Ashley Brown's story

Born2cthelightsofbway Profile Photo
Born2cthelightsofbway
#0Ashley Brown's story
Posted: 8/11/06 at 10:30pm

Hey. I love Ashley Brown, I think she is so talented. I was just curious one of my friends told me she was discovered at school by a disney casting director? I was wondering if this was true, and if so, what was the name of the casting director? And if what situation was she discovered? Thanks!!!

"You alone can make my song take flight, it's over now, the Music of the Night!!!!!"

Wanna Be A Foster Profile Photo
Wanna Be A Foster
#1re: Ashley Brown's story
Posted: 8/11/06 at 10:35pm

It premiered on Lifetime tonight. It's ending just about now, but I'm sure they'll air it again. Best of luck.

"Winning a Tony this year is like winning Best Attendance in third grade: no one will care but the winner and their mom."
-Kad

"I have also met him in person, and I find him to be quite funny actually. Arrogant and often misinformed, but still funny."
-bjh2114 (on Michael Riedel)

whatyouown223 Profile Photo
whatyouown223
#2re: Ashley Brown's story
Posted: 8/11/06 at 10:36pm

Well she is a graduate of CCM, so it wouldn't surprise me if she was discovered at the senior showcase or something.

Born2cthelightsofbway Profile Photo
Born2cthelightsofbway
#3re: Ashley Brown's story
Posted: 8/11/06 at 10:37pm

Wait, what was on Lifetime tonight?

"You alone can make my song take flight, it's over now, the Music of the Night!!!!!"

neddyfrank2
#4re: Ashley Brown's story
Posted: 8/11/06 at 10:39pm

Ashley Brown's story...

Duh

It was really a great film

A shame you missed it re: Ashley Brown's story

CurtainPullDowner Profile Photo
CurtainPullDowner
#5re: Ashley Brown's story
Posted: 8/11/06 at 11:18pm

Yeah, Lindsay Lohan was excellent as Ashley!

TenThousandThings Profile Photo
TenThousandThings
#6re: Ashley Brown's story
Posted: 8/12/06 at 12:10am

Why can no one see this for what it is? Disney is creating an artificial demand for Ashley Brown in order to sell more tickets and increase their own revenue! Ashley is a talented girl, but certainly no more than many others who deserve ten times the publicity she's received. If Disney creates a star, they are only acting in their own interests -- in effect, lining their own pockets. This Lifetime special is just part of the plan.

Case in point: if she had been the perfect choice for Mary Poppins, why did Disney make her quit "Beauty" three months early to send her to London for intense vocal training?

Ashley is, like everyone I've known from CCM, quite talented. She was seen, with the rest of her class, at her senior showcase in NYC. The casting director of "On the Record" called her in after seeing her in the showcase. CCM's showcase is one of the most anticipated and well-attended by casting directors and agents.

And on that topic, here's something you don't hear about every day: Lisa Howard got more offers (19) from agents after her showcase performance than any other student in CCM history . . . and, in my opinion, her talent blows Ashley Brown out of the water!!!

BrightEyedInNYC Profile Photo
BrightEyedInNYC
#7re: Ashley Brown's story
Posted: 8/12/06 at 2:26am

tenthousandthings.

just a cuple of words. ashley was not sent to london for "intense vocal training." i know her personally. she grew up in my hometown and she actually came home this summer to her high school voice teacher to get this "intense vocal training" she supposedly needs. i believe she told me she was going to london to study dialect.
and Disney did not create her. she's always been a star. everyone has to start somewhere.
what's the artificial demand for Ashley? i don't live near New York and all the websites i've looked at (such as the very one we're on, and broadway.com, etc.) creates a demand for the show, not her. what am i missing? has she been on good morning america or something? (i don't mean that sarcastically) i'd love to understand where your coming from. i'm very open minded.
and, you got really angry about a lifetime project that doesn't exist. earlier posters were joking around.
sorry if i sound rude or anything, but i will defend my girl :)

"My Mother's punishing me for going to jail without permission!" ~Penny Pingleton from HaIrSpRaY

luvtheEmcee Profile Photo
luvtheEmcee
#8re: Ashley Brown's story
Posted: 8/12/06 at 2:37am

Artificial demand in that yes, she is talented, but no, she is not outrageously, uniquely talented; all she has to make her so extraordinary is Disney's backing. Disney has the ability to make her seem like a huge star, hence artificial demand. Disney is labelling her as a star and putting her in lead roles in two of their own musicals in a very short period of time. They are creating their own money-making machine out of this girl.

A work of art is an invitation to love.

BrightEyedInNYC
#9re: Ashley Brown's story
Posted: 8/12/06 at 3:03am

thanks! that makes sense. see? told ya i'm open minded :)
it's totally just that whole in the right place at the right time thing, ykno? i was just a little upset because they were saying that she didn't deserve the publicity she's getting, other people deserve more, etc. when it is not ashley's fault. they need to find a disney bashing thread.lol.

"My Mother's punishing me for going to jail without permission!" ~Penny Pingleton from HaIrSpRaY

WickedGeek28 Profile Photo
WickedGeek28
#10re: Ashley Brown's story
Posted: 8/12/06 at 8:37am

"she's always been a star"

Sadly, in the real world, she hasn't and still isn't. Maybe Mary Poppins will get her some publicity though.

"You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view - until you climb into his skin and walk around in it."
To Kill A Mockingbird

TenThousandThings Profile Photo
TenThousandThings
#11re: Ashley Brown's story
Posted: 8/12/06 at 11:18am

Bright Eyed: I'm not trying to bash Ashley. She is a lovely person and a talented performer, and I hope it came through that I was saying that and not trying to be rude. And I guess I misunderstood the Lifetime joke. *hangsheadinshame*

Emcee said it better than I did -- and it has NOTHING to do with Ashley. It has everything to do with Disney using her as a pawn. So maybe you're right and I do need a Disney bashing thread! :0)

BrightEyedInNYC
#12re: Ashley Brown's story
Posted: 8/13/06 at 1:22am

that's better :)
and i'll be the first to admit that it will be a sad day when they create a lifetime story about her. lol.

Videos