service charges

wickedfanatic34 Profile Photo
wickedfanatic34
#0service charges
Posted: 9/23/06 at 8:31pm

if i buy tickets at the box office in the city do they charge a service fee?

Coolkid123
#1re: service charges
Posted: 9/23/06 at 8:34pm

I don't know.

dancingthrulife04 Profile Photo
dancingthrulife04
#2re: service charges
Posted: 9/23/06 at 8:35pm

No.

http://www.beintheheights.com/katnicole1 (Please click and help me win!) I chose, and my world was shaken- So what?
The choice may have been mistaken, The choosing was not...
"Every day has the potential to be the greatest day of your life." - Lin-Manuel Miranda
"And when Idina Menzel is singing, I'm always slightly worried that her teeth are going to jump out of her mouth and chase me." - Schmerg_the_Impaler

Dollypop
#3re: service charges
Posted: 9/23/06 at 8:37pm

No, they don't. That's why I try to purchase all my tickets at the box office.

"Long live God!" (GODSPELL)

DRSisLove Profile Photo
DRSisLove
#4re: service charges
Posted: 9/23/06 at 10:43pm

I think service fees are obsurd. Its like 18 dollars per ticket. Then shipping. Not worth it online.

JamesMacon Profile Photo
JamesMacon
#5re: service charges
Posted: 9/23/06 at 10:46pm

Comparing that 18 dollars to like a 25 dollar lottery/rush ticket, it really is crazy.

SweetQintheLights
#6re: service charges
Posted: 9/23/06 at 10:50pm

It is crazy.

If you want to purchase a ticket and can't go to the box office, it's ridiculous.

Are we using 18$ worth of service...?

"How bout a little black dress?"~hannahshule "I have a penis, not a vagina." ~munkustrap178

JamesMacon Profile Photo
JamesMacon
#7re: service charges
Posted: 9/23/06 at 10:54pm

Exactly. We are not.

Luckydave14
#8re: service charges
Posted: 9/23/06 at 10:56pm

"Are we using 18$ worth of service...?"

Considering a computer is doing most of the work, I say no. It costs that much for a person to stuff your envelope basically. But how else will ticketmaster pay their employees if they don't charge us extra? I hate paying the fee, but most of the time, I have to.

IntoTheNight Profile Photo
IntoTheNight
#9re: service charges
Posted: 9/23/06 at 11:02pm

Much as I dislike the service charges, sometimes it is not possible for many of us to get to the box office (unless, of course, something is playing in our city). Thus, the concept of online/telephone ordering comes into view, and of course, the service charges. But I guess nowadays, we have to pay for convenience one way or another.

everythingtaboo Profile Photo
everythingtaboo
#10re: service charges
Posted: 9/23/06 at 11:30pm

Where are people paying $18 a ticket? I usually pay no more than $10 on telecharge.com by doing a box office pickup.

Either way, to play devil's advocate...booking systems like telecharge or ticketmaster don't make any money off a ticket sale if a product stays a box office price, as there's rarely any sort of inside commissions. So they have to make money by charging a booking fee. CC processing fees themselves are 3% at least. They are also powering and maintaining said booking software and website. And booking companies have staff too, call centre, IT staff, etc.

If we should get mad at someone, get mad at theatre owners for raising the ticket prices themselves!

"Hey little girls, look at all the men in shiny shirts and no wives!" - Jackie Hoffman, Xanadu, 19 Feb 2008

IntoTheNight
#11re: service charges
Posted: 9/23/06 at 11:34pm

I think I paid around $10 to have my ticket mailed to me. Where $18 is coming from, your guess is as good as mine--that is definitely robbery.

SDav 10495 Profile Photo
SDav 10495
#12re: service charges
Posted: 9/23/06 at 11:35pm

As we all know, it's very convenient to be able to purchase tickets online or over the phone--sometimes you just have to--but I agree that the service charges are outrageous. The biggest bummer is that getting tickets at the box office is not just cheaper, it's quite a bit more fun than typing in a crazy word like "nosebag" and clicking a few buttons.

"If there is going to be a restoration fee, there should also be a Renaissance fee, a Middle Ages fee and a Dark Ages fee. Someone must have men in the back room making up names, euphemisms for profit." (Emanuel Azenberg)

SweetQintheLights
#13re: service charges
Posted: 9/23/06 at 11:39pm

"The biggest bummer is that getting tickets at the box office is not just cheaper, it's quite a bit more fun than typing in a crazy word like "nosebag" and clicking a few buttons."

That was great. Priceless. Nosebag! lol re: service charges

"How bout a little black dress?"~hannahshule "I have a penis, not a vagina." ~munkustrap178

IntoTheNight
#14re: service charges
Posted: 9/23/06 at 11:41pm

*giggles* NOSEBAG! That is a good one!re: service charges

Videos