pixeltracker

taxi + Beauty and the Beast =- Page 2

taxi + Beauty and the Beast =

myManCape Profile Photo
myManCape
#25re: taxi + Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 8/11/06 at 11:42pm

I guess no one told Billy Joel that Movin Out isnt playing on that block any more.

"Have they come yet?"

InfiniteTheaterFrenzy Profile Photo
InfiniteTheaterFrenzy
#26re: taxi + Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 8/25/06 at 2:20am

SO MARY STOUT REALLY WAS HIT BY A HOT DOG CART?!?!?! Did they really hear her screaming in Macy's?!?!!?! That's insane!!! CurtainPullDowner, what else do you know and how do you know this??? Did you ask Hunter/ Jeff?

[title of show] on Broadway. it's time. believe.

GodIHopeIGetIt Profile Photo
GodIHopeIGetIt
#27re: taxi + Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 8/25/06 at 2:34am

CurtainPullDowner and MyManCape are my favorites today.

flicker_ Profile Photo
flicker_
#28re: taxi + Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 8/25/06 at 2:37am

camp_actor: I hope that the productions you've mentioned don't close. I, for one, have yet to see Phantom of the Opera. In fact, MANY people haven't seen it, or the other plays you've mentioned. And yes, you are correct, the reason why these shows are running so long is because they're popular and it means good business. But, hey, Broadway is a business as much as it is an art. Also, just because some tourists want to see a show doesn't mean the play loses its integrity. That's such an insult to the show. Just because you've seen these shows and you're just so bored with them doesn't mean that they should be discontinued. And last I heard, new plays are still being made while the old classics exist.

Opera is when a guy gets stabbed in the back and, instead of bleeding, he sings.

MyNameInLights Profile Photo
MyNameInLights
#29re: taxi + Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 8/25/06 at 3:04am

So, uh, camp_actor, do you enjoy anything?

"The stage is where I live and come alive and act out all the things that go on in my life. It's not just what I do for a living, it's my shrink and my love affair. No one in my life has ever or ever will kiss me on the mouth like this lover called my relationship with my performance."

camp_actor
#30re: taxi + Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 8/25/06 at 7:01am

Wow, things you say come back to haunt you.

MyNameInLights, to answer your question: Yes, I do. I do enjoy these shows. Go back, read my comments thoroughly before you jump down my throat.

Flicker - Yes, there are new things coming, but it is almost impossible for them to move in anywhere because there are so many old shows limping along. I'm not saying the shows aren't good to an extent. Of course they are. Closing them on Broadway and the West End isn't the end of the world. There'll still be touring productions and regional productions. Shows don't die just because they have gone from the Great White Way. But shows must move out so that new shows can come in (it's the Circle of Theatrical Life...you might say!). There are many new shows that, though excellent, are finding it impossible to move on from where they are because there aren't enough theatres/funding. Producers are more happy to keep on something which has been playing relatively solidly for a quarter of a century than to take a risk on anything new. It's a problem.

"Just because you've seen these shows and you're just so bored with them doesn't mean that they should be discontinued."

I'm only bored with them because they seem to be bored with themselves. I'm serious when I say that these shows are nothing like the standard and energy that they used to be. How can they be when they don't even have directors any more. They are sloppy - of course they are, the stage managers now take over the directors job - "This is your track...you go here...the last girl did this..."
How is that a creative process? It is an imitation of an imitation of an imitation of the original performance. And like a photocopy of a photocopy it loses it's detail.

What I am saying is healthy. Change is healthy. These shows wont die. They will stay being loved and being performed, but they should move out so that change and evolution in theatre can occur.

jjoey076 Profile Photo
jjoey076
#31re: taxi + Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 8/25/06 at 11:22am

I read Making it on Broadway...it depressed me.

camp_actor
#32re: taxi + Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 8/26/06 at 6:43am

jjoey, it depressed me too.

goldenstate5
#33re: taxi + Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 8/26/06 at 7:03am

Am I the only one who is instantly reminded of the Family Guy episode where Peter crashes his car onto the stage of Cats by this?...
Updated On: 8/26/06 at 07:03 AM

InfiniteTheaterFrenzy Profile Photo
InfiniteTheaterFrenzy
#34re: taxi + Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 7/30/07 at 4:12pm

So now that everyone is mourning the closing of Beauty and the Beast, I want to take a moment to specifically mourn the closing of the show that gave us "Mary Stout was hit by a hot dog cart!" rumors.

re: taxi + Beauty and the Beast

[title of show] on Broadway. it's time. believe.

SNLMedia Profile Photo
SNLMedia
#35re: taxi + Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 7/30/07 at 4:15pm

I love that photo! And don't forget, a drag queen stole Hunter's shrimp! re: taxi + Beauty and the Beast

"The world is a better place because of hairspray." - Michael Ball

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#36re: taxi + Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 7/30/07 at 4:33pm

re: taxi + Beauty and the Beast

What about these guys?! Are they okay?!

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt