pixeltracker

A BC/EFA Flea Market Review (For those of you that missed it)

A BC/EFA Flea Market Review (For those of you that missed it)

JustABroadwaybaby2
#0A BC/EFA Flea Market Review (For those of you that missed it)
Posted: 9/24/06 at 1:51pm

Ok, I know this doesn't really need a REVIEW review, but here's a little snippet of my day:
I got there around 11 o'clock. As I walked down 44th I passed byu a lot of the same t-shirt schlock. But I also saw a lot of the amazing bonnets, and bears. They had signed scripts for RENT and Mimi's candles, and those BIG posters that are outside the Nederlander of the not-so current cast. The Mamma Mia booth was nothing special, nor was the BATB one. They were selling playbills from the nineties and before, and some shirts from flops. As I passed by the Tarzan table, I looked up, and there was Josh Strickland, signing stuff, and selling. So I smiled and he smiled, and I walked along. It was a MADHOUSE, and you could barely get down the street sometimes. They wer eselling these BIG rabbit hole posters, and a lot of costumes.
When I actually ENTERED the alley, I saw a cute Wicked table,and this AMAZING Drowsy table where you could stick your head in Sutton Foster's cardboard face. They were selling martini glasses, and couches from the marriot marquis, and even bob martin's power bars! They sold toledo suprise, too. Spelling Bee had the same kind of signed picture stuff, nothing new or exciting. They had this really nice auction display table, whihc I thouhgt was awesome. They even had Trekkie Monster on the top! The BC/EFA table was great, and I bouhgt some stuff. They also had an ATW table where they sold Broadway's Lost Treasures on DVD there.
I got a backpack with the BC/EFA pin on it, a wristband, a pen, and a book.
Overall, it was cute, and I had fun. I didn't really need any of the stuff I bought, but it's for a good cause, right?

"I'm thinking about how if you took the W in answer, and the H in ghost, and the extra A in aardvark, and the T in listen, you could keep saying WHAT but no one would ever hear you because the whole word would be silent." Please support BC/EFA at goodsearch.com! Search for anything, and your charity will get a cent!

Yankeefan007
#1re: A BC/EFA Flea Market Review (For those of you that missed it)
Posted: 9/24/06 at 1:56pm

I just posted....it was a ball, like every year.

Here's the text of my post:

Left just as the rain began, found a lot of great deals. Haven't tallied up the amount of $ spent yet, but it's a lot less than last year.

Sightings:
Marc Shaiman at the Fame Becomes Me table doing personalized musical phrases from FBM and Hairspray.
Josh Strickland at Tarzan, selling merchandise and taking photos for $10.
Michael Arden and Caren Manuel perusing the various tables.

Some of my great deals included a Broadway on Broadway 2005 huge poster signed by all of the performers for $40.

Noticed Wicked photos going for $10 a piece signed, Spelling Bee cast signed Playbills for $10, The Producers selling a box o'props for $25, MTC was selling their front of house displays for $40.

Triton's table had a lot of $1 posters, from Urban Cowboy to Doubt to the Vespa DRS poster.

Rent's booth had OBC Playbills signed for $75, front of house displays and doors for $100, new posters signed by the OBC for $75, and Rent 10 benefit programs for $1.

My favorite was the Drowsy booth, which had Powerbars signed by Bob Martin.

I'm sure more people will post as the day goes on.
Updated On: 9/24/06 at 01:56 PM

JustABroadwaybaby2
#2re: A BC/EFA Flea Market Review (For those of you that missed it)
Posted: 9/24/06 at 2:12pm

Woah, the Rent 10 stuff was that cheap? Damn.
I spent maybe 22 dollars?
Maybe.
Doe sanyone know who wa sselling at the BC/EFA booth? The skinny one in the like, pinkish red shirt? I swear I had seen him before.

"I'm thinking about how if you took the W in answer, and the H in ghost, and the extra A in aardvark, and the T in listen, you could keep saying WHAT but no one would ever hear you because the whole word would be silent." Please support BC/EFA at goodsearch.com! Search for anything, and your charity will get a cent!

chinkie azn jai Profile Photo
chinkie azn jai
#3re: A BC/EFA Flea Market Review (For those of you that missed it)
Posted: 9/24/06 at 3:07pm

Was there a Sweeney table?

"Chicago is it's own incredible theater town right there smack down in the middle of the heartland. What a great city! I can see why Oprah likes to live there!" - Dee Hoty :-D

JustABroadwaybaby2
#4re: A BC/EFA Flea Market Review (For those of you that missed it)
Posted: 9/24/06 at 3:10pm

I bet there were little signed playbills and stuff, but no actual tables.
I saw someone in a Sweeney shirt, though. :)

Luckydave14
#5re: A BC/EFA Flea Market Review (For those of you that missed it)
Posted: 9/24/06 at 3:12pm

Most shows didn't have tables. I saw:

Wicked, Drowsy, Bee, Hairspray, Producers, Rent, Color Purple, Tarzan, Beauty, Lion King, Jay Johnson, and Jersey Boys.

