Who will play Ariel?

Wanna Be A Foster Profile Photo
Wanna Be A Foster
#100re: Who will play Ariel?
Posted: 9/7/06 at 10:24pm

Funny, Josh. Very funny.

My vote is with Kooks. She's young, gorgeous, charming and beaming with talent! re: Who will play Ariel? (Oh, and we'll have to put Johnny in the ensemble or something just to keep things fair and all.)

"Winning a Tony this year is like winning Best Attendance in third grade: no one will care but the winner and their mom."
-Kad

"I have also met him in person, and I find him to be quite funny actually. Arrogant and often misinformed, but still funny."
-bjh2114 (on Michael Riedel)

jonartdesigns Profile Photo
jonartdesigns
#101re: Who will play Ariel?
Posted: 9/7/06 at 10:36pm

kate reinders has my vote- she looks and sounds the part, and has the body for it to boot (look up the pics of her from the good vibrations easter bonneta few years back)

laura benanti would be a decent idea except i wouldn't want to put a woman who recovered from a painful back injury into a role that would require her to (more than likely) be flipping around on wires 8 times a week

other options i'd go see;
kerry butler
siren from passions
megan hilty
katie clarke
amanda kloots ("bikini girl" from good vibrations, now on the tour of spamalot)

"Grease," the fourth revival of the season, is the worst show in the history of theater and represents an unparalleled assault on Western civilization and its values. - Michael Reidel

Wanna Be A Foster
#102re: Who will play Ariel?
Posted: 9/7/06 at 10:38pm

re: Who will play Ariel?

See the resemblance?

It's uncanny!

"Winning a Tony this year is like winning Best Attendance in third grade: no one will care but the winner and their mom."
-Kad

"I have also met him in person, and I find him to be quite funny actually. Arrogant and often misinformed, but still funny."
Updated On: 9/7/06 at 10:38 PM

arishmoof Profile Photo
arishmoof
#103re: Who will play Ariel?
Posted: 9/8/06 at 12:21am

Actually, the whole reason why Eric falls in love with Ariel is first for her voice, then for her personality (when she loses her voice) so her looks are actually NOT the main focus AT ALL. Even though, yes, they drew her with a what- 16 inch waist? That was the stylization of the illustration. Ariel is actually the least objectified of the "disney princesses" because she is not beloved for her looks as much as the others. Aladdin loves Jasmine cause shes pretty, the beast stalks belle all brooding-like, the prince only recognizes cinderella when shes "beautiful" etc... anyway I like that Celia is beautiful but in a youthful way- i think it is most appropriate for the role. shes pretty, and she has very soulful eyes. but you fall in love with her voice. like Ariel. so i think shes most appropriate. Also i think she has the personality. Ariel isnt a sex kitten, shes sort of a tomboy, and shes goofy. can you tell i love this movie way too much (arishmoof=ariel=my name, teehee) anyway thats just my two cents.

you may know what you need but to get what you want better see that you keep what you have

Becoz_i_knew_you21 Profile Photo
Becoz_i_knew_you21
#104re: Who will play Ariel?
Posted: 9/8/06 at 12:28am

Kate Reinders or Katie Clarke.

Updated On: 9/8/06 at 12:28 AM

shiksa_goddess Profile Photo
shiksa_goddess
#105re: Who will play Ariel?
Posted: 9/8/06 at 7:59am

If Kooks were Ariel Johnny would probably have to be Eric, you know since they are mating partners. They could have a simulated fishy sex scene. Cause they do those oh so well.

JerseyGirl2 Profile Photo
JerseyGirl2
#106re: Who will play Ariel?
Posted: 9/8/06 at 8:43am

It was just announced that they cast Patti LuPone. They are taking Ariel in a totally new direction. Mark Wahlberg will be playing Eric.

Pretty pretty please don't you ever ever feel like you're less than f**ckin' perfect!

rflpfl2
#107re: Who will play Ariel?
Posted: 9/8/06 at 11:05am

Well Sarah Uriarte Berry is cast as Belle in Beauty and the Beast- and Disney is very good about casting from their own talent pool- ie- Merle in Tarzan, Ashley Brown in Mary Poppins- so perhaps she will be Ariel.

