pixeltracker

Grey Gardens doing away with student rush (?)

Grey Gardens doing away with student rush (?)

AC126748 Profile Photo
AC126748
#1Grey Gardens doing away with student rush (?)
Posted: 11/6/06 at 11:33am

I rushed Grey Gardens this past Saturday, and I could've sworn I heard one of the box office attendants saying that the demand has been so great since the reviews came out that they were doing away with rush some time in the near future. Can anyone confirm or deny this?

Side note: All of the rush tickets for this past Saturday matinee were gone by 10:15. If you want to secure rush, get there early.

"You travel alone because other people are only there to remind you how much that hook hurts that we all bit down on. Wait for that one day we can bite free and get back out there in space where we belong, sail back over water, over skies, into space, the hook finally out of our mouths and we wander back out there in space spawning to other planets never to return hurrah to earth and we'll look back and can't even see these lives here anymore. Only the taste of blood to remind us we ever existed. The earth is small. We're gone. We're dead. We're safe." -John Guare, Landscape of the Body

jrb_actor Profile Photo
jrb_actor
#1re: Grey Gardens doing away with student rush (?)
Posted: 11/6/06 at 11:58am

I think student rush is what's available first come first serve, so if the show is selling out, there won't be student rush.

MissNY
#2re: Grey Gardens doing away with student rush (?)
Posted: 11/6/06 at 12:18pm

If not I'm not mistaken, they do hold the front row specifically for student rush

keatonbynumbers Profile Photo
keatonbynumbers
#3re: Grey Gardens doing away with student rush (?)
Posted: 11/6/06 at 12:23pm

Ergh.

There's still SR, though, right?

RentHead2 Profile Photo
RentHead2
#4re: Grey Gardens doing away with student rush (?)
Posted: 11/6/06 at 1:25pm

okay just to respond to the claim that the first aisle is student rush; I can honestly say that during the performance I saw...the first row contained maybe 5 students rush seats. There are not many! But if this is true, I am gonna rush this show again soon.

I made a list of all your faults, it was quite detailed and lengthy too and when I read it through I missed you. Your like a classic Eagles song, you just cant help but sing along even though it sometimes gets annoying too. I just know I want to be wherever I can wake and see you there next to me. **High Fidelity** Love is what I do **The Wedding Singer** Xanadu - Best NEW Musical of the Season!

C is for Company
#5re: Grey Gardens doing away with student rush (?)
Posted: 11/6/06 at 2:19pm

For what I did rush, it was the "obstructed" orchestra seats in the first few rows on the side.