JustABroadwaybaby2
#6re: A BC/EFA Flea Market Review (For those of you that missed it)
Posted: 9/24/06 at 3:13pm

Don't forget Mamma Mia!
Actually... DO forget Mamma Mia!

ABoyLikeThat
#7re: A BC/EFA Flea Market Review (For those of you that missed it)
Posted: 9/24/06 at 3:20pm

What was the Hairspray table like?

Yankeefan007
#8re: A BC/EFA Flea Market Review (For those of you that missed it)
Posted: 9/24/06 at 3:22pm

Hairspray had original cast posters and headshots of Blake, Shannon, and someone else that I missed. There's definately more.

BJC899
#9re: A BC/EFA Flea Market Review (For those of you that missed it)
Posted: 9/24/06 at 3:31pm

I had a great time! I'll post some pictures later...

I bought a hat from the producers, a pillow from the boat in POTO, leo's briefcase and that's it?

I also did the backstage tour of the Producers which was AMAZING! Ah LOVED that.
I ate lunch at Juniors and sat RIGHT at the window behind the celebrity table. Diana Degarmo waved to all of us eating...while Scott Nevins made fun of me because I bought a few things.

SDav 10495 Profile Photo
SDav 10495
#10re: A BC/EFA Flea Market Review (For those of you that missed it)
Posted: 9/24/06 at 3:32pm

Ah, sounds like a great time. Once again I wasn't able to make the flea market, but it drove me even crazier this year because I was actually in the city this morning (for the Tunnel to Towers race downtown). I had a blast, but I now wish I'd also made an effort to catch some of the flea market action I missed. Oh well. I did see that the southbound West Side highway was jammed at around 12:45, from about 44th on north, so I figured it would have been a circus anyway.

Thanks for the overview of what was there!

"If there is going to be a restoration fee, there should also be a Renaissance fee, a Middle Ages fee and a Dark Ages fee. Someone must have men in the back room making up names, euphemisms for profit." (Emanuel Azenberg)

Yankeefan007
#11re: A BC/EFA Flea Market Review (For those of you that missed it)
Posted: 9/24/06 at 3:33pm

Identify the signatures.

Updated On: 9/24/06 at 03:33 PM

JustABroadwaybaby2
#12re: A BC/EFA Flea Market Review (For those of you that missed it)
Posted: 9/24/06 at 3:36pm

I see Ceelia Keenan-Bolger (I memorized her signature,) Deborah S. Craig, and Dan Fogler.
I also think I see Elisabeth Withers-Mendes, seeing as it says Shug from the Color Purple.

Luckydave14
#13re: A BC/EFA Flea Market Review (For those of you that missed it)
Posted: 9/24/06 at 3:37pm

Nothing is showing up for me Yankee.
Updated On: 9/24/06 at 03:37 PM

broadwaybaby086
#14re: A BC/EFA Flea Market Review (For those of you that missed it)
Posted: 9/24/06 at 3:39pm

I had a great time! It was my first flea market, and I was doing really well with the spending until I decided to get both of the Playbill Broadway Yearbooks and the BC/EFA beach towel. I didn't go through any of the lines, but everyone looked to be having a great time! It was crazy. Walking (er, any kind of movement) was an afterthought.

"I'll cut you, Tracee Beazer!!!! ...Just kidding. I'd never cut anyone." -Tina Maddigan, 9/30/06, WS stage door
Avatar: JULIE "EFFING" WHITE, 2007 TONY WINNER. Thank God. I'm thinking about legally changing my name to Lizzie Curry...
Updated On: 9/24/06 at 03:39 PM

SweetQintheLights
#15re: A BC/EFA Flea Market Review (For those of you that missed it)
Posted: 9/24/06 at 3:45pm

I didn't take that much time to look- I will later but so far I found:

Dan Folger: sig to the right of 11:30am
Deborah Craig: Goimg upwards to the L in Lithgow
Lisa Howard- Left Corner, 3rd sig down.
Megan Hilty- Above Lisa Howard
Destan Owens: Top leftish, off the actual poster
Sandy Rosenberg (Mamma Mia! ensemble)- rightish side, bottom, upward slant.
Justin Johnston (I think): Right side, next to the word "and" which is between Christina Appelgate and John Lithgow

Edit: Anyone see Barrett Foa's signiture? It's usually quite easy to make out but I don't see it.

"How bout a little black dress?"~hannahshule "I have a penis, not a vagina." ~munkustrap178
Updated On: 9/24/06 at 03:45 PM

BrunetteBombshell
#16re: A BC/EFA Flea Market Review (For those of you that missed it)
Posted: 9/24/06 at 3:47pm

So what was the Jersey Boys table like?

ILoveWicked330
#17re: A BC/EFA Flea Market Review (For those of you that missed it)
Posted: 9/24/06 at 3:51pm

Just got home. SO exhausted. I got:::

A Spelling Bee signed wood thing (40$)
Mamma Mia signed windowcard (20$...originally selling for 40$)
Broadway on Broadway 2005 signed windowcard (40$)
Playbill Yearbook (20$)
Hairspray tickets & Jewtopia tickets (spent 60$ from the TDF raffle thing)
this really old Rent scrapbook (10$)

Saw: Josh Strickland walking around, Stephanie Dabruzzo (sp?), Bob Martin, Beth Leavel, Marc Shaiman, Ben something from Mamma Mia, Michelle Dowdy from Hairspray, Christian Hoff.

Edit: Was it me or did every other person either win tickets to Phantom or Perfect Crime from the TDF thing? Every person that I tried to trade w/ had those shows.... Updated On: 9/24/06 at 03:51 PM

BJC899
#18re: A BC/EFA Flea Market Review (For those of you that missed it)
Posted: 9/24/06 at 3:57pm

I saw stephanie twice! She was actually eating near me! I saw Josh also.

Edit : I think Phantom had the best stuff this year IMO Updated On: 9/24/06 at 03:57 PM

broadwaybaby086
#19re: A BC/EFA Flea Market Review (For those of you that missed it)
Posted: 9/24/06 at 4:05pm

I, too, saw Josh Strickland. I saw Deborah S. Craig and Bebe Neuwirth as well.

On another note, I thought that Jen Cody was adorable with Seth Rudetsky (I think that's who it was) as co-emcees of the silent auction. She had some pretty great puns. haha, what can I say? I love a good pun...

"I'll cut you, Tracee Beazer!!!! ...Just kidding. I'd never cut anyone." -Tina Maddigan, 9/30/06, WS stage door
Avatar: JULIE "EFFING" WHITE, 2007 TONY WINNER. Thank God. I'm thinking about legally changing my name to Lizzie Curry...

Luckydave14
#20re: A BC/EFA Flea Market Review (For those of you that missed it)
Posted: 9/24/06 at 4:06pm

I was standing with Deborah S. Craig while buying a Bway on Bway poster. She got one too :)

John3 Profile Photo
John3
#21re: A BC/EFA Flea Market Review (For those of you that missed it)
Posted: 9/24/06 at 4:41pm

I was there, I bought the Standing Ovations 1 dvd. and some other small stuff.

I was only there for a little bit, but I went and talked to Michelle Dowdy for a bit at the Hairspray table and Jennifer Hope Wills at the Phantom table. I saw Diana DeGarmo trying to make her way through the crowd somewhere and a whole bunch of other people. Oh and Eddie Korbich almost ran me over trying run and give someone a hug earlier. On my way to something else and I ran into Mara Davi on her way to the theatre. I had done something with her at Cal State Fullerton and she said she remember my face.

That was my day. Now I am doing laundry

John3

SDav 10495 Profile Photo
SDav 10495
#22re: A BC/EFA Flea Market Review (For those of you that missed it)
Posted: 9/24/06 at 4:46pm

I think Phantom had the best stuff this year IMO

What kind of things did Phantom have? I've heard that they've had cool props in the past and that they had pillows from the boat this year, but what else did you like?

"If there is going to be a restoration fee, there should also be a Renaissance fee, a Middle Ages fee and a Dark Ages fee. Someone must have men in the back room making up names, euphemisms for profit." (Emanuel Azenberg)

BJC899
#23re: A BC/EFA Flea Market Review (For those of you that missed it)
Posted: 9/24/06 at 4:49pm

They had two HUGE pieces from the chandelier ($300 each), a TON of boards that were used on the outside of the theatre, some waxed fruit, Pillows, slippers. I guess the reason I think it was the best booth was because it was the only booth with props? Updated On: 9/24/06 at 04:49 PM

John3 Profile Photo
John3
#24re: A BC/EFA Flea Market Review (For those of you that missed it)
Posted: 9/24/06 at 4:51pm

They also had the little hatches that covered the lights for the liar that come up throught the stage, as well as the notes that are used in the Notes scenes. They had a whole lot of stuff, they also had a sort of backstage diagram of where all the sets and stuff is located.