GClef2 Profile Photo
GClef2
#108re: Who will play Ariel?
Posted: 9/8/06 at 11:42am

I dont think sarah is right for this part. Her voice is far too mature. I think Katie Clark is a better choice. What about Jill Paice from Woman in White?

"The only way we live beyond our lives is to connect and carve ourselves into the souls of those we love." -Little Fish

mejusthavingfun Profile Photo
mejusthavingfun
#109re: Who will play Ariel?
Posted: 9/8/06 at 12:55pm

LOL! Siron from Passions!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

munkustrap178 Profile Photo
munkustrap178
#110re: Who will play Ariel?
Posted: 9/8/06 at 1:19pm

Most of these suggestions are giving me a migraine.

"If you are going to do something, do it well. And leave something witchy." -Charlie Manson

mejusthavingfun
#111re: Who will play Ariel?
Posted: 9/8/06 at 1:23pm

Lupone opposite Wahlberg? She's kinda butch for a love interest isn't she?

munkustrap178
#112re: Who will play Ariel?
Posted: 9/8/06 at 1:25pm

I say let's get all of Broadway's big girls on Celebrity Fit Club. The one that looses the most weight plays Ariel on Broadway.

Go get 'em, Kathy Briar!

"If you are going to do something, do it well. And leave something witchy." -Charlie Manson

jimnysf
#113re: Who will play Ariel?
Posted: 9/8/06 at 1:27pm

Siren is the best choice. Then "Miguel" can play her love interest and Whitney can play the Pat Carol part and Constantine can play the thing that sings "Under the Sea". Get your tickets now!

"I've lost everything! Luis, Marty, my baby with Chris, Chris himself, James. All I ever wanted was love." --Sheridan Crane "Passions" ------- "Housework is like bad sex. Every time I do it, I swear I'll never do it again til the next time company comes."--"Lulu" from "Can't Stop The Music" ----- "When the right doors didn't open for him, he went through the wrong ones" - "Sweet Bird of Youth" ------------ --------- "Passions" is uncancelled! See NBC.com for more info.

dr_jekyll2 Profile Photo
dr_jekyll2
#114re: Who will play Ariel?
Posted: 9/8/06 at 1:29pm

Check out the resemblance:

www.allisonmosier.com

JerseyGirl2
#115re: Who will play Ariel?
Posted: 9/8/06 at 1:30pm

Wow. They are actually considering Whitney Houston. Whodda thunk it?

Pretty pretty please don't you ever ever feel like you're less than f**ckin' perfect!

munkustrap178
#116re: Who will play Ariel?
Posted: 9/8/06 at 1:35pm

Wait...are you serious?

JerseyGirl2
#117re: Who will play Ariel?
Posted: 9/8/06 at 1:41pm

very rarely.

munkustrap178
#118re: Who will play Ariel?
Posted: 9/8/06 at 1:44pm

Neither was I.

shiksa_goddess Profile Photo
shiksa_goddess
#119re: Who will play Ariel?
Posted: 9/8/06 at 1:48pm

re: Who will play Ariel?

JerseyGirl2
#120re: Who will play Ariel?
Posted: 9/8/06 at 1:48pm

God, I was hoping....lol.

Wait. YES! I am completely serious!

Shiksa! You got it!

Updated On: 9/8/06 at 01:48 PM

camp_actor
#121re: Who will play Ariel?
Posted: 9/8/06 at 1:58pm

Celia played it in the workshop. Not that that means anything really, but I think she's a good choice for the role and if she's already played it...

mejusthavingfun
#122re: Who will play Ariel?
Posted: 9/8/06 at 1:59pm

Yum the new Miguel is the hottest guy on daytime TV! He would be the hottest guy on Broadway.

munkustrap178
#123re: Who will play Ariel?
Posted: 9/8/06 at 1:59pm

Wow, that woman is beautiful.

She looks like a geriatric Jerri Blank.

Wanna Be A Foster
#124re: Who will play Ariel?
Posted: 9/8/06 at 2:02pm

That woman is gorgeous! She looks fantastic for her age!

-Kad

Videos