pixeltracker

Pics from revamped Rapunzel, Cheno is in Reese is out.

mejusthavingfun Profile Photo
mejusthavingfun
#0 Pics from revamped Rapunzel, Cheno is in Reese is out.
Posted: 9/18/06 at 10:31am

Not sure if you've seen these pics, but they are amazing. Thankfully, John Lassetter (Pixar) is in charge at Disney animation now, and Rapunzel is no longer "unbraided." Early version of this film were going to be Shrek-like. Reese Witherspoon was originally going to voice a teenage girl in the film but that is all out the door. I was hoping they would go back to 2D for this, but the 3D animation is incredible. I’m not sure if Jean Tessoroi is penning songs for this new version, or if Menken/Slater have been assigned. Dan Folger (Spelling Bee) is set as the Prince. I hope they keep the celebrities out of Rapunzel as much as possible. This film will hopefully usher in an Ashman/Mermaid-like renaissance cause currently we are experiencing a deluge of CGcrap. Updated On: 9/18/06 at 10:31 AM

GYPSY1527 Profile Photo
GYPSY1527
#1re: Pics from revamped Rapunzel, Cheno is in Reese is out.
Posted: 9/18/06 at 11:10am

Jean Tessoroi? Do you mean Jeanine Tesori because if so...wow.

Happy...Everything! Kaye Thompson

mejusthavingfun
#2re: Pics from revamped Rapunzel, Cheno is in Reese is out.
Posted: 9/18/06 at 11:18am

re:  Pics from revamped Rapunzel, Cheno is in Reese is out.

Yes, that is who I mean. She has already written for Mulan 2, and has written songs for Rapunzel Unbraided. They may be scrapped though. This film has been in development for a long time, apparently John Lassatter (director of Toy Story) says the first 20 minutes of the film are the best he has seen for a Disney feature. Should be pretty darn cool. Disney is also developing fairytale stories around the The Frog Prince (Princess) and The Snow Queen.
Updated On: 9/18/06 at 11:18 AM

CapnHook Profile Photo
CapnHook
#3re: Pics from revamped Rapunzel, Cheno is in Reese is out.
Posted: 9/18/06 at 11:20am

Chenoweth had been attached for a LONG time. I also believe they already named a songwriter...?

I was told this won't be so much of a musical but a movie with songs.

"The Spectacle has, indeed, an emotional attraction of its own, but, of all the parts, it is the least artistic, and connected least with the art of poetry. For the power of Tragedy, we may be sure, is felt even apart from representation and actors. Besides, the production of spectacular effects depends more on the art of the stage machinist than on that of the poet."
--Aristotle

mejusthavingfun
#4re: Pics from revamped Rapunzel, Cheno is in Reese is out.
Posted: 9/18/06 at 11:26am

Capn you are right, but there have been many changes to this film (thankfully). Before Cheno was playing opposite Reese, in a story about a present-day teen brought to the world of fairytales. Now it is the Grimm story as told by Disney. The characters will sing the songs and it is a musical in the sense that B&B is. John Lassetter wants Disney Animation to go back to its roots and legacy.
Updated On: 9/18/06 at 11:26 AM

Wildcard
#5re: Pics from revamped Rapunzel, Cheno is in Reese is out.
Posted: 9/18/06 at 12:19pm

I think it's great news if this movie will no longer be Shrek-like. While I enjoy Shrek-like movies, I don't think it's appropriate for a Disney Princess movie to have that tone. In order for this movie to be classic and still relevant 50 years from now, it has to be told in the traditional Disney mode.

StageManager2 Profile Photo
StageManager2
#6re: Pics from revamped Rapunzel, Cheno is in Reese is out.
Posted: 9/18/06 at 2:22pm

Wildcard, you're such a purist. re:  Pics from revamped Rapunzel, Cheno is in Reese is out.

Salve, Regina, Mater misericordiae
Vita, dulcedo, et spes nostra
Salve, Salve Regina
Ad te clamamus exsules filii Eva
Ad te suspiramus, gementes et flentes
O clemens O pia

SporkGoddess
#7re: Pics from revamped Rapunzel, Cheno is in Reese is out.
Posted: 9/18/06 at 2:37pm

Aw man... while Kristin's singing will be gorgeous, I hope the talking scenes don't make me want to rip my ears off.

Jimmy, what are you doing here in the middle of the night? It's almost 9 PM!

JerseyGirl2 Profile Photo
JerseyGirl2
#8re: Pics from revamped Rapunzel, Cheno is in Reese is out.
Posted: 9/18/06 at 2:42pm

Heh.

"Ma'am, what happened to your ears?"
"Cheeeeeeeeeeeenoooooooooooooweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeth!!!!!"

Pretty pretty please don't you ever ever feel like you're less than f**ckin' perfect!
Updated On: 9/18/06 at 02:42 PM

kootness Profile Photo
kootness
#9re: Pics from revamped Rapunzel, Cheno is in Reese is out.
Posted: 9/18/06 at 4:46pm

Hahaha. I agree, and I really kind of like my ears. And I would hate never being able to wear glasses again.

Videos