphaba isn't in that scene, is she? Seen the show three times and can't remember for the life of me!

"I wrote a book: "How to Be Popular". Now I've put together a top ten list of how to help you: -Elphie, everyday... shower. I mean, who knows? Maybe some of that green is gonna come off! -Deodorant Elphie. No body likes a stinky witch! -I think we've covered the hair, we'll get to that. -Clean underclothes. That's all I'm gonna say. -Look at your posture. That's no way to be popular! -Bed made, room straightened. We've done that. -Colors blended. Oookay. -But the most important thing to have, to make yourself popular, is to keep your beautiful smile." ~Kristin Chenoweth in her last performance of the song "Popular"

jonartdesigns Profile Photo
jonartdesigns
#34re: Martin Ball's West End 'Wicked' Diary
Posted: 9/5/06 at 12:14pm

the courtyard could very well be the random location that elphaba sings "i'm not that girl" in

"Grease," the fourth revival of the season, is the worst show in the history of theater and represents an unparalleled assault on Western civilization and its values. - Michael Reidel

Yero
#35re: Martin Ball's West End 'Wicked' Diary
Posted: 9/5/06 at 12:20pm

I'm not that girl takes place under the bridge. Where that bridge is, I have no idea.
Could be Dancing Through Life, I've never thought about where it was.

BSoBW2
#36re: Martin Ball's West End 'Wicked' Diary
Posted: 9/5/06 at 2:49pm

That's the only courtyard I can think of.

Elphaba is in it, or just after the courtyard, with Nessa re: the party...

snl89
#37re: Martin Ball's West End 'Wicked' Diary
Posted: 9/6/06 at 12:13am

I definitely assumed she was talking about the scene before I'm not that girl... but thats true, dancing through life IS actually more of a couryard... but elphie's only in that part for like... a tiny, tiny amount of time, no? though.. maybe, could she mean the scene right after dear old shiz/before wizard and I?? isn't that in the courtyard also? I could be wrong.. haha

I don't need a life that's normal. That's way too far away. But something next to normal would be okay. Something next to normal is what I'd like to try. Close enough to normal to get by.

BSoBW2
#38re: Martin Ball's West End 'Wicked' Diary
Posted: 9/6/06 at 12:20am

Dear Old SHiz must take place inside because there are thos paintings and that curtain hanging.

But who knows. A lot of things in the show don't connect.

Videos