Audra on PBS

touchmeinthemorning
#1Audra on PBS
Posted: 12/31/06 at 8:30pm

Anyone else watching right now? I know it's quite a statement, but I think her version of "Somewhere Over the Rainbow" may be the finest I've ever heard. Simply lovely.

"Fundamentalism means never having to say 'I'm wrong.'" -- unknown
Updated On: 12/31/06 at 08:30 PM

Michael Bennett Profile Photo
Michael Bennett
#2re: Audra on PBS
Posted: 12/31/06 at 8:33pm

Careful, Touchme - don't say that in the West Village or you may be lynched.

CapnHook Profile Photo
CapnHook
#3re: Audra on PBS
Posted: 12/31/06 at 8:48pm

What did she sing before that? What was the opener? I tuned in just when she sang "Somewhere..."

"The Spectacle has, indeed, an emotional attraction of its own, but, of all the parts, it is the least artistic, and connected least with the art of poetry. For the power of Tragedy, we may be sure, is felt even apart from representation and actors. Besides, the production of spectacular effects depends more on the art of the stage machinist than on that of the poet."
--Aristotle

CapnHook Profile Photo
CapnHook
#4re: Audra on PBS
Posted: 12/31/06 at 8:55pm

What did she sing before that? What was the opener? I tuned in just when she sang "Somewhere..."

"The Spectacle has, indeed, an emotional attraction of its own, but, of all the parts, it is the least artistic, and connected least with the art of poetry. For the power of Tragedy, we may be sure, is felt even apart from representation and actors. Besides, the production of spectacular effects depends more on the art of the stage machinist than on that of the poet."
--Aristotle

RentBoy86
#5re: Audra on PBS
Posted: 12/31/06 at 9:00pm

She sang two songs that I heard before "Somewhere" but I honestly couldn't tell you what they were from, though I know she mentioned it right before singing "Somewhere..." Any idea if she's going to sing "How Glory Goes"? I'd love to hear that.

soapguy17 Profile Photo
soapguy17
#6re: Audra on PBS
Posted: 12/31/06 at 9:05pm

Touchme, If I wasn't so afraid of bwwers, I'd admit that I agree with you 100%.

I have NEVER met Cheyenne Jackson. I have never hung out with him in his dressing room, he did not tweet me, he never bought me a beverage, and he mostly certainly didn't tickle me. . .that is all.

soapguy17 Profile Photo
soapguy17
#7re: Audra on PBS
Posted: 12/31/06 at 9:13pm

Wow, she graduated form college in 93? I assumed she was much younger.

I have NEVER met Cheyenne Jackson. I have never hung out with him in his dressing room, he did not tweet me, he never bought me a beverage, and he mostly certainly didn't tickle me. . .that is all.

somethingwicked Profile Photo
somethingwicked
#8re: Audra on PBS
Posted: 12/31/06 at 9:18pm

She's 36, soapguy. That's pretty young still (especially for someone who has achieved the magnitude of success she already has.)

Tonya Pinkins: Then we had a "Lot's Wife" last June that was my personal favorite. I'm still trying to get them to let me sing it at some performance where we get to sing an excerpt that's gone.
Tony Kushner: You can sing it at my funeral.

touchmeinthemorning
#9re: Audra on PBS
Posted: 12/31/06 at 9:23pm

soapguy,

She's L'Audra now. We're allowed to compare her to the greats -- cause she's one of them.

"Fundamentalism means never having to say 'I'm wrong.'" -- unknown

soapguy17 Profile Photo
soapguy17
#10re: Audra on PBS
Posted: 12/31/06 at 9:29pm

touchme, I nearly fainted.

somethingwicked, I'm 17. Too me, that's old. Of course I draw the line around 28. Which I know is totally insane, but I can't help it.

somethingwicked Profile Photo
somethingwicked
#11re: Audra on PBS
Posted: 12/31/06 at 9:30pm

Audra in "Yentl" on Broadway= :)

This beautiful evening has made me even more exicted to see "110 in the Shade" this summer.

Tonya Pinkins: Then we had a "Lot's Wife" last June that was my personal favorite. I'm still trying to get them to let me sing it at some performance where we get to sing an excerpt that's gone.
Tony Kushner: You can sing it at my funeral.

CapnHook Profile Photo
CapnHook
#12re: Audra on PBS
Posted: 12/31/06 at 10:24pm

A fantastic concert with a plethora of obscure movie musical tunes.

I just wished there was more of a dazzling finish. Ah well, it was still mahvelous.

--Aristotle

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#13re: Audra on PBS
Posted: 12/31/06 at 10:30pm

The second hour is on here in Denver now and the show is simply wonderful. She is singing "Will Someone Ever Look At Me That Way" from Yentl. Her banter is a lot of fun and her exit from "Singing in the Rain" at the end of the 1st hour was quite cute!

