pixeltracker

Clumsy gets heckled by the Matron at HAIRSPRAY {9-9-06 Evening Preformance)

Clumsy gets heckled by the Matron at HAIRSPRAY {9-9-06 Evening Preformance)

#0Clumsy gets heckled by the Matron at HAIRSPRAY {9-9-06 Evening Preformance)
Posted: 9/10/06 at 12:16am

I came into the city very late today and after humilatingly being sent away from TARZAN being only 1 person away from the cut off, I decided to head down to HAIRSPRAY. We arrived just in time to put our names in {I put my name in and my aunt put her name in}. My aunt was the fourth winner called. We flipped. We got in the winner line and celebrated. We got our tickets and then walked around.

Around 7:30, we headed back to get into the theatre, a crowd had formed to enter and I got in line infront of these older couple, I came to find that they were the parents of Scott Davidson, the U/S for Wilbur who would be going on tonight. Then I arrived in the theare- I was front row center- Seat 108. It was amazing. I opened my playbill and they had the insert telling about Diana's return and then Michelle Dowdy would be playing Tracy, Scott Davidson as I already knew was Wilbur and one of the Dynamites was out. I began talking to the people next to me who turned out to be high school friend's of Michelle's and had come up to see her in as Tracy.

The show started and let me tell you- It was amazing.

Michelle was fanatasic, she had such a presence as Tracy and held her own, by far a fantastic understudy who should get top billing when or if Shannon leaves.

Diana STOLE the show- In many scenes, I couldnt take my eyes of her. She embodyed Penny Pingleton, she was so cute all nerdy and crazy. She got HUGE laughs for her lines especially "Hi Tracy..." :closer to TV: "Its me... PENNNYYY." and was amazing. She is worth the price of admission. This being her 2nd night in is so surprsing, its like she NEVER left, she fits in so well.

Haylie was the queen of mean, she had the attitude and the spoiled brat persona down to a tee. She has a pretty good voice, and She was better than Becky who I saw back in June of 05.

Scott was hysterical. He was so hysterical and had great chemsitry with Blake. During Your Timeless To Me- Blake goes "You're not Jewish" and Scott goes "How do you know?" and Blake goes "Oh. I can tell" and they both began laughing hysterically as did the audience. They went around dancing and singing then Blake said "You not Jewish!" and then said out of character "We're in so much trouble" which was hysterical. That number is pure comedic gold.

Blake was AMAZING. He had all the hysterical qualities you could want in an Edna and was parts Harvey, parts Bruce. He did it fanatsic and he shined.

Aaron was an awesome Link, he was right in front of me and slightly spit and it hit these girls behind me who freaked and went nuts screaming "HE SPIT ON ME!" and sighed. He and Michelle had amazing chemistry.

Isabel was hysterical as Velma, she oozed looncy and the facade of a washed up beauty queen. Her "Baltimore Crabs" was fantastic.

Joanna Glushak joined the cast as Prudy/Matron/Gym Teacher and me being front row center, I got most of the brunt of things from spit and sweat and such, but nothing prepared me for Joanna during "Big Dollhouse" slamming her bigstick around on stage going "Every has to abide by the law.. right big boy" right to me. In plain panic, I nodded like an idiot.

Naturi and Darlene was fanatsic. They have now taken the "Lil" out of Inez and now its just Inez--- Anyone know why? Darlene was such a highlight. Her "I Know Where I Been" was awesome.

Stagedoor- Pretty much everyone came out. I spoke to Joanna about her antics toward me and she apologized saying the other day she scared a little girl. Blake said "You were front row, you knew every word" and I said "Yes, its kind of sad." and he responded. "Its not sad, I use to do that as kid". Haylie was so sweet as was Diana. I spoke to Michelle about her friends and she loved hearing them praise her. She was a doll.

I kind of think I pissed off Naturi speaking of 3LW and saying how I wasnt happy seeing her kicked out. But she signed my playbill and took a picture with me. Scott laughed about his parents being behind me saying "There crazy"

Overall and amazing night. I'll never forget it. Best night in the theatre in so long. One I'll never forget.

liotte Profile Photo
liotte
#1re: Clumsy gets heckled by the Matron at HAIRSPRAY {9-9-06 Evening Preformance)
Posted: 9/10/06 at 12:23am

I thought that was you at Tarzan rush, I saw you but wasn't sure. Glad you enjoyed Hairspray though!

#2re: Clumsy gets heckled by the Matron at HAIRSPRAY {9-9-06 Evening Preformance)
Posted: 9/10/06 at 12:24am

Wait, you saw me?
HAHAHA!

what postion in line were you?

liotte Profile Photo
liotte
#4re: Clumsy gets heckled by the Matron at HAIRSPRAY {9-9-06 Evening Preformance)
Posted: 9/10/06 at 12:26am

Yeah, that was me. Dead last. Cut off by one.
Pissed off I didnt get in.
I saw you look at me, but I was like "stinking winners" and I walked off to Hairspray.

John3 Profile Photo
John3
#5re: Clumsy gets heckled by the Matron at HAIRSPRAY {9-9-06 Evening Preformance)
Posted: 9/10/06 at 12:27am

I saw you at Hairspray, I was on the audience right and I was stepped upon and straddled by Purdy.

Oh since there was talk to of Tarzan, on the way home I ran into Shuler in the subway and talked to him for a bit. He studied from my voice teacher at my school.

#6re: Clumsy gets heckled by the Matron at HAIRSPRAY {9-9-06 Evening Preformance)
Posted: 9/10/06 at 12:29am

I got scared by her, you got it worse. That was hysterical.

I was sitting next to you're two friends. Did you see my moment of humilation occur?

John3 Profile Photo
John3
#8re: Clumsy gets heckled by the Matron at HAIRSPRAY {9-9-06 Evening Preformance)
Posted: 9/10/06 at 12:45am

yah, me and my friend were laughing at your reaction. I absolutely loved Diana, I thought she was perfect

#9re: Clumsy gets heckled by the Matron at HAIRSPRAY {9-9-06 Evening Preformance)
Posted: 9/10/06 at 12:46am

I was like "OMG what do I do" and I just shook my head like a nut.

Yes- Diana was fantastic. I think she's probably one of the best Pennys. I liked her alot more than Tracy, but Tracy was pretty good, a good number 2.

commasplice
#10re: Clumsy gets heckled by the Matron at HAIRSPRAY {9-9-06 Evening Preformance)
Posted: 9/10/06 at 12:46am

"They have now taken the "Lil" out of Inez and now its just Inez--- Anyone know why?"

From what I remember reading here, they're casting the character older now so they don't have to employ a child wrangler.

#11re: Clumsy gets heckled by the Matron at HAIRSPRAY {9-9-06 Evening Preformance)
Posted: 9/10/06 at 12:48am

Makes sense.
Thanks for clearing that up.
Naturi is so short, and looked very young.
Had I not known she was in 3LW, I'd sworn she was a little girl.

FindingNamo
#12re: Clumsy gets heckled by the Matron at HAIRSPRAY {9-9-06 Evening Preformance)
Posted: 9/10/06 at 12:55am

Sounds like the show's really gone downhill. You only used the word "amazing" six times in your first post. That's too bad.

Twitter @NamoInExile Instagram none

crazy smiles Profile Photo
crazy smiles
#13re: Clumsy gets heckled by the Matron at HAIRSPRAY {9-9-06 Evening Preformance)
Posted: 9/10/06 at 1:18am

I went to the matinee today by means of the lottery. I was A 110. During You're Timeless to Me they did the same skit too. The "Were in trouble" and jewish jokes. I thought Diana was the biggest highlight of the show for sure. It being my first time I enjoyed it a lot. Though during You Can't Stop the Beat poor Michelle fell, but she was a true trooper. She just got up and continued to preform. You guys know how long Diana is gonna be in the show?

John3 Profile Photo
John3
#14re: Clumsy gets heckled by the Matron at HAIRSPRAY {9-9-06 Evening Preformance)
Posted: 9/10/06 at 1:30am

yah, Michelle did fall. She was tell us about it when we were waiting for the lotto for the night show.

I have no clue on how long Diana is gonna be there

Parks
#15re: Clumsy gets heckled by the Matron at HAIRSPRAY {9-9-06 Evening Preforma
Posted: 9/10/06 at 1:41am

ahh! Love Joanna!

Definitely got hit on by her back in March when I was sitting front row at Hairspray :-P.

"Ooh! You're cute!... Too young for me!"

"If it walks like a Parks, if it wobbles like a Parks, then it's definitely fat and nobody loves it." --MA

jimnysf
#16re: Clumsy gets heckled by the Matron at HAIRSPRAY {9-9-06 Evening Preforma
Posted: 9/10/06 at 4:18am

I hope no one spilled their popcorn!

"I've lost everything! Luis, Marty, my baby with Chris, Chris himself, James. All I ever wanted was love." --Sheridan Crane "Passions" ------- "Housework is like bad sex. Every time I do it, I swear I'll never do it again til the next time company comes."--"Lulu" from "Can't Stop The Music" ----- "When the right doors didn't open for him, he went through the wrong ones" - "Sweet Bird of Youth" ------------ --------- "Passions" is uncancelled! See NBC.com for more info.

dutch46mill2
#17re: Clumsy gets heckled by the Matron at HAIRSPRAY {9-9-06 Evening Preforma
Posted: 9/10/06 at 9:40am

John3
Diana will be there till Feb 11. Awesome or what.

bunger12
#18re: Clumsy gets heckled by the Matron at HAIRSPRAY {9-9-06 Evening Preforma
Posted: 9/12/06 at 4:54pm

Lisa Jolley is now back in here roles of Prudy/Gym Teacher/Matron -- I didn't know why she was out -- couldn't have been a vacation, since she hasn't been in the cast that long. One of the stage door people told me her mom passed away suddenly and she'd be out for two weeks. I'm sure Joanna was good, but let's hear it for a total trooper!

Videos