Wicked London Video

Claire2141 Profile Photo
Claire2141
#25re: Wicked London Video
Posted: 9/27/06 at 7:07am

Yes - we more than welcome her to stay here. Although maybe not in Wicked, I want to see a new Elphaba. Maybe Evita? I knowshe was in talks but it would be interesting to see.

snl89
#26re: Wicked London Video
Posted: 9/27/06 at 7:22am

haha, see I need her to stay in wicked for like.... long enough so that I have time to GET OVER THERE! lol. after that, she can do whatever re: Wicked London Video but seriously, having never actuall seen her in wicked live before, I would give anything to be able to go. In fact, I honestly have NO desire whatsoever to see any other person in the role. None. For me it's idina or nothing :) haha

(for the record, sure, there are prob plenty of people who can sing the songs just as well as her. though I LOVE her voice, that isn't why she's the only one I'd see. It's all about the acting for me. I firmly believe that NO ONE can out-act her in that role)

I don't need a life that's normal. That's way too far away. But something next to normal would be okay. Something next to normal is what I'd like to try. Close enough to normal to get by.

EponineAmneris Profile Photo
EponineAmneris
#27re: Wicked London Video
Posted: 9/27/06 at 8:32am

I second that, snl89 re: Wicked London Video

"TO LOVE ANOTHER PERSON IS TO SEE THE FACE OF GOD"- LES MISERABLES--- "THERE'S A SPECIAL KIND OF PEOPLE KNOWN AS SHOW PEOPLE... WE'RE BORN EVERY NIGHT AT HALF HOUR CALL!"--- CURTAINS

Caroline-Q-or-TBoo Profile Photo
Caroline-Q-or-TBoo
#28re: Wicked London Video
Posted: 9/27/06 at 8:56am

snl used "pwn" seriously.

uh uh uh!

"Picture "The View," with the wisecracking, sympathetic sweethearts of that ABC television show replaced by a panel of embittered, suffering or enraged Arab women" -the Times review of Black Eyed

snl89
#29re: Wicked London Video
Posted: 9/27/06 at 3:21pm

hehehe, yes, yes I did. There is DEFINITELY lots of pwnage in that video re: Wicked London Video

I don't need a life that's normal. That's way too far away. But something next to normal would be okay. Something next to normal is what I'd like to try. Close enough to normal to get by.

ThankstoPhantom
#30re: Wicked London Video
Posted: 9/27/06 at 3:55pm

I must say I like the apparent deepness of the stage there...

Despite "bad sound quality," her singing voice is not up to par with what it was back in the 03/04 season here in NY. You can clearly hear her during One SHort Day being off key and lacking any form of vibrato...

But she does seem to have become even more fierce in delivery of her lines, etc, and that's what seems to be her saving grace...

Best of luck to the cast and crew.

How to properly use its/it's: Its is the possessive. It's is the contraction for it is...
Updated On: 9/27/06 at 03:55 PM

Claire2141 Profile Photo
Claire2141
#31re: Wicked London Video
Posted: 9/27/06 at 4:07pm

The set for this production is amazing. Slight spoilers below btw...

Anyway, there are now turrets with stairs either side of the stage which are used for a lot of enterances and a lot more lighting for One Short Day. The gasp that went up when I first saw it was amazing. Unfortunetly this isn't shown in the video.

Press night tonight...hope it goes well. There have been a few tech hiccups and sound problems in previews...well few is an understatement.

Looking forward to reviews tomorrow

ThankstoPhantom
#32re: Wicked London Video
Posted: 9/27/06 at 4:15pm

Claire, Did you previously see the tour and not Broadway? because there are stairs on the side in NY that are there from beginning to end.

How to properly use its/it's: Its is the possessive. It's is the contraction for it is...

Claire2141 Profile Photo
Claire2141
#33re: Wicked London Video
Posted: 9/27/06 at 4:26pm

They're different here though...well from what I recall they are. They're more like turrets than stairs, is that what they're like on BW? Can't remember.

ThankstoPhantom
#34re: Wicked London Video
Posted: 9/27/06 at 4:30pm

I think I'd have to see what you're saying...sorry, thanks for the clear up though.

Claire2141 Profile Photo
Claire2141
#35re: Wicked London Video
Posted: 9/27/06 at 4:39pm

Sorry it's hard to explain...they're like turrety/staircasy things which have fairly lights strung round them. They're used to access the bridge too for the lion cub scene, where Fiyero and Elphaba walk across it.

Sorry but without a picture...well best I can do.

sidneybruhl Profile Photo
sidneybruhl
#36re: Wicked London Video
Posted: 9/27/06 at 7:26pm

Elphabas I've actually seen live:
Stephanie Block
Ana Gasteyer
Kristy Cates
Maria Eberline

And I have the OBCR. Though I like Idina, I have to say she is the weakest Elphaba of the bunch.
Updated On: 9/27/06 at 07:26 PM

ThankstoPhantom
#37re: Wicked London Video
Posted: 9/27/06 at 7:31pm

Claire, I've got a good idea of what you're syaing, and I think it's really cool! I suppose they added that in because of the alrger stage.

Jwaa
#38re: Wicked London Video
Posted: 9/27/06 at 7:34pm

i saw the first preview and just now come back from the opening night....and im pretty sure she is doin some damage lol...shes sounding good...but some strains and some shouts are seeing her through on her way......i really hope its not hurting her....shes really good...and it would be a shame for her to have to end it after her climax of her career

X

#39re: Wicked London Video
Posted: 9/27/06 at 7:44pm

That was pretty amazing.

Rough for Idina, but still.
Its amazing.

snl89
#40re: Wicked London Video
Posted: 9/27/06 at 8:04pm

guys, seriously, she isn't gonna hurt her voice :) Again, she's no amateur. Even if it may SOUND like screaming to some people, I DONT think she would have been able to go a full-out year and a half (seriously, I believe she has a REALLY good attendence record) singing those songs 8 times a week and not completely and utterly destroy her voice if it was screaming. The way she sounds is just a style choice I think- and I personally love it :)

but again, its all about the acting for me. Seriously, she could be having the worst vocal day EVER and I can almost guarantee you I'd STILL love her way more than any other elphie

Updated On: 9/27/06 at 08:04 PM

CFK
#41re: Wicked London Video
Posted: 9/27/06 at 8:09pm

Yawn. This argument is so repetitive.

Idina is one of those you love em' or hate em' performers. I happen to love her.

And I think you meant amateur.

snl89
#42re: Wicked London Video
Posted: 9/27/06 at 8:20pm

haha, yes, sorry, I'm litterally THE worst speller in the known universe. I almost guarantee it re: Wicked London Video

*blushes and goes to edit*

anyway, yeah, sorry about the repetitiveness, it just keeps coming up and I keep feeling the need to defend her lol

Updated On: 9/27/06 at 08:20 PM

BroadwayGirl107 Profile Photo
BroadwayGirl107
#43re: Wicked London Video
Posted: 9/27/06 at 8:25pm

Oh, the bitter queens on the board who must jump on everything Idina does and criticize her every move in order to tip the scale their way because of all the praise she gets. I have given up on bothering.

I enjoyed the video. I can't wait to see what kind of notices Idina gets. My hopes are high...

snl89
#44re: Wicked London Video
Posted: 9/27/06 at 8:37pm

re: Wicked London Video

Um, HAD to post that.

and THAT right there, ladies and gentlemen, is why Idina Menzel kicks FAR more ass than anyone else. EVER :) can anyone say FIERCE??

its scanned from the new wicked london programs. and just.. yeah. haha

but anyway, yay for reviews hopefully coming out starting tonight!!

Updated On: 9/28/06 at 08:37 PM

ThankstoPhantom
#45re: Wicked London Video
Posted: 9/28/06 at 6:49pm

Oh my gosh!

Listen...I saw Idina in February 2004...at that time, she did not scream...she SANG....and she sounded beautiful...

Towards the end of that year, she got sick, but kept singing and singing instead of getting better...since that time, her belting has waned dramtically and DOES NOT compare to the way she sounded earlier on!

I actually think she's a wonderful actress, and I wish I could see her performance in London, which seems to have become even more intense than it was in NY...but you CAN NOT deny that her voice is below par to what it was 2 years ago.

dancingthrulife04 Profile Photo
dancingthrulife04
#46re: Wicked London Video
Posted: 9/28/06 at 7:05pm

That is a SCARY picture.

I like Idina, but her voice isn't my favorite.

http://www.beintheheights.com/katnicole1 (Please click and help me win!) I chose, and my world was shaken- So what?
The choice may have been mistaken, The choosing was not...
"Every day has the potential to be the greatest day of your life." - Lin-Manuel Miranda
"And when Idina Menzel is singing, I'm always slightly worried that her teeth are going to jump out of her mouth and chase me." - Schmerg_the_Impaler

Candleshoe2 Profile Photo
Candleshoe2
#47re: Wicked London Video
Posted: 9/28/06 at 7:08pm

"its scanned from the new wicked london programs. and just.. yeah. haha"

Would it be possible to scan any more pictures from the program. Are there any NEW pictures like this one?
Updated On: 9/28/06 at 07:08 PM

coolphantom919 Profile Photo
coolphantom919
#48re: Wicked London Video
Posted: 9/28/06 at 10:01pm

yep! they couldn't show PLAY ONE OTHER SONG EXCEPT ONE SHORT DAY AND DEFY GRAVITY!!! re: Wicked London Video Otherwise, the production looks EXCELLENT!

BSoBW2
#49re: Wicked London Video
Posted: 9/28/06 at 10:49pm

snl - I seriously thought that was a promo for CARRIE!

Idina has had more intensity in her line readings than any other Elphaba (or Effie as some woman called her).

I NO GOOD DEED is a highlight of the show that I have yet to hear matched.

I admit I enjoyed the show when I first saw it - though I make fun of it. (After seeing other casts I realized this is a cast show, not a material show.) Having been forced to listen to it constantly at work I found the many horrors of the score. But Idina's stage presence it what made the show truly powerful - not the belting or the very obvious climatic build-ups.

re: Wicked London Video
Updated On: 9/28/06 at 10:49 PM

Videos