A nice way to spend a quiet early evening before going out on the town!

Happy New Year everyone!!!

Just give the world Love.

glimpseofstocking Profile Photo
glimpseofstocking
#14re: Audra on PBS
Posted: 12/31/06 at 10:30pm

Unfortunately I missed the 1st hour, but what I saw was magnificent! I thought her rendition of "Moon River" was fantastic.
And as soon as she said "I bow down to Judy Garland", I knew she would sing "The Man That Got Away". She sang that song beautifully!
I really enjoyed the Lena Horne song she sang from Cabin In The Sky (that I can't seem to remember now!).

Audra is such a gracious and classy woman. I adore her.

There wouldn't be lights bright enough!

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#15re: Audra on PBS
Posted: 12/31/06 at 10:32pm

I forgot to mention that I think this show should be recorded and released on CD. It's that good. Thank goodness I am taping it and can transfer it to CD.

Cabchic
#16re: Audra on PBS
Posted: 12/31/06 at 10:44pm

Can someone post a set list of the songs she did or PM me with them. I was flipping back and forth and there were 2 songs that I loved but don't know the movies they were from.
I Double Dare You and one about counting sheep..sorry for my ignorance...I did see they will be repeating it so next time I am taping it.

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#17re: Audra on PBS
Posted: 12/31/06 at 10:51pm

Her "Old Lang Syne" was beautiful. That song makes me cry every year. She also welled up a bit while singing it if anyone noticed and wipied the tears as she turned to introduce the orchectra.

RentBoy86
#18re: Audra on PBS
Posted: 12/31/06 at 10:58pm

How'd she exit?

Becoz_i_knew_you21 Profile Photo
Becoz_i_knew_you21
#19re: Audra on PBS
Posted: 12/31/06 at 11:11pm

I missed the first hour(West Coast time). I tuned in about 10 minutes ago. I just set it to tape on my DVR.
Updated On: 12/31/06 at 11:11 PM

buffyactsing Profile Photo
buffyactsing
#20re: Audra on PBS
Posted: 12/31/06 at 11:38pm

I too enjoyed myself immensely, but her nose contouring kept bugging me. I think Audra's nose is fine without trying to make it look narrower.

I notice strange things.

"This ocean runs more dark and deep than you may think you know...I'll be the fear of the fire at sea." -Marie Christine

TBone Profile Photo
TBone
#21re: Audra on PBS
Posted: 12/31/06 at 11:43pm

Here you go, Cabchic

Lose That Long Face (A Star is Born)
I Have Confidence (The Sound of Music)
It Might As well be Spring (State Fair)
Hurry, It's Lovely Up Here (On A Clear Day...Forever)
Over the Rainbow (The Wizard of Oz)
I Double Dare You (Radio Days)
Happiness is Just a Thing Called Joe (Cabin in the Sky)
Tess's Torch Song (Up in Arms)
Too Late Now (Royal Wedding)
Can't Stop Talking (Let's Dance)
You'll Never Know (Hello Frisco, Hello)
Thanks Alot, But No Thanks ( It's Always Fair Weather)
As Time Goes By (Casablanca)
Singin' In the Rain (Singin' In the Rain)

Pure Imagination (Will Wonka and the Chocolate Factory)
I Wish I Were in Love Again ( Babes in Arms)
Moon River (Breakfast at Tiffany's)
The Glamorous Life (A Little Night Music)
Edelweiss (The Sound of Music)
Will Someone Ever Look at Me That way? (Yentl)
I Could Have Danced All Night (My Fair Lady)
The Man that Got Away (A Star is Born)
May You Always (?)
Ain't it the Truth (Cabin in the Sky)
10,432 Sheep (West Point Story)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hope these are correct! re: Audra on PBS
Updated On: 12/31/06 at 11:43 PM

BwayBaby18 Profile Photo
BwayBaby18
#22re: Audra on PBS
Posted: 12/31/06 at 11:43pm

I love her to peices but i have a question Is her speaking voice always that low?

glimpseofstocking Profile Photo
glimpseofstocking
#23re: Audra on PBS
Posted: 1/1/07 at 12:01am

Oh boo, I can't believe I missed her singing Lose That Long Face. I hope this will re-air soon.

There wouldn't be lights bright enough!

Madhatter Profile Photo
Madhatter
#24re: Audra on PBS
Posted: 1/1/07 at 12:14am

For those who missed it, on the west coast it reairs at 1AM.

Becoz_i_knew_you21 Profile Photo
Becoz_i_knew_you21
#25re: Audra on PBS
Posted: 1/1/07 at 12:15am

^Oh,Yeah!

Videos