pixeltracker

Most Demanding Broadway Roles- Page 3

Most Demanding Broadway Roles

theaterdude87 Profile Photo
theaterdude87
#50re: Most Demanding Broadway Roles
Posted: 11/24/06 at 10:38pm

I have heard that Elle Woods is demanding. In Interviews I have read with Jerry he says that she leaves the stage for maybe 2-5 minutes the whole show.

for fierce, fabulous and fun times visit eric mathew's world. http://ericmathew.blogspot.com/

aspiringactress Profile Photo
aspiringactress
#51re: Most Demanding Broadway Roles
Posted: 11/25/06 at 12:49am

To reply to the question way way back about who the other two are, I think it's debatable, but I'd say Dot for sure, and then Lovett depending on the singer because so much of it crosses over or sits on the break. Emotionally those are two killers as well. I think Fosca actualli is the hardest, thinking about it more. Who would you say are his hardest female roles?

"We don't value the lily less for not being made of flint and built to last. Life's bounty is in it's flow, later is too late. Where is the song when it's been sung, the dance when it's been danced? It's only we humans who want to own the future too." - Tom Stoppard, Shipwreck

The White Half-Mask Profile Photo
The White Half-Mask
#52re: Most Demanding Broadway Roles
Posted: 11/25/06 at 12:49am

Hello, KQuill. Yes, I'll admit that I'm a big Phan and that TPOTO is my favourite musical, but don't get me wrong, I'm not completely hopelessly obsessed with it. I like lots of other musicals, such as the "The Producers", "Avenue Q", and "Guys and Dolls". So I really like TPOTO, but I keep an open mind towards other shows.

Whiteguy2088 Profile Photo
Whiteguy2088
#53re: Most Demanding Broadway Roles
Posted: 11/25/06 at 7:15am

Honestly I know *gasp* a Disney musical...BUT

I am suprised nobody has even added Rafiki from Lion King.

Honestly...You get half a curtain rise, a full audience (from the massively huge dungoen theatre LK plays in) and one note to set the tone of the ENTIRE show.

I give whoever plays the part a lot of credit.

Now this is one of many...but one I felt should be added.

stageishome
#54re: Most Demanding Broadway Roles
Posted: 11/25/06 at 1:37pm

I'm pretty sure Mary Poppins and Bert should be on the list. They're vocallly and physically demanding.

MrsVampyre
#55re: Most Demanding Broadway Roles
Posted: 11/25/06 at 2:29pm

Dolly Levi
Max Bialistock
Ben Butley

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#56re: Most Demanding Broadway Roles
Posted: 11/25/06 at 2:51pm

Velma Kelly - Chicago

theaterkid1015 Profile Photo
theaterkid1015
#57re: Most Demanding Broadway Roles
Posted: 11/25/06 at 3:43pm

I'm shocked no one has said: Violet and Daisy in "Side Show."

Those two are INSANE.

I would also add 1st Act Big Edie/2nd Act Little Edie and I might even add Mary Lennox in "Secret Garden." That little girl gets hardly any breathing time and she has to be 12.

And, pretty much anyone in "Contact." I read this interview with one of the men that was in it and his body was so screwed up from that show. It was insane.

Some people paint, some people sew, I meddle.
Updated On: 11/25/06 at 03:43 PM

xbRadxx Profile Photo
xbRadxx
#58re: Most Demanding Broadway Roles
Posted: 11/25/06 at 7:12pm

These responses are so amusing.

Elphaba- Wicked
Aida- Aida
Donna- Mamma Mia!
Phantom- The Phantom of the Opera
Dracula- Dracula

I'm sure I can think of more later.

Becoz_i_knew_you21 Profile Photo
Becoz_i_knew_you21
#59re: Most Demanding Broadway Roles
Posted: 11/25/06 at 7:16pm

Fosca In Passion. I think that role is hard vocally and acting wise. That role must be emotionally draining. I can't imagine having to go through all that eight times a week.

Wanna Be A Foster Profile Photo
Wanna Be A Foster
#60re: Most Demanding Broadway Roles
Posted: 11/25/06 at 7:28pm

Trekkie's right arm - AVENUE Q (Love you, Jen Barnhart!) re: Most Demanding Broadway Roles

"Winning a Tony this year is like winning Best Attendance in third grade: no one will care but the winner and their mom."
-Kad

"I have also met him in person, and I find him to be quite funny actually. Arrogant and often misinformed, but still funny."
-bjh2114 (on Michael Riedel)

Lizzya9
#61re: Most Demanding Broadway Roles
Posted: 11/25/06 at 7:32pm

Beast,Lumiere, & Lefou in Beauty and the Beast
Elphaba in Wicked
Cassie in A Chorus Line
Tarzan

Wanna Be A Foster Profile Photo
Wanna Be A Foster
#62re: Most Demanding Broadway Roles
Posted: 11/25/06 at 7:34pm

I'll second Elphaba in WICKED. Trying to bring dimension to that character is like squeezing juice from a rock.

"Winning a Tony this year is like winning Best Attendance in third grade: no one will care but the winner and their mom."
-Kad

"I have also met him in person, and I find him to be quite funny actually. Arrogant and often misinformed, but still funny."
-bjh2114 (on Michael Riedel)