pixeltracker

Does the PRODUCERS have a student discount?

Does the PRODUCERS have a student discount?

Rentaholic2
#1Does the PRODUCERS have a student discount?
Posted: 1/16/07 at 5:20pm

I read somewhere that they have student rush on just Tues-Thurs. So if I wanna see the show on a Friday or Saturday, is there any way I can still get a 25 dollar ticket? Considering they're only filling to about 60% capacity on average, it doesn't make sense that they wouldn't.

Fosse76
#2re: Does the PRODUCERS have a student discount?
Posted: 1/16/07 at 5:30pm

You can try and haggle with the box office, but the weeknights are the only nights they officially offer discounts.

NJgirl
#2re: Does the PRODUCERS have a student discount?
Posted: 1/16/07 at 5:37pm

weekdays and sundays have been on tdf...if you're a student you can join for the year. You'll make back the 25 dollar fee in what you save with one or two ticket purchases

Rentaholic2
#3re: Does the PRODUCERS have a student discount?
Posted: 1/16/07 at 5:37pm

Do you have any idea what the lowest priced tickets usually go for? It seems so ridiculous to me that I could go on Thursday and see the show for $25 or go on Friday and see it for probably a lot more when I know for a fact that it won't even be that full. Thanks for the help

NJgirl
#4re: Does the PRODUCERS have a student discount?
Posted: 1/16/07 at 5:42pm

I paid 34 dollars a ticket thru TDF and had 5th row center mezz seats this past weekend.

duroc
#5re: Does the PRODUCERS have a student discount?

The Producers does offer student rush tickets:

'Student Rush: Subject to availability, tickets are sold for Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday performances only. The tickets are sold at the box office, on the day of the performance only. Tickets are $26.25 each, a valid student ID is required, and two tickets are sold per person. Seats may be obstructed view.'

http://www.talkinbroadway.com/boards/index.php?category=&rush=show&order=

JKlock Profile Photo
JKlock
#6re: Does the PRODUCERS have a student discount?

the balcony seats are in the $30 range

http://two-sails.blogspot.com/

theminutepast
#7re: Does the PRODUCERS have a student discount?
Posted: 1/16/07 at 5:43pm

I looked in other threads about the Producers student rush, but didn't find anything to answer my question. If I wanted to get a student rush ticket, would I have to go when the box office opens at 10 am even though it is an evening performance? Where do you stand for SRO and do the ushers let you sit at intermission?

duroc
#8re: Does the PRODUCERS have a student discount?
Posted: 1/16/07 at 5:45pm

opps, I didn't read your original post. they might give you a deal on tickets for friday, sat or sunday.

duroc
#9re: Does the PRODUCERS have a student discount?
Posted: 1/16/07 at 5:47pm

theminutepast- yes, you would get the tickets from the box office at the theatre (246 West 44th Street), which opens at 10 am. I recommend getting there early, though. Not sure how popular the Producers is, but your best bet is to get there an hour or two early, and wait. there is sometimes a line, and I think they only sell 15-30 discount tickets.

edit: I'd recommend the same thing for evening performances. what day are you going? they only offer student rush Tues, Wed, Thurs, and standing room, when the show is sold out.

Updated On: 1/16/07 at 05:47 PM

theminutepast
#10re: Does the PRODUCERS have a student discount?
Posted: 1/16/07 at 6:08pm

The problem is that I have an internship where I work from 9 am-3 pm; so getting a student ticket would be impossible. That's why I also asked about SRO. I would love to see The Producers, but I'm on a limited budget. Maybe I'll try SRO sometime. Thanks for the help, duroc.

duroc
#11re: Does the PRODUCERS have a student discount?
Posted: 1/16/07 at 6:11pm

are you going to be in NYC for the interview? you might as well try stopping at the theatre, even if you don't get there till after 3. I honestly don't know how popular the Producers is. They may still have Student Rush tickets for the evening performance.

theminutepast
#12re: Does the PRODUCERS have a student discount?
Posted: 1/16/07 at 6:14pm

By "the interview," do you mean this Thursday when Danza is out?

dancingthrulife04 Profile Photo
dancingthrulife04
#13re: Does the PRODUCERS have a student discount?
Posted: 1/16/07 at 6:14pm

Has rush gotten more crowded since Tony Danza joined the cast?

http://www.beintheheights.com/katnicole1 (Please click and help me win!) I chose, and my world was shaken- So what?
The choice may have been mistaken, The choosing was not...
"Every day has the potential to be the greatest day of your life." - Lin-Manuel Miranda
"And when Idina Menzel is singing, I'm always slightly worried that her teeth are going to jump out of her mouth and chase me." - Schmerg_the_Impaler

duroc
#14re: Does the PRODUCERS have a student discount?
Posted: 1/16/07 at 6:23pm

I must be dyslexic this evening. I meant intership, not interview.

theminutepast
#15re: Does the PRODUCERS have a student discount?
Posted: 1/16/07 at 6:31pm

Oh, yes, my internship isn't far from Times Square. I could give it a shot going after work.

duroc
#16re: Does the PRODUCERS have a student discount?
Posted: 1/16/07 at 6:33pm

oh, cool. g'luck!

BroadwayBaby2004
#17re: Does the PRODUCERS have a student discount?
Posted: 1/17/07 at 3:09pm

We were in NYC this past weekend and the line to get into the theater went from the St. James all the way down to Broadway. My guess would be the show is doing quite well with Danza, though I'm not sure why, so it might be a little harder to get discount tix. As far as Mr. Danza, he is very unfriendly to his fans. My kids and I happened to be going by the theater when he arrived. My son yelled to him and so did I. Asked if we could get a picture and his response was NO!!! Not now. I guess the 10 seconds of his time we asked for was much too precious.

